Current Page: 33 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SmokerSally ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:02AM

exImpact
SmokerSally
ex,
I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post even though it was a little off the currant conversation. Now I understand a little better why my in-law refuses to continue having a conversation with some one if they use these words. Thanks agian
Even for most graduates, the refusal to continue to have a conversation because you will not conform to the Impact jargon is an extreme behavior. Are they recent Lift-Off grads or are they in the TIT program? How do they do this, will they try to coach your language or have they tried to explain their definitions of the terms? The only reason I ask is because I only saw this type of behavior in the most blind and fanatical of trainees, and I am curious as to what you think of all of it.
Sorry if I copy this wrong but I am still learning to use the board.
ex,
It is my one in-law that take things to the extreme and yes, he has tried to coach our language. He was pretty unstable before Impact and I am not the only person that thinks he came out worse. As far as I know none of my in-laws have gone past qwest but they have all tried to "enroll" my husband and I more than once. I found this thread while trying to find out more about the training and thank god I did.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SmokerSally ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:17AM

Can anyone tell me how to copy what someone said into the little white box?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:33AM

eyeswideopen,

I'm not familiar with the program your friend went to but here is a link to one of my posts about what I have found helpful and not helpful. All of these programs, and their effects, are similar in so many ways.

[board.culteducation.com]

In case the link doesn' work, this one is under "Avatar help" and dated 3-27-07.

Good luck

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:34AM

Eyeswideopen
I have a friend who attended the previous iimpact now called New Era Trainings, is this the same as the "seminars" basically in Utah? My friend is completely in denial, it is sad.. Can anyone send me more information so I might try to show him proof that this is a cult?

This is what little information I have and granted some of it may not be completely accurate, but I'll do my best with what I can remember. Impact used to have operations all over the country. They had several people training quest and summit. These trainers would travel to different centers at their scheduled times. I know the program really took off in Sacramento and Modesto, CA. I am almost positive the iimpact is a spin-off group as Impact is a spin-off of lifespring. In fact, most LGAT's are a spin off of something.

ExImpact and Formerimpactgrad have said a lot about how they got out of the training and what it took from their loved ones to make that happen. I advice you read through some of their posts. From everything they've said, the thing I think works the best is to give clear, logical, rational reasons why the family members behavior is irrational. Do you best to show the circular logic involved in all of these trainings. If at all possible, show your loved one how their behavior now compares to their behavior prior to their training.

Good luck, and if you have any more specific questions, please ask.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: June 13, 2007 11:46AM

SmokerSally
Can anyone tell me how to copy what someone said into the little white box?

Click on "quote" at the top right of the post to which you are responding. Cut whatever you don't want to use. Just make sure to use the close quote in brackets at the end of what you want to reference. --Moderator[/color:044b33fe45]

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Dynoman ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:45PM

For legal action to work you have to prove they are breaking the law. I can't see any laws they are breaking. The other avenue is to have the laws changed by talking to your State Senator and pleading your case. This would take a lot of time and effort to convince one to make a proposal to change the State laws to force them to either change their tactics or shut their doors. Either way, its not going to be easy. Or cheap.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: June 13, 2007 01:39PM

spiritual?
Eyeswideopen
I have a friend who attended the previous iimpact now called New Era Trainings, is this the same as the "seminars" basically in Utah? My friend is completely in denial, it is sad.. Can anyone send me more information so I might try to show him proof that this is a cult?
ExImpact and Formerimpactgrad have said a lot about how they got out of the training and what it took from their loved ones to make that happen. I advise you read through some of their posts. From everything they've said, the thing I think works the best is to give clear, logical, rational reasons why the family members behavior is irrational. Do you best to show the circular logic involved in all of these trainings. If at all possible, show your loved one how their behavior now compares to their behavior prior to their training.

Good luck, and if you have any more specific questions, please ask.
spiritual? is correct, but sometimes logic doesn't work when you are dealing with someone who is irrational. Can you be a little more specific about your situation without compromising your loved ones identity?

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 13, 2007 01:46PM

SmokerSally
Sorry if I copy this wrong but I am still learning to use the board.
ex,
It is my one in-law that take things to the extreme and yes, he has tried to coach our language. He was pretty unstable before Impact and I am not the only person that thinks he came out worse. As far as I know none of my in-laws have gone past qwest but they have all tried to "enroll" my husband and I more than once. I found this thread while trying to find out more about the training and thank god I did.
Do you know what level they have completed in the trainings? Were they religious before they went in and are they now? Will they talk about anything at all unless you change your language? It’s a little bizarre, but all of it is I guess, I just rarely saw this cram-the-language-down-your-throat behavior be that severe. I mean, even Impact tells you to not do this because it will alienate you.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 13, 2007 02:21PM

Dynoman
Wow I've read a bunch of these pages and I have to say, from what y'all have said these Large Group thingies really suck people in!!!!!!

How do they do that so well?
Impact, short of a few billboards, relies solely on word of mouth advertising. So when your mother or boyfriend you[i:dbec17e714] love[/i:dbec17e714] and heretofore have [i:dbec17e714]trusted[/i:dbec17e714] comes to you one day and says, "You HAVE to do this, it is so wonderful, please go! Do it for me and more importantly, yourself!" That is how the trap for the ambush is set. You will say, “well, my mommy or my hubby wouldn’t do anything to hurt me, right?” so in you go. Most people only research what they think is wrong or unsafe, and mommy and hubby are [i:dbec17e714]supposed[/i:dbec17e714] to be safe people, right? And it is my opinion that many people tend to feel guilty when they say no to their mommy or hubby (especially in Utah).

IMPACT Trainings
Date: June 13, 2007 03:58PM

Dynoman
Wow I've read a bunch of these pages and I have to say, from what y'all have said these Large Group thingies really suck people in!!!!!!

How do they do that so well?

I would be seriously pissed if I spent 40 grand on this stuff and found out it was brainwashing me!!!!! And to top it off, you found it did nothing but bad things to you!!!!!! Oh that sounds awful!!!! How on God's Green Earth do these places stay open?

Don't you guys want to get back at them now? How can you do that? This forum isn't enough. I'd be like "Hey Hanz, meet my friend Smith and my friend Weston."

I have heard about these groups sucking in people but the rage and brainwashing you guys are talking about is beyond description. If I had that much rage I'd probably shoot myself after shooting Hanz.

Thank you for telling us about the damage these places do. You are doing a great service to everyone who reads this.

(Disclaimer I don't suggest shooting anyone for their misdeeds. Just a figure of speech)
Dynoman
For legal action to work you have to prove they are breaking the law. I can't see any laws they are breaking. The other avenue is to have the laws changed by talking to your State Senator and pleading your case. This would take a lot of time and effort to convince one to make a proposal to change the State laws to force them to either change their tactics or shut their doors. Either way, its not going to be easy. Or cheap.
But worth it. Either way, its a much more equitable solution to dealing with anger caused by trainings than your first post implied. Whether you meant it literally or not, it was pretty disturbing.

Current Page: 33 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.