The Seedy Underbelly of Est
Posted by: StopLGATs ()
Date: November 19, 2019 12:51AM

A disturbing and thought provoking article about some of the things Est has led to rationalisation of.

In the case of this strip club that sent staff to Est, more or less turning people into pimps.

Perhaps what happened at NXIVM shouldn't be so much of a surprise.

[www.documentjournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Seedy Underbelly of Est
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: November 19, 2019 05:30AM

From the link posted by StopLGATs:

"Toloui is of the latter group. She explains, 'They would break you down then build you back up again with all of these ideas about how to manipulate others and how to get your way and succeed in life. Everyone who worked in management had to go through that training so they used that bullshit on us to manipulate the dancers. It was really infuriating. This is a big part of why the dancers rebelled and unionized.' "

Yep. That's all they do. They role-played that in the seminars, (a lot), in the context of getting people to an introduction. In the office, you could hear them bragging about how they had manipulated someone on the phone into signing up for a course.

They get worse after they do the ILP. I remember my recruiter saying that she was going to "cause" her ex-husband. She didn't say what she was going to cause, just that she was going to "cause" him. From what i later gathered, it was just more Landmark b.s. jargon, with "cause" being a euphemism for coercion/manipulation. And with the rationalization that anything she "caused" him to do was "for his own good."

So - she was able to rationalize her own bad behavior to get what she wanted. That seemed to me to be the whole point of their vocabulary and re-defining of words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 05:31AM by kdag.

Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: November 19, 2019 06:03PM

Interesting find!

The 'rationalization' factor in 'est' and other LGAT's is WHY I am following the Epstein matter and following it as a hybrid form of group dynamics training.

With Epstein, we have the multi-level marketing dimension, with a female 'coach' training the girls to recruit their counterparts. There is also the steady dehumanization of existing 'slaves' via escalation of demands, the sheer monotony of the demands, and the administration of emotion numbing, XANAX.

Also, the MLM dimension was operant among the 'john's', with academics and others recruiting among their ranks.

I believe Frank Parlatto stated that Raniere had modeled NXIVM after 'est', in part.

It would be very interesting to learn if 'est' was trialed in other sex trade organizations in the 70's, or later.

Bakkagirl

Posted by: StopLGATs ()
Date: November 19, 2019 09:38PM

Bakkagirl wrote: "It would be very interesting to learn if 'est' was trialed in other sex trade organizations in the 70's, or later."

It's also probably worth bearing in mind that, as we know, Est didn't happen in a vacuum.

We could probably distill it all down to just being about thought control, manipulation and subjugation. This probably applies whether it's cults, LGATs, totalitarian states, many workplaces - anything that entails dehumanising activity and control.

I wouldn't be surprised if things like Nazi and Communist propaganda / thought reform concepts made their way into Est. I would speculate we could possibly trace that back through Scientology to the CIA experiments (MK Ultra, grooming double agents) to Operation Paperclip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 09:39PM by StopLGATs.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2019 03:19AM

Please don't post links to Wikileaks and conspiracy theories here. It's not helpful and Wikileaks is not a reliable source.

Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: November 20, 2019 06:16AM

The document I posted was a 'DECLASSIFIED' U.S. State Department:

TRANSCRIPT OF THAT PART OF THE NOON PRESS BRIEFING DEALING WITH GUYANA, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 1978
Date:
1978 November 30, 00:00 (Thursday)

Canonical ID:
1978STATE302484_d
Original Classification:
UNCLASSIFIED

I will locate another source for the document.

While we are on the topic of "conspiracy theories", can you please explain why parties attached to the anti-cult movement frequently attempt to diminish or obfuscate the involvement of Werner Erhard with the Esalen Institute? That involvement is well-documented in:

The Upstart Spring: Esalen and the Human Potential Movement: The First Twenty Years
by Walter Truett Anderson

and,

From the February 1979 issue (Harper's Magazine)

Spiritual obedience
The transcendental game of follow the leader
By Peter Marin

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2019 09:16PM

bakkagirl:

Please stay on topic. This thread is about EST not Jonestown.

No conspiracy theories posts here please.

It is widely known that Erhard drew from both Esalen and and Scientology as well as Heidegger to cobble together his philosophy that is downloaded through the Forum.

See [culteducation.com]

Also see [culteducation.com]

And see [culteducation.com]

The Cult Education Institute has made this information available through its database for many years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.