Deborah Blix a Landmarker?
Posted by: ellenaaa ()
Date: April 27, 2020 10:09PM

Anyone else's radar go up listening to her talk? I'll admit I am hyper-reacitve to anything sounding vaguely "Landmarky" but watching her yesterday I thought she must have gone through some kind of training similar to theirs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deborah Blix a Landmarker?
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: April 28, 2020 04:40PM

I'm not sure who you're talking about. I know of Dr Deborah Birx, who is working with Fauci on the coronavirus response. I did search for a Deborah Blix, and got one result, which linked me back to Dr. Birx.

If there is someone else that you are speaking of, I will look, if you paste a link.

Otherwise, I have noticed the way that Dr. Birx speaks. Although I am not entirely comfortable with her speech, it does not remind me of Landmark. I don't hear the jargon or buzzwords, and she seems quite direct, (unlike lekkies). What I do notice seems more like a slight "vocal fry," If anything, her speech reminded me a bit of Christine Blasey-Ford, but not so babyish. I don't know where she was raised. I think I read somewhere that was a "valley girl" thing.

Re: Deborah Birx a Landmarker?
Date: April 29, 2020 09:17AM

I misspelled her name. Yes, she did an artful dodge defending Trump's assertions, using the word "clear" six or seven times. (So maybe scientology.) She used "breakthrough" to describe what we needed (as far as testing is concerned). She said something about Trump "dialoging" and doing conversation "around" his claims. I dunno, maybe because I wish she'd just come right out and say: "This guy is a moron."

Date: July 22, 2020 09:45PM

.....Knew something wasn't right with this one. Deborah Birx was waaaay too willing to roll over, craft her messages to flatter him, and beg Trrrump for approval.

"When Birx first came on the scene at the beginning of the pandemic, I wrote about the fact that she was part of a Christian right public health subculture (yes, that actually exists) that surrounds Mike Pence's office. I don't think I expected that she'd be willing to sacrifice her reputation as a serious infectious disease expert for the thrill of being on Trump's "team." Apparently she has."

[www.salon.com]

Date: August 04, 2020 05:19AM

So Deborah Birx finally said something that wasn't fawning and obsequious and a "mirror" of tRump's "leadership" and he goes on a Twitter attack:

“So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combatting the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics,” Trump tweeted. “In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!”

[thehill.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.