Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
"Transformation" documentary showing in Palm Beach
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 01, 2007 02:13AM

Check out this shameless Landmark Education jargon-laced quote from Robyn Symon, who made the movie about the "compassionate" psychopath Werner Erhard.

Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard

"The reason I took on this project is I saw the ideas and programs Werner and his associates created had a powerful impact in the lives of many people and still do, though many people aren't aware they're still in existence today in a big way.

I wanted to make these transformational tools available, unfiltered by the news media. Journalists do research by gathering other news stories, and those stories feed on each other. So there's agreement about certain facts taken from those 'sources'. But that agreement does not necessarily represent the truth.

This documentary is an opportunity for Werner's work to speak for itself, and for you to experience him as more than a charismatic seminar leader or a subject of a sensational headline. Rather, it's an insight into an extraordinary mind and a compassionate man. And perhaps more importantly, it's an opportunity for people to walk away with a powerful possibility in their own lives." ... Robyn Symon

[laurenceplatt.home.att.net]

Who is this relatively late comer to the conversation for transformation, this at first skeptical (as I had heard) late comer who has out of nowhere created what some, fans and begrudging naysayers alike, are now calling "the best thing done on Werner - ever"? Who is Robyn Symon like a possibility? ... Or could her work actually impart the possibility of transformation, the work of Werner Erhard?
And if she does something great, surely she would then be characterized simply as an award winning journalist who got influenced by a cult?
What got me sitting up and taking notice was [b:a5f41c0d00]her saying she had no idea there was any connection between Werner Erhard and the Landmark Forum nor with the erstwhile est training[/b:a5f41c0d00]. And what got me really interested was when she finally did find out about the connection, she was mildly irritated that the Landmark Forum could even remotely be connected to "that cult", a phrase she punctuates with twinkling laughter.

...In Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard, Robyn Symon has finally set the record straight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.