Current Page: 6 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: December 01, 2006 09:39AM

exImpact...

Do you know of any Impact grads who readily convey or express that Impact is such a great influence in their lives? Even among the die-hards, Impact still seems like a hush-hush topic, and not readily mentioned as something to be proud of... For comparison, it's not uncommon to hear someone mention where they graduated from college, memberships in associations in their given profession such as a society specific to their line of work, or even something like Toastmasters.

In short, I don't think I've ever heard Impact (or Landmark) mentioned in terms of a nice thing to have on the resume, etc.... and if it's so great, why not?? :wink:

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 01, 2006 11:55AM

Madshus
exImpact...Do you know of any Impact grads who readily convey or express that Impact is such a great influence in their lives? Even among the die-hards, Impact still seems like a hush-hush topic, and not readily mentioned as something to be proud of... For comparison, it's not uncommon to hear someone mention where they graduated from college, memberships in associations in their given profession such as a society specific to their line of work, or even something like Toastmasters. In short, I don't think I've ever heard Impact (or Landmark) mentioned in terms of a nice thing to have on the resume, etc.... and if it's so great, why not?? :wink:
Others (such as formerimpactgrad) might see it differently, but I think the common sense answer may be that you wouldn’t want to readily talk about or include in any kind of professional document information that might incite discriminatory actions that are against your best interests. I think people don’t talk about it openly for some of the same reasons people don’t openly talk about their religious orientation or about being in therapy, unless they are sure it is safe to do so. I think this reluctance is enhanced for graduates of LGATs because of the (warranted) dubious and negative stereotypes that surround such programs. But many trainees in Lift-off and most people in TIT 3 are exceptions to this. Lift-off trainees have a weekend that used to be called Enrollment weekend, which I hear has been changed to Power Communication weekend (for obvious reasons. That it took so long for them to change it, I think, is an illustration of the simple minds in charge at Impact) where the focus of the training becomes all about getting everyone they can think of in the training. Many of those people can’t open their mouths without saying, “IMPACT!” At least until their friends and family vehemently insist that they knock it off :x. The TIT 3 group is the hard core, fanatical, in-over-their-head trainees who are responsible for filling the Quest seats that the Lift-off grads don’t fill. I think the hush-hush attitude you site is a by-product of the combination of the domineering and intimidating mental conditioning techniques the Impact Trainings employs and the oaths of non disclosure trainees swear to. They can only share how the training has affected their lives, not the particulars of the processes that led them to those results. I also suspect that for many, the rational contradictions they are taught never entirely sit well within their minds. Good thing they are taught to discount those pesky minds, huh!

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: December 01, 2006 11:09PM

exImpact summed things up pretty well on these two subjects. I wasn't aware that Hans had any kind of educational background, but I do know that none of the trainers have a formal degree in therapy, psychiatry or any other form of human behavior. In many of the guest presentations that I attended Sally Berger proudly announced this fact followed by some statement declaring that they had not been tainted "by the world of agreement". Also as a clarification, Hans claimed that his business was literally a goldmine, not a profitable business but a hole in the ground where gold ore is extracted.

As far as Landmark and Lifespring are concerned, Impact grudgingly acknowledges those trainings but states that their TIT trainings are the only trainings of their kind in the world. Many people around Impact will tell you that TIT is where the real trainings start. As a result they are able to minimize the comparisons to the other programs.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 02, 2006 06:31AM

RaCeR---X
Have a look:
[www.urbandictionary.com]
Keep cruising around RaCeR---X, I love what you find! :D

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 02, 2006 01:56PM

In order to satisfy readers who do not have any interest in learning about the various spiritual and religious teachings of the Impact Trainings and their staff I thought it might make sense to create a separate forum that specifically addresses these concerns;

[board.culteducation.com]

As always I invite anyone with questions or comments to please post them for the benefit of the entire group. However as a courtesy to the readers who are solely interested in the brainwashing/manipulative techniques used in trainings, please post all comments of a spiritual or religious nature in the other forum. Thank you to everyone who regularly posts on this thread and thank you Rick Ross Institute for providing a forum where we can all exercise our first ammendment rights!

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 02, 2006 02:05PM

formerimpactgrad
...I thought it might make sense to create a separate forum that specifically addresses these concerns;

Ummm... I don't really see why you need a separate thread. The spiritual aspect of Impact is obviously part of their manipulative and brainwashing ways. Why does it bother you that such is discussed here? Are you having a conflict with the fact that some of Impacts 'spiritual manipulations' conflict with your own spirtual beliefs, etc? Just curious.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 02, 2006 02:31PM

Hey Madshus, did you read my whole post or just the one line that you quoted?

drivingthecar made a good point a couple of days ago when he said that he was tired of reading about the religious side of the training and was more interested in reading about the numerous manipulative and brainwashing techniques that are completely unrelated to any form of religion. By devoting so much of the main thread to spiritual and religious issues we are effectively excluding people who do not have spiritual and/or religious concerns with the program. As a result, having a separate thread devoted to the more spiritual and religious issues allows peopled to choose the areas of the training that they are most interested in reading about.

How could creating a second post possibly be an indication that I am having a conflict with my own spiritual/religious beliefs? I lived through several years of the Impact Trainings and saw the fall out first hand, an online post isn't going to faze me.

As much as the spiritual and religious beliefs are a part of the manipulative techniques, there are just as many non-spiritual/religious techniques. Simply put, let those interested in religion address it as the see fit and let those who have no interest in religion focus on the things that are most important top them.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 02, 2006 05:44PM

formerimpactgrad
In order to satisfy readers who do not have any interest in learning about the various spiritual and religious teachings of the Impact Trainings and their staff I thought it might make sense to create a separate forum that specifically addresses these concerns;
As always I invite anyone with questions or comments to please post them for the benefit of the entire group. However as a courtesy to the readers who are solely interested in the brainwashing/manipulative techniques used in trainings, please post all comments of a spiritual or religious nature in the other forum. Thank you to everyone who regularly posts on this thread and thank you Rick Ross Institute for providing a forum where we can all exercise our first amendment rights!
Madshus
Ummm... I don't really see why you need a separate thread. The spiritual aspect of Impact is obviously part of their manipulative and brainwashing ways. Why does it bother you that such is discussed here? Are you having a conflict with the fact that some of Impacts 'spiritual manipulations' conflict with your own spiritual beliefs, etc? Just curious.
It’s an interesting idea, this new thread. I agree with Madshus that the religious manipulation and more traditional conditioning tactics are one and the same, but it may benefit those who have primarily religious concerns to have a forum of their own. It will keep this thread from getting too big to sift through. I don't think we have to limit what is conversed about in this forum just because there is another thread. It doesn’t seem to me that what we discuss in this forum "bothers" formerimpactgrad in any way, nor do I think that attitude was implied in his reasoning for starting the new thread. Regarding Impacts 'spiritual manipulations', I will say it most certainly conflicts with my own MORAL beliefs, and I would hope that any rational person could say the same, whether those beliefs are spiritually based or not. I don’t see what you meant by the assertion at the end of the quoted thread, Madshus. I’m not criticizing, I just don’t understand. :) Regardless, I think it's a good idea, and I'll actively monitor both posts.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 03, 2006 09:43AM

Here are a few Impact threads that started and died awhile ago. You should track what the members share on other threads. What gets me is the lack of responses for these people who really needed help! Its crazy!

IMPACT Trainings
Date: December 07, 2006 11:47PM

exImpact...

Do you know of any parallels between the upper level Impact Training courses and the upper level Landmark courses? I was wondering if they start to take different directions at the upper levels, or if they remain pretty similiar in basis of the 'teachings' for each.

Current Page: 6 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.