Current Page: 5 of 18
The Wright Institute for Lifelong Learning?
Posted by: OutThere ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:57AM

Could someone answer this? I've been seeing a lot of Judith over the past 6 months or so in the media here in Chicago. So, I thought I'd look her up, it sounds like good things the she and her business do. Then I found factnet, and this site. I was thinking about going the One Decision training in October, have even registered and given them my credit card number. Is this a mistake? Another question, what is lab? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FormerLabbie ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:04AM

I know I understand... it all sounds, looks, and seems so very legit... the "best selling author"... the media appearances. The primary color business suits.

But the media coverage is of the quick sound bites and/or promoting something type. That's the coverage. It's not like the Tribune investigative reporter team is doing the coverage, you know what I am saying? 20/20 didnt send their investigation. I mean look at Oprah and the "Million Little Pieces" controversey of a year or two ago... and how much more profile is that than the WI? So it does happen.

If you read the April 30, 2005 post from "mjw" on Factnet you pretty much know what goes on at the more hard-core womens weekends.

The stuff you are reading from my experience is true and real. So be forewarned.

Posted by: OutThere ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:19AM

Could you please respond more as to what your experience was. Thanks

Posted by: FormerLabbie ()
Date: August 30, 2007 04:05AM

Lab is an on-going meeting group of Wright Institute types that involves various alleged personal growth assignments, projects, coaching, and the weekends. Typically a very important weekly committment including reflection memos and a weekly group meeting.

As for what you should do - if you've read everything available to you on this and the FactNet site and done your homework and are still thinking that it may be a good idea to attend I honestly dont know what to tell you...

It's not that there is absolutely no value to anything the WI does - that isnt true. For some people in some situations in some exposure levels it can be positive I am sure. But what you read is true. If it still sounds up your alley then you should attend. If the stuff you read doesnt sound like something you would be interested in, then do not attend. I am pretty sure what I would think and do reading all of this....

Posted by: BTW ()
Date: September 02, 2007 06:36AM

I was just reviewing some of the old posts about B&J Wright, and remembered that they had written a reply to a lengthy post written by someone who attended a weekend in Wisconsin. The Institute attempted to dispute the facts by a fairly poor attempt at using PR. (The original post was on factnet, the WI response was on factnet at one time and was removed and run on the WI website, and rewritten to be more of a Q&A). One thing that the Wrights said was that anyone who is really in need of counseling is actually referred to an outside licensed therapist for help. I would just like to say that yes, they do refer people to outside help, but the people (I know of only two “therapists” that they actually refer people too) are actually related and support the Wright’s “growth training.” At least three people I know, who either work for WI or are simply followers, have been in “outside” therapy for more than 10 years in tandem with continuing their courses with the Wrights.

I also know that the Wrights were pissed off, as were some of their followers, by the original post on factnet which shared all of the details of the weekend. I’m convinced that they do know we are all posting on this site and factnet, and that they have decided to lay-low instead of responding—but I guarantee that they are monitoring this and they fear any noise that is raised about their training.

I would just like to add that I know members of the cult that have gun permits and guns and keep them in Wisconsin (Chicago does not allow you to own guns). I do not know that Bob is in any way involved in this, or if he owns guns or has a permit. I just want to clarify this point.

As far as the extravagant lifestyle of B&J, I remember on a few occasions that a few cult members have had lots of clothes shipped in from some of Judith’s favorite boutiques in the country for her to pick different things she liked. Of course, the members/friends paid for it, and Judith didn’t. If I remember correctly one of the outfits was for a photo shoot for her Soft Addictions book.

Even death will not part some followers and B&J. One couple has left B&J guardianship of their children, plus of course, the trust for their children, and the insurance money. Another has left Bob as the main beneficiary of their life insurance and entire estate, even though this person has a family. And with that piece of information, those people will most certainly know who I am based on sharing that tidbit.

Oh, and there was a lovely couple, one of them became very involved with the Wrights, and the spouse didn’t (This would have been in the early 00’s). Guess what happened a year after the one spouse became involved with the Wrights? A divorce. Which was ashamed since there were children involved. When I finally saw the one sane spouse they made it very clear that the WI was the reason for the divorce because their spouse basically said that if they didn’t join them in Wright martial training their marriage had no chance. (Excuse the awkwardness of the paragraph as I did not want to use gender to denote who was the follower).

Posted by: BTW ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:13PM

Did everyone happen to notice on factnet that the Wrights are/or have applied to become accredited to give advanced degrees?

For the Wright Graduate Institute for Human Performance?

This is beyond disgusting, and I question how they can be stopped? Even though B&J have almost bankrupted WI on more than one occasion (they came very close in the early 00's) since their followers keep bailing them out.

Posted by: H8TWI ()
Date: September 04, 2007 01:11PM

I am thrilled to know that these forums are alive and spreading the word against these dangerous people.

I am a former employee who left on my own accord and have first hand knowledge of the greed and corruption that goes on @ the WI.

I know these forums have in detail explained the monstrosities that students and their family's face, but the employees and interns are as well subjected to day in and day out recruitment techniques.

The Wrights use and severely under pay recent graduates. They pray on the young and willing. Long hours with limited benefits and a constant on slot of "You should join this and that group" is what the non-student based employees face. All hard work is invalidated once you are required to attend the "One Decision" training. If you do not agree or join the YOM then your job is no longer available. You must choose between your family, time, and sanity to join the YOM and keep your job. I believe this seriously goes against several labor practices.

The hypocritical nature of the institute is bewildering. I would like to make the point that I am not a man, but a gay male was working for the institute and was denied same-sex partner benefits in regards to health insurance, but wait, does the institute not have a"Gay Men's" program which there by endorses the rights of homosexuals? I am sure every gay man that attends the institute would love to know they are holding back the rights of the people they so willingly take money from.

I could go into so much more detail, but I would end up writing a book.

They are absolutely repulsive... they need to be stopped and 20/20 and ABC really need to consider investigating this. It would shatter their world and return a dose of their own medicine.

Posted by: Skipper ()
Date: September 06, 2007 05:27AM

Being able to tap into the pool of student loan money would be the primary reason for the WI offering accredited advanced degrees. Another reason could be that B & J could confer a Phd on themselves, their coaches or anyone else who has the bucks. This would help with their PR and advertising. Just Imagine; Dr. Judith Wright or Dr. Robert Wright. That's enough to make me puke!!

Regarding their brush with bankruptcy, the WI sells their consulting services to big corporations, portraying themselves as business experts. It's kind of pathetic that they can't seem to run a profitable, legitimate business themselves and that their followers have to bail them out.

It's one thing to recruit new members through the conventional means, but to recriut potential and current employees and eliminating their jobs if they don't attend weekend course or sign up for a Year Of More is just as low as you can go. The hell of it is, you most likely have no recourse. They can just say you were let go for poor performance or due to cut backs if they are challenged on this.

Thanks BTW for your participation in this discussion. Keep the information coming!!!

Posted by: LandoftheLost ()
Date: September 09, 2007 02:30AM

OutThere had asked if anyone knows anything about the one decision training weekend...there is one coming up in Oct. Can anyone speak on this topic, please, and provide some insight into what it is? It seems to be a promotional weekend for other programs the WI has to sell, but wanted to know if anyone has inside details on this.

Anyone? BTW?

Posted by: Soft Addictions ()
Date: September 09, 2007 08:55AM

The One Decision Training is something WI uses to sell and recruit people for their programs. People involved in WI are asked in invite everyone they know to these trainings. Basicly, its a way for Bob and Judith to let you know that you are broken and need them to fix you. That you will never be happy or have a good life if you don't join a program. The big sell is called Year of More, a year long program cost just under $6K. YOM is a way for them to sell you into more programs and to hear how great Judith is. Its A long tiring weekend, going very late on Friday, and again well past dinner, which they do not break for, on both Saturday and Sunday. And again, everything there is confidential. I have seen Bob say some terrible things to people at these trainings. The team leaders, volunteers from WI, spend hours after you leave, looking at what buttons to push in order to get you to sign up.

Current Page: 5 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.