Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 09, 2006 07:00AM

I was reading Coachville.com after a search brought it up in relation to another topic on this board. The lack of concrete information really is mind-boggling. THe information is as vague as any LGAT advertising.

Anyone apparently can be a coach and start doing whatever they do (whatever it takes, according to Coachville) with people for lots of money after paying a lot for a relatively short course. This course, of course, is written by the guy who founded Coachville and is taught by Coachville grads, using Coaching language. Maybe I'm getting really, really cynical and paranoid in my old age, but it just sends up gazillion red flags for me.

This is off Coachville.com

The purpose vs. the byproducts
I think one of the reasons coaches struggle in talking about coaching is because they are describing the byproducts of coaching rather than the REAL product. The byproducts include LOTS of wonderful things: life balance, personal growth, insights, transformation, creativity, self-expression, having the life you want and reaching goals. But the REAL product of coaching is: consistently winning the game you are playing.

What coaches do vs. What coaches don't do
This protracted debate is completely useless- it's time for us to move on. Mostly because the people who matter- the players - REALLY DON'T CARE. Whether or not coaches give advice, or only ask questions or get involved or don't get involved or have an agenda or don't have an agenda - FORGET IT! This is what coaches do: whatever it takes within the context of fair play to help the player win the game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 09, 2006 07:14AM

Stay away - way too much loaded language, even just in the quote you gave.

"All business problems are really personal problems" - Personal development all the way.

Be cynical - keep your money!

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: April 09, 2006 07:36AM

What, did somebody recently broadcast an infomercial on "how to start your own LGAT and become independently wealthy overnight"?

Seems like these things are multiplying like flies lately, or maybe it's just that I'm suddenly aware of them.

Funny that I should say that...
here's an ad from the coachville website for a free introductory lecture:

CONF06 | CVCAFE How to Coach in Public, Your Fast Track to a Thriving Coaching Business
Hosted by: Dave Buck, President and CEO of CoachVille

Most people have no idea what being coached is really like so they have no way of knowing how powerful it could be for them. Reading about it is not the same thing as experiencing it! So YOU must have the courage to coach in public in order for potential clients and referral partners to see you in action. At the Big Bang: Power of Coaching conference you will experience several coaching demonstrations (as always) BUT this time we will also show you how to do it! There are several tips that will significantly improve your ability to create a positive experience for EVERYONE involved. Our goal is to take coaching mainstream! To do this we need to get coaching OUT of the exclusive secret offices of strict confidentiality and at least partially into the public where it can be seen and heard. Please join Dave for a preview conversation of this compelling new idea.

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 09, 2006 10:56AM

What is scary is that alot of people become heavily involved with LGATs and train as leaders and then go on to make money from being coaches.

Generally the only training they have is through the LGAT.

Recently I found a couple of sites here in New Zealand for people who I know were introduction/seminar leaders for landmark and now they are touting themselves as life coaches.

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: April 11, 2006 02:57PM

It seems to be the only thing that people that have "trained" at landmark come up with - become a "coach". They think they know all there is to know about how to help people.

I guess it is second best after becoming a forum leader. Become a "coach". Actually what they really do is just some light LGAT coaching that they have learnt by imitating the forum leader. At least the forum leaders have trained their manipulative coaching method to perfection. :?

I am very sick of the word coaching that now comes up everywhere.
How do we know who has some good knowledge about people and not just some new age crappology.

netti
an ex-introduction leader to the forum

PS I'll coach you in anything for big bucks any time - any where :D

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: April 11, 2006 08:15PM

sonnie_dee
What is scary is that alot of people become heavily involved with LGATs and train as leaders and then go on to make money from being coaches.

Generally the only training they have is through the LGAT.

Recently I found a couple of sites here in New Zealand for people who I know were introduction/seminar leaders for landmark and now they are touting themselves as life coaches.
Thanks for sharing this sonnie_dee. It keeps amazing me how much these people follow the same path. This is a robot factory!! My Lekkie friend is now working to become a "life coach" as well. Her qualifications: Landmark. Anything else? Nope.

What is scary in my eyes is that once they become a life coach, they now can spread this poison one-on-one to even more unsuspecting people, probably enrolling many, and this just becomes another angle to spread this New Conciousness philosophy into the populace.

I cannot believe that they would actually have what's objectively best for the client in their mind, as a true life coach would. I'm sure that somewhere would be the message that you can't be your best without what the LGAT has to offer.

Truly frightening.

-lightwolf

:evil:

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: April 11, 2006 10:29PM

Coach...let's see....at LEC my friend has a "relationship" coach, an "image" coach, a "career" coach....does she make any decisions for herself??????
It is all BS IMHO :?

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 11, 2006 11:48PM

looking for help
It is all BS IMHO :?

And your honest opinion is about spot on!

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: April 12, 2006 03:59AM

nettie
I am very sick of the word coaching that now comes up everywhere.
How do we know who has some good knowledge about people and not just some new age crappology.

Ditto for me! Sick of hearing about coaching! Such a scam. It IS scary how people come out of lgats thinking they have all the answers. And they're excited to tell everyone else how to live. That's another UGLY lgat theme: meddle in others' lives, because YOU have ALL the answers. And be pushy about it!

After my sister was CONverted, she prescribed the lgat's rules for living for me even though I told her I had UNsubscribed. She persisted, for 3 years, telling me how WRONG I was living my life. I constantly reminded her that I had rejected the CON. It didn't stop her. And so, the lgat destroyed a relationship that had weathered decades.

She is switching careers: she's back in school to be a psychotherapist!!!! I think she so loved meddling in others' lives, from a position of superiority and all-knowing. Unless she comes out of the lgat-induced trance, I suppose the therapy she does will be lgat-flavored, at the least.

How many therapists peddle this crap? Scary. I don't understand why therapists who go through lgats don't see the "philosophy" as non-sense, unusable, dangerous.

Coaching and Coachville
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 12, 2006 09:47AM

Scam is such a great word that most people can relate to. So much better than cult. I know when some people on another forum were talking about Cuddle Parties and Wayne Dyer on PBS, I referred them over here. They weren't convinced that these two entities were cults and made Kool-Aid jokes. It's the same with coaching. Some people think it sounds like a great idea, like mini therapy or mentoring. I think the word "cult" is so linked to Jim Jones, Moonies and Koresh, that a lot of people never find out modern day cults - scams and scammers of every kind, financial scammers, spiritual scams. Maybe we should rename this forum Scam Education Forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.