Current Page: 2 of 4
"Transformation" documentary showing in Palm Beach
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: April 13, 2006 01:20AM

nutrino
skeptic
My head spins so fast whenever I try to follow the "logic" and "sense" in lgat "teachings". They're all about redefining, reframing, rethis, rethat.

The exact point ISN'T logic and sense.... the point is to overload your critical thinking system with double binds, non sequiturs, emotional flooding, exhaustion, until you don't have your day to day protective bullshit detectors up and running.... LEC has a marvellous line for justifying their actions "we're more on your side than you are " (that's a scripted comeback they memorize, just in case).... translation: "anything you do to shield yourself is harming you, so stop thinking and go with our process, because you are too fucking dumb to get what we are all about".

So well said, nutrino! I wasn't involved in LEC but the lgat I was conned by said "trust the process". Our "work" was to question our beliefs and to discard problematic (according to them) ones and adopt the ones we were told to adopt (theirs). The new beliefs relieved us of thinking at all.

Re VICTIM thinking, the sick twist is that: lgats victimize/prey upon trusting/searching people ~ AND THEN ~ disallow them to see themselves as victims! They have been programmed to not see what has been done to them, as language and concepts which would describe their situation are TABOO. What a bind!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: April 13, 2006 01:27AM

" Two-time Emmy winner Robyn Symon"
This is suspiciously vague. What were the emmy awards for? Sound editing? I've searched Google and the Emmy site. Can anyone find a record of the awards?
[search.freefind.com]

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: April 13, 2006 01:36AM

joe6
" Two-time Emmy winner Robyn Symon"
This is suspiciously vague. What were the emmy awards for? Sound editing? I've searched Google and the Emmy site. Can anyone find a record of the awards?
[search.freefind.com]

This page from their site lists the awards but I can't find an independent record of them.
[www.symonproductions.com]

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: April 13, 2006 02:05AM

She appears to be a legit documentary producer of mid level works with strong local/global themes. Based in Miami. Possibly she has the ability to drill down into the core of this story. We devoutly hope.

her blurb about herself:

National Programming:
In 1993, Symon was named reporter and producer for the award- winning series “New Florida” airing on PBS in South Florida and nationally on The Travel Channel. In 1996, she was promoted to Senior Producer and host of “New Florida,” also moderating the public affairs programs “Issues and the Media” and “Viewpoint.” Symon produced the acclaimed musical program“Boleros - Unforgettable Love Songs” airing nationally on PBS stations and hosted by Ricardo Montalban and featuring Celia Cruz, Luis Miguel, Jose Feliciano and many other Latin stars and international dance champions.

In the year 2000, Symon produced "Living Positive" with Lou Diamond Phillips about the spread of AIDS among teens. Symon is currently a producer with the documentary series "Voices of Vision" produced by the Teaching Learning Network for public television hosted by NPR's Scott Simon.

Symon Productions President Robyn Symon was a Special Projects Producer at NBC6 and FOX News producing investigative stories for sweeps.

Also in production is "CROSSING THE LINE" a documentary for THE TENNIS CHANNEL going behind the scenes of Junior Tennis competition.

For series production, Symon Productions is producing "Health & Family" with Joy Philbin airing on BRAVO featuring educational campaigns about today's critical medical issues.

Posted by: soullovemia ()
Date: April 26, 2006 08:25PM

I went to see it last night. It was really good. It shows the powerful legacy Werner's work had and it manages to separate the work from the man. His work has had a powerful, positive impact on many people. The film separates this from whatever Werner did and didn't do. Good movie. Go see it!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 26, 2006 08:32PM

Was there any balance at all?

That is, anything that mentioned and/or cited the controversy that surrounds Erhard historically, such as lawsuits, bad press etc.?

See [www.culteducation.com]

Did the documentary discuss in any way the criticism of large group awareness training or mass marathon training historically?

See [www.culteducation.com]

Any interviews with Erhard's critics within the documentary?

Date: April 26, 2006 08:40PM

yes, there is an interview with rick ross. and the 60 minutes case is discussed. and leaving his first family is discussed.
and overall, i walked away thinking that while as a man, this person may have made some big mistakes, this work has had avery powerful positive influence on many people and those two things should be separated.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 26, 2006 08:47PM

What comments came through the Rick Ross interview?

What information made it to the final cut regarding "60 Minutes"?

How did Erhard look?

Isn't he about 70?

Should have a tan living in the Cayman Islands.

Where did they interview Erhard?

Did they show his girlfriend Hannukah?

Were any of this family interviewed?

Date: April 26, 2006 08:49PM

he is 70.
i don't remember the exact comments on 60 min and rick ross. but they were both included-- answering the "is it balanced question?".
doesn't show where he lives.
showed his mom and some other people, not clear if it was his gfriend.

Date: April 26, 2006 08:51PM

and interviewed one of his daughters too.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.