Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: October 14, 2008 03:53AM

You know its interesting. Though I haven't been back to the trainings in well over a year, every now and then I will run into someone who is still caught in it. Its funny to hear them speak and see their confusion when I don't fall for their BS. Actually some of the people I have run in to have left the trainings. The extremes they started to see in the higher trainings finally got to them. I have been told (and take it for what it's worth because it is not first hand) the amount of delusional people has seemed to grow. It sounds very unstable for relationships. It feels good to be able to make my own decisions and live my own life and I am so thankful I got the hell out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: October 14, 2008 11:51PM

dazedandconfused
You know its interesting. Though I haven't been back to the trainings in well over a year, every now and then I will run into someone who is still caught in it. Its funny to hear them speak and see their confusion when I don't fall for their BS. Actually some of the people I have run in to have left the trainings. The extremes they started to see in the higher trainings finally got to them. I have been told (and take it for what it's worth because it is not first hand) the amount of delusional people has seemed to grow. It sounds very unstable for relationships. It feels good to be able to make my own decisions and live my own life and I am so thankful I got the hell out.

Hi Dazedandconfused,

I definitely saw the disparity as I went farther and farther into the trainings. It seemed like people got more and more disfunctional as they went deeper and deeper with the exception of the few people who were just along for the ride with their loved ones. I can't tell you how many "enlightened" TIT3 (now Life Mastery) grads I knew who couldn't hold down a job or maintain normal relationships because they were too flaky and unable to keep their commitments. I still can't believe that so many other people, including those closest to me, were unable to see what was to me an obvious breakdown and confirmation that the training does not deliver.

Posted by: 3456789 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:11AM

I can't believe I was suckered into attending Impact Trainings, I feel a little better now finding that I was not the only one. I thought I was attending a self improvement course only to be bait & switched and brainwashed.

Is there any chance of a class action lawsuit? Their marketing is wrong and deceitful. The way they tear people down by abusing them may cause damage to a person. They are a for profit business, with money, that can be sued for many reasons.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Date: October 15, 2008 02:55AM

formerimpactgrad

Hi Dazedandconfused,

I definitely saw the disparity as I went farther and farther into the trainings. It seemed like people got more and more disfunctional as they went deeper and deeper with the exception of the few people who were just along for the ride with their loved ones. I can't tell you how many "enlightened" TIT3 (now Life Mastery) grads I knew who couldn't hold down a job or maintain normal relationships because they were too flaky and unable to keep their commitments. I still can't believe that so many other people, including those closest to me, were unable to see what was to me an obvious breakdown and confirmation that the training does not deliver.

Definitely. There are so many that stay in the trainings and don't see the common denominator in their lives not working. A lot of them can't keep jobs, can't stay committed in relationships, and don't know which way is up. The idea of 'no right or wrong' creates a place where predators thrive and many live dishonest lives because they justify it by their intention. There ends up being no accountability in a place where you are 'taught' to be accountable. I feel everyone that leaves this group (LMT) need to get help for the brainwashing that has been incurred. They may think they're above it or it didn't really affect them but those not affected are the minority.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:55AM

>>Their marketing is wrong and deceitful. <<

It is sick. Find your "inner child -- We beat you so hard and so loud that you won't even be able to hear it scream."

>>Is there any chance of a class action lawsuit? <<

Hans goes through cash like (as my cousin in Alabama used to say) shit through a pig. (My mom used to get so mad when she'd say that.)

If anyone there actually saves any cash, it's stuck in banks in the Sweden or somewhere.

The man is evil and the only result of fighting him is getting his muck all over yourself.

I hear there have been people going through those trainings with small tape recorders, getting ready to put the truth up on websites. That's the only thing I see that might reduce their numbers -- namely getting the truth out.

Would anyone even consider going there if they heard 5 minutes worth of feedback arcs?

Now a criminal lawsuit, as opposed to class action, for someone who was seriously hurt, committed suicide, or the like . . . that could do it as well.

Even the IRS couldn't shut this guy down.

--Ed

Date: October 15, 2008 06:22AM

It is irritating that something that has hurt the lives of so many people can continue running without anything touching it. I'm sure eventually the Berger 'house of cards' will fall and I only can hope that many lives and relationships are saved because of that.

Posted by: jk.genesis ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:21AM

dazedandconfused
It is irritating that something that has hurt the lives of so many people can continue running without anything touching it. I'm sure eventually the Berger 'house of cards' will fall and I only can hope that many lives and relationships are saved because of that.

Going after the Bergers is about as effective as the war on drugs. You can take out all the dealers you want, but as long as there is a demand for heroin, there will always be a supply. The Impact addicts prefer the delusion. They will keep people like the Bergers in business and there is nothing you can do about it. And the drug addicts who blame their dealers for their ruined lives and relationships are living a bigger lie than their dealers are telling.

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark," (New York, New York: Ballantine Books, 1996), p. 241.

Date: October 15, 2008 09:46AM

jk.genesis

Going after the Bergers is about as effective as the war on drugs. You can take out all the dealers you want, but as long as there is a demand for heroin, there will always be a supply. The Impact addicts prefer the delusion. They will keep people like the Bergers in business and there is nothing you can do about it. And the drug addicts who blame their dealers for their ruined lives and relationships are living a bigger lie than their dealers are telling.

AMEN. That is why I think the only thing I can do is move on, learn from my mistakes and stay the hell out. Hopefully, I can save a few souls from repeating my history.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: October 17, 2008 12:22AM

A visit to impacttrainings.com reveals that 12-15 Nov. Quest has a waiting list, but 3-6 Dec. Quest is open. Does a decline in enrollment waiting time for Quest to just 6 weeks have any significance? It is at least not a great growth indicator. You can however, plunk down $1,500 for enrollment in TIT/LMT I today and begin that process immediately. My experience is, in observing others, that a person beginning LMT with some mild instability will be soon exhibiting gross instability in mental and emotional behavior. This is a particularly poor investment, especially going into an economic down turn. A poor economy cannot work to Impact's benefit. Well, every cloud has its silver lining.

It seems to me that there is increasing reason to hope that this forum is having the desired impact on Impact. A sharp economic downturn should help!

Also, let no one think that Quest will not aggravate mental and emotional instability. Quest is also a bad investment, just does't cost as much as LMT but is equally and in some respects even more harmful to the mind.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 12:47AM by Hopeful Soul.

Date: October 22, 2008 10:37AM

Hopeful Soul
My experience is, in observing others, that a person beginning LMT with some mild instability will be soon exhibiting gross instability in mental and emotional behavior.

My experience after being a part of all of these trainings and seeing the people that have gone through them, especially LMT, is this is so true. You would not believe how many members or former members of LMT don't know which way is up. They have learned to lie, justify and manipulate through their training so much that it is second nature for them. Their lives are falling apart. I have been told by some I've ran into there is also a big swinger group in LMT that I'm not sure is known about by the owners, but these married people are swapping and calling it good in the name of 'enjoying the journey'. As far as someone's sexual preference I say to each his own but if you are not using your critical thinking skills and these so called 'trainers in training' show you how 'normal' this is just see how long it is til you break and so do your relationships.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.