Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Landmark infiltrating into the medical community
Posted by: windofchanges ()
Date: April 17, 2006 09:44PM

nutrino

One can only wonder about the effect this had on the other busy bees of nuisance litigation and their, ummmm, artful scribes.

We love the way you put this -- especially the "artful scribes."

That's why we chose to defend ourselves against Gentle Wind Project / the Millers, and we hope our RICO win in Federal Court will have an effect on slowing down litigation from other groups against former members who decide to share their experiences on the Internet or elsewhere. (RICO was actually put into place as a tool for the government to use against the Mafia. It's about "racketeering" and losing would have meant paying triple damages!)

The other reason for continuing to stand up to the Millers/GWP's defamation claims against us now in Maine State Court is that we couldn't face the prospect of being muzzled for the rest of our lives and not being allowed to tell our personal stories from over 17 years with the group as followers and board members (Again, don't ask GWP whether we were ever invited to attend a board meeting during our long tenure :lol:)

By the way, while members of GWP we used to hold their "healing instruments" for everything from colds to surgeries to "emotional upsets," and we gave many public testimonials about their "effectiveness." Since leaving the group six years ago, we're much healthier physically, mentally, and emotionally, and all without dependencies. No surprises there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: April 19, 2006 09:22PM

With the head of the medical clinic now a Landmark graduate and advanced participant, what could be the signs that something is going on to "transform" the workplace? It is my understanding that Landmark hard sales pitch has moved to a softer more subtle but still deceptive enrollment process to "touch , move and inspire" others. Is it possible that new guidelines, policies or operating procedures will be guided by Landmark coaches to infiltrate all aspects of the clinic's operations and workers personal life? What should we be on the lookout for? Can we say that there is some tangible danger that will slowly deteriorate the workplace? If yes, what can be done to prevent it from happening without looking like an anticult activist (in which case it can backlash ... and this is exactly what Landmark leaders want)?

Landmark builds it's strength on confrontational, ambiguous and dissonant situations. If some people in the workplace initiate a debate about the cultish nature of Landmark activities, does it really help or does it make things worst? Doubts, uncertainty, unclear definition of what a cult is, what it's not, opposite testimonies about the good and the bad, etc... all of this contributes to raise the tension and put people in a state of cognitive dissonance ... and this means playing Landmark's game. So, I find myself in a very difficult situation about what to do next. With only a small number of workers and associate that fell for it yet, is it better simply to ignore what's happening and close our eyes ... let it die off? Actually, not only people working at the clinic are not wiling to do anything to stop what is happening (indifference or ignorance?), they don't know what to do. Any ideas?

P.S.:
I just learned today that this guy at the clinic is seen as a kind of "sociopath"! Isn't that surprizing?

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 20, 2006 04:02PM

It is my understanding that Landmark hard sales pitch has moved to a softer more subtle but still deceptive enrollment process to "touch , move and inspire" others. Is it possible that new guidelines, policies or operating procedures will be guided by Landmark coaches to infiltrate all aspects of the clinic's operations and workers personal life?

Midonov, Landmark officially changed to the move touch and inspire about 6 years ago. In reality its lambskin on a wolf. the hard sell is still there underneath.

Landmark is always trying to get a foot in at workplaces. usually beacuse it always leads to more bums in seats and thats what it is really all about.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: April 20, 2006 10:57PM

On one level it looks to me like the collective mind is beginning to wise up to the game structure of LGATs... the smarter, more socially aware folks I run into are practicing an increasingly fluid, supple, Taoist like thinking that seems to be a learned, organic response to manipulative games emerging from the advertising/publishing/political machine sector.... all of which were fascinated ([i:76ca0d671c]salivating[/i:76ca0d671c] is closer to it) by the "promise" of "enrollment"..... back to Newton's Third Law... for every action there was an equal an opposite reaction... in a backanded compliment kind of way, the LGATs with their bonkers viral marketing theories have also [i:76ca0d671c] provoked [/i:76ca0d671c] a subtle, widespread response... every time an addled celebrity makes a profoundly asinine utterance for public consumption, I'm thinking..... go,go,go man...let it all hang out... lets see this madness for what it is and be educated thereby...

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: April 27, 2006 12:51AM

midonov123
. . . what can be done to prevent it from happening without looking like an anticult activist (in which case it can backlash ... and this is exactly what Landmark leaders want)?

Landmark builds it's strength on confrontational, ambiguous and dissonant situations. If some people in the workplace initiate a debate about the cultish nature of Landmark activities, does it really help or does it make things worst? Doubts, uncertainty, unclear definition of what a cult is, what it's not, opposite testimonies about the good and the bad, etc... all of this contributes to raise the tension and put people in a state of cognitive dissonance ... and this means playing Landmark's game. So, I find myself in a very difficult situation about what to do next. With only a small number of workers and associate that fell for it yet, is it better simply to ignore what's happening and close our eyes ... let it die off?
Again, excellent questions Mike. I've been hashing around the same questions myself. I don't know the answers, but I do have some thoughts. It's a good question because it IS easy to play into their hands, and be just against them. A lot of time and energy and brilliant resources can be spent just trying to un-do what they teach, and it is somewhat of a natural reaction when one sees the lies they teach being eagerly ingested by first willing, then subjected, minds. And as you suggest, it will probably spread. I'm not sure that coaches will "scheme" to spread it in an organization, but I think if a "true believer" is within, they will naturally want to transform as many things as possible to conform to their new view of reality.

As I have thought about this though, I am impressed with the need to be FOR something rather than just AGAINST something. The question you may need to ask yourself is, what are you FOR? (Please, don't interpret that in LGAT what do you stand for terms.) This has to be more than I'm for forever cleaning up after LGATs. Something like, I'm for critical thinking or holding to the emprical method or . . . whatever. You fill in the blanks. Have your debates/discussions/whatevers overall include as much of that as the objective debunking of the LGAT material. It's harder to label you as an "activist" if you are more than just a negative mud-slinger.

We still need to speak up against the lies, however, when we see them. There can be different styles of doing this, some more confrontational than others, but we have to speak up. LGAT targets are going to be in cognitive dissonance anyway, I think, so you're not sparing them anything. Doing nothing just lets LGATs win, and if they win, I think they should at least have to earn it. I hate cliches, but you know the one that applies here -- all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing. Besides, I would bet you won't be able to simply close your eyes. You care.

The tough part is finding the right balance of these messages.

Hope you got my p.m. replies.

Good luck,

-lightwolf

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: April 27, 2006 04:20AM

lightwolf
As I have thought about this though, I am impressed with the need to be FOR something rather than just AGAINST something. The question you may need to ask yourself is, what are you FOR?

Here's a short list which explains why I would like to stop LGATs:

What I am FOR:

- True authenticity
- Rational thinking
- Non-paradoxical communication (honesty)
- Two way communication (equality)
- Intellectual debates (true education)
- Mutual Respect
- The fact that there ARE victims in this world (e.g. Chernobyl victims)
- Not giving up being right when you know you are
- Remembering to tell the truth always
- Helping people, especially children
- Being true to yourself and to others
- Protecting my family, friends and workplace from deceptive groups

What I am AGAINST:

- Deviant form of authenticity (compliance)
- Abandonment of rational thinking
- Paradoxical communication (hidden agenda)
- One way communication (authority)
- Sociopath rhetoric (pseudo-Education)
- Lack of respect for different point of view
- Being help responsible for EVERYTHING in your life (*) (e.g. saying that Chernobyl victims are responsible for blowing up the reactor!)
- Giving up being right when you know you are (*)
- Remembering that this is not the truth (*)
- Manipulating people and children to profit from them
- Deceiving yourself and others
- Enrolling family, friends and workplace into a cultish group

* Landmark phrases

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.