Current Page: 13 of 18
Re: The Wright Institute for Lifelong Learning?
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:49AM

Grateful, please contact Rick Ross immediately.

I'm very sorry to hear that someone from Wright used Private Messages to say things they're too chickenshit to say publicly. Too bad no one told them about IP monitoring software.

You have every right to post here, and if the Wrights (ironic name for them, isn't it?) don't like what you say, well, they can see what happened to Landmark when the people who run that scam LGAT didn't like what was posted on this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: timetogo ()
Date: July 27, 2009 08:26PM

I was the one who contacted Grateful. I do not work for or have any associations with WI at this time. It was a word of warning, as the post sounded surprisingly like someone I used to know and care about. The stigma of WI does not just go away, it can follow you. And for that, I wish more people knew the truth before being involved.

Posted by: grateful I'm out ()
Date: July 28, 2009 08:06PM

timetogo,

I think I over reacted to your private message. I thought it was someone from WI trying to shut me down. It sounds like you meant to be helpful. I got a sick/sad feeling in my gut when you mentioned the name of the person you care about and you thought that was me. It stayed with me all day. I, too, care a lot about that person. I don't want to do anything to expose or make life more difficult for that person. The Wright Instititute has done enough of that. I think I am still afraid they could do something to harm or undermine those who speak out. The stigma has not gone away for me. When I was involved/"doing my growth work", I felt so proud to be associated with WI and talked about it to anyone who would listen. Now, I am embarrassed about it. I would never put it on a resume or talk about it in a job interview. I am still healing and coming to terms with my experiences and losses. I have a great life now. I love my life. It is full and rich as I have reinvested time, energy, love into the people closest to me, family and friends. The have told me how much more present I am now. Several told me that it seemed like I always had an agenda in the past. I did - it was recruitment.

I, too, wish more people knew the truth before being involved. I will speak out to all who will listen.

Grateful to be out

Posted by: pearl ()
Date: July 30, 2009 11:19AM

Does anyone know where the "yelp" review went? Someone mentioned that the WI probably had it removed because it was too damaging. Can they really do that? Does anyone still have it and could it somehow be posted here? I am not at all computer savvy so forgive me if my questions seem naive...they are. That review was one of the best that I have seen.

To "grateful to be out"---since it seems as though you are the one with the most recent experience at the WI, can you tell me if they discuss in any way shape or form the deep debt that comes with doing so much of their personal growth work? Where does he expect the average person to get the cash to pay for it all? Does anyone there preach financial responsibility?

I know that Bob used to charge double what the other therapists charged for a private session. His arrogance was astounding. I went to see him privately one time and it was a joke. As I was writing out the check to pay him, I felt such shame and like I was the biggest idiot in the world. He actually had me feeling that he was worth it....and he totally believes it about himself. He wasn't a patch on my regular therapist's ass and I am really sorry that I wasted my money seeing him.

Date: July 31, 2009 09:34AM

There must be something about YELP I don't understand, because the last time I checked YELP, the review I talked about was there. If you don't find it, let me know and I will send you the bookmark that I have that pops it up.

As far as financial responsibility goes, it was talked about occasionally. I was encouraged to cut back in other areas and that my personal growth work was worth the sacrifice, would pay off, and given examples of people whose income doubled/tripled. I assumed other people must have big incomes to pay the prices. Now I think that there must be a lot of people struggling and just not talking about it out of shame.

Date: August 03, 2009 10:01AM

Hi grateful---Thank you for all of your contributions. I know how difficult the break with WI must have been and I admire your strength. I also admire your computer skill. For the life of me I cannot access that YELP review. I have tried over a dozen times and every time I go to "The Wright Institute" under YELP--Chicago there are only four reviews left and the one we talked about in the thread is not one of them anymore. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your time. pearl

Date: August 07, 2009 10:41PM

Hi Pearl,

You are welcome. The break with WI was difficult and my greatest growth. It feels good to share the truth and caution others about getting involved.

I saved the link to the missing YELP review. I will try to send it in this message. The last time, I tried to post it, the last part was deleted. I sent it in a private message which may get through.

[www.yelp.com]

I was told there was another review by someone who left that was revealing and helpful. I have not found it. I might contact YELP and see why they limit access.

Grateful

Posted by: notwright ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:47AM

I've been meaning to write here for some time, ever since I first discovered the FactNet post. My heart still races when I think about my time at the Wright Institute. I worked there for a short time, and left feeling as though I was a veteran of a war.

I need to collect my thoughts a bit more, but I'll make sure to become a regular contributor here. But I did want to say a few things:

Grateful to be out - I'm so so so so glad to hear you're embracing the richness of your life again. After leaving, it was like the sun was finally shining strongly. I don't think I realized how severly depressed and timid I had become. I affectionately refer to their office building as the "Black Tower of Death" without a hint of irony.

On the Yelp posting - I imagine the Wrights or their marketing team contacted Yelp directly. They are very quick to use the words "slander" and "libel," as well as the phrase "cease and desist." Organizations often wilt at the possibility of legal proceedings.

Which brings me to a point - I wish we knew who their lawyers were, and if we could persuade them to no longer represent them. My guess, unfortunately, is that one of their deeply entrenched students handles all of their litigation.

Finally, to those that monitor this site from the Wright Institute, please ask yourself: are we the exception? Or are you?

A radical life change doesn't have to come from others at some school. It should come from inside of you. You are your best support, and once you love yourself and stop seeking love from the school, believe me, that first breath of freedom will propel you everywhere you need to go.

Much love to everyone in this thread, and to those reading looking for an out. We support you.

Date: August 25, 2009 10:23PM

Hi--Just wanted everyone to know that the Yelp review that was gone has now reappeared. That is so wierd. Anyway, read it if you get the chance because it is excellent.

Date: August 28, 2009 09:21AM

Pearl,

Thanks for letting us know that this YELP review was reposted. Everyone should read this. It expresses my experience, thoughts, concerns. I will send it out to some people I know that are still connected to the Institute and considering pros and cons of leaving. Perhaps it will have an impact.

Current Page: 13 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.