Current Page: 3 of 18
The Wright Institute for Lifelong Learning?
Posted by: juiceweisr ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:01AM

I am new to this forum and had no idea how many bad things exist in this world. I guess the saying is so true, 'The eye cannot see what the mind does not know'......after reading all of the posts about this Wright Institution, I decided to go to their web-site to see what they were all about. They look so legit and professional you would never think that the things people are saying in these forums could possibly be true. BUT I have trust in people who come to these forums to educate people on what is really going on out there. I feel very sorry for anyone who has been hurt by this organization. I am still waiting for BTW to post details.....I know this sounds strange but I am curious as to what these people are really about......BTW are you still out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: timetogo ()
Date: July 20, 2007 04:25AM

After reading about the "friend" and the post of the actual person, I am going round nad round in my head trying to figure out the company. I've narrowed it down to 3, any hints? Its not just hte business businesses that are involved, there are some big name. well know companies that have upper level executives who are students at the Institute. Wonder what those companies would think. How is it that so many intelligent people get sucked in. As far as results, here are mine since severing ties:
I lost wiegt
I am in a loving relationship
I am closer then ever with my family
My friends actually want to talk to me
I have a great career at a place I love.

Just some food for thought.

Posted by: Matali ()
Date: July 21, 2007 02:43AM

I tried to PM you the name of the company, but I'm not eligible to do that (I need to post 10 times before I can). I have no problems sharing everything I know, but I'd rather not come out and name names on a public board.

I will say that it is not a large company. They have a couple dozen employees at most. The organization doesn't just follow the tenets of Wright, but they are actually in a close working relationship.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 21, 2007 03:02AM

By enabling email on your profile people can email you directly.

Posted by: BTW ()
Date: July 23, 2007 10:09AM

I am still really jammed with work and I am trying to get everything written down so I can post it. I promise I will try to have everything written by Wed and posted.

And I also know one of the owners (VERY WELL) of one of the companies that is strongly connected to Bob and Judith. So well in fact that this owner writes HUGE (we are talking low six figures) checks to B&J when they need a little infusion of funds (which seems to happen a lot). This person also helps out with paying the taxes that B&J have.

Yes, a paris apt., a place in the islands, and lots and lots of Christie and Sotheby's catalouges (they do love fine find things).

Posted by: juiceweisr ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:02AM

thanks BTW....I am looking forward to reading more

Posted by: sy90out ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:30PM

I have a close family member who is heavily involved in the Wright Institute. She has become impossible to be around, as she constantly manipulates. There is no fun left in her personality, and all spontaneity is long gone. It's obvious that everything she says and does is calculated to fit certain patterns of thought. It is truly tragic to see what her "work" turns her into. And, when she returns from a weekend seminar, she is even more unbearable.

I used to be able to confide in her, but now I am accused of creating "drama triangles" and other things that I've never heard of before.

After her Womens Weekend, I was invited to attend the ceremony that they hold. I still want to support her, so I decided to attend despite my misgivings. It was horrifying and disgusting. Even though it was touted as "one of the most important events of the year" for the Wright Institute, Bob & Judith conveniently had to miss the "celebration." We sat through 3+ hours in a hot room, listening to each woman's "heart's desires" for each of their guests. Each guest was singled out to stand up as they were addressed and told what was expected of them from the person who invited them (all veiled as ideas for improvement). Later, when I expressed my dislike of having to stand up in front of everyone and be told something that should be part of a private, two-way conversation, I was told that I obviously needed the teachings of the Wright Institute to become a whole person.
It was also horrifying to see that at least one attendee was an exchange student who barely spoke English. Her host family was evidently very involved in the Wright Institute & they had her attend.
I honestly felt like I was the only one in the room not involved with the Wrights & it didn't feel good. There were a couple women who mentioned Fig??? "taking over the world", which raised a cheer from the room. And they are hell bent on spreading their culture to the entire corporate world.
I must not have been the only non-member though, because a "marketing director" got up after we'd endured the 3+ hours of torture and told us we could have a "free" One Decision weekend (for a $50 deposit). And, it was hard to get out of the door. I just wanted to eat, but it seemed that half the room was rushing me to find out what I thought. Then, they wanted my credit card number for the "free" weekend before I left.

Then there is the money issue. This family member is constantly asking for money for her "personal development work" & never offering to repay. But if I ask what happens at her weekends with the institute, the question is dodged. She even has even tried to pass it off as "for her employer."

Despite not knowing what the heck she does there, she often needs me to come up with "10 things I like about her" or some other request. Then if I don't reply within her timeline, which is usually a matter of an hour or two, I am "not supportive" of her attempts to become the most she can be. Doesn't matter if I'm out of town, or otherwise unable to get in touch with her. . .

Posted by: Skipper ()
Date: August 19, 2007 12:03AM

Hey BTW...still looking forward to your upcoming post. The more information that is out there, the better this forum will be. The truth about the Wright Institute needs to be told.

Posted by: Skipper ()
Date: August 19, 2007 12:06AM

I was glad to see your post. Can you elaborate on "fig" and "taking over the world"? That is VERY disturbing!!

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:42AM

**URGENT**
Hi everyone, I am a frequent poster on the Impact Trainings thread, a recovering LGAT victim and an ally in the fight against all LGATs.
I am writing this because one of my best friends is a photojournalist and is very interested in doing a story on "how (insert any LGAT here) ruined your life."
If an LGAT ruined your life, you would like a chance to be heard, and you are either in southern California or in northern Utah PLEASE PM me today or tommorrow. She needs to write up a proposal first and needs someone to do the story about, but the proposal is due in the next couple days. Please PM me if you have any questions, are interested or know someone who might be interested. Thanks so much![/size:cd77f18459]

Current Page: 3 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.