Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: bobnar ()
Date: July 28, 2008 08:33AM

I have some questions for those who have done any of the Impact trainings.

- Did any of you, or your Impact Family notice symptoms of mania, or just hypo-mania, after your training? Did it just feel kinda like that, or did the symptoms get an official diagnosis? Did it get worse with time?

- Did it get to the point where you had problems sleeping or dreaming? Was there a hard physical/mental crash afterward?

- Did any (already) bipolar or depressed folk take any of the trainings, interpret their initial high from the training as being cured, and then stop taking their meds only to cycle up, or down, really hard?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:51PM

bobnar
I have some questions for those who have done any of the Impact trainings.

- Did any of you, or your Impact Family notice symptoms of mania, or just hypo-mania, after your training? Did it just feel kinda like that, or did the symptoms get an official diagnosis? Did it get worse with time?

- Did it get to the point where you had problems sleeping or dreaming? Was there a hard physical/mental crash afterward?

- Did any (already) bipolar or depressed folk take any of the trainings, interpret their initial high from the training as being cured, and then stop taking their meds only to cycle up, or down, really hard?

Yes, yes and yes. And not just me. I knew many others who went off their med "crutches", which reinforced the behavior. I still have a few recurring problems, mostly anxiety (Which was not prevalent or severe before Impact.) Why do you ask?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2008 03:58PM by exImpact.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: July 29, 2008 02:39AM

ImpactTrainingsCritic has it correct in illustrating the Impact Pyramid. The enrollment interface between Quest and Summit is a key to Impact success. July Quest to Summit enrollment appears to be on the order of 100 out of a Quest population of about 150. Yes, the classes seem to be getting bigger. For those of us who would like to see declining enrollment, don't get discouraged. Without the influence of this blog and other truth sources, the rate of increase would be even greater. The critics of Impact help to provide the real choice, which is so critical to this life. Somehow I don't think that this is what Impact proprietors mean when they teach, "You are at choice."

Date: July 29, 2008 02:56AM

Hey exImpact,

Because graduates of all the different LGATs come out that way -- PSI, the Forum, Quest, the old Lifespring -- makes no difference. The last day of all of them are meant to re-engineer a pathway in your brain right into a version of hypo-mania. Then they call it the 'zen-like high" of your enlightenment, or whatever. Then after you crash, you want to keep coming back for more courses to 'get back to THAT PLACE.' Never quite happens, though.

Problem is, anyone with a mood disorder, even just a genetic predilection for one, is in a high risk group for a full blown episode (of mania or depression) after an intense LGAT, with their late hours and their intense processes.

So, you're hardly alone...

Date: July 29, 2008 03:18AM

If you want to see some downright scary parallels with another similar LGAT (ALSO in SLC), go to YouTube and in the searchbox type in: "Landmark Education" and "Lars"

(Landmark Education puts on the Forum). Then sit down, for sure.

Date: July 30, 2008 11:38AM

Friends,

I see that Robert Paisola did some type of marketing for Impact Trainings, including the videos and the Yahoo! group, but can anyone tell me if he was the trainer over any Impact Trainings classes at any time?

Also, can anyone tell me if minors are allowed to attend the Quest/Liftoff/Summit classes and if it is very common?

Thank you.
ITcritic

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:39PM

ImpactTrainingsCritic
Friends,

I see that Robert Paisola did some type of marketing for Impact Trainings, including the videos and the Yahoo! group, but can anyone tell me if he was the trainer over any Impact Trainings classes at any time?

Also, can anyone tell me if minors are allowed to attend the Quest/Liftoff/Summit classes and if it is very common?

Thank you.
ITcritic

ITcritic,

Thanks for posting!

Odds are Paisola has been on various volunteer staffs but I cannot personally attest to seeing it so hopefully someone else out there can add better information.

As far as "minors in Quest/Summit/Liftoff" are concerned, it is generally discouraged but Hans and Sally have made exceptions in the past. In addition to those trainings there are similar "Youth" and "Teen" trainings that have fairly large groups going through once or twice a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2008 11:41PM by formerimpactgrad.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: July 31, 2008 09:02AM

The youngest I ever saw go through Quest-LiftOff was 16, but I have seen minors attend the core trainings more than a few times. Usually the exceptions are for particular "hard cases". The 16 year old was allowed in because she had been raped, and the teen training wasn't going to "serve her at the highest levels"...

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: August 01, 2008 03:37AM

For those of you who are interested; Robert Paisola (Impact Grad website moderator, frequent apologist and generally despicable and creepy guy) is back in jail again. Here's the link to his arrest detail:

[www.co.utah.ut.us]

He is currently being held in the Utah County Jail for providing a false address to the Utah State Sex Offender Registry. He has posted in this forum a couple of times under the name "moneytrainer" and has frequently talked about how the "changes in him" have caused "over 300 people" to attend the Impact Trainings.

He's just lucky that Utah doesn't have a 3 strikes law!

Date: August 01, 2008 09:10AM

I would think that any organization that let a convicted sex offender work anywhere near minors, especially having any position of trust with them (volunteer staff) would have some definite exposure to liability. Hans may think that he's judgement proof, but he's not.

/What would Ward Bushman say to Pam Bushman if the Bergers lost everything in a negligence suit?
//Look Ma, no Hans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.