Gratitude Training and LGAT - CULTS
Posted by: Dr.A.Truth ()
Date: March 05, 2019 11:49AM

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I recently found this website and skimmed through many threads with criticisms of Gratitude Training and other LGATs.

As a person with first hand experience in Gratitude Training, I'd like to lend my own opinion to this forum. Over time, I will divulge some things I haven't seen mentioned yet on this forum.

Firstly, I want to say - I very much think Gratitude Training is a Cult.

I say this with anger and embarrassment- as I did things with trainers and other enrollees that I now find distasteful and appalling.

I'd like to start with a summary.

Primarily- Gratitude Training is an EXTREME Leftist, New Age Pyramid Scheme that believes it is saving the world, by convincing everyone who goes beyond Part One, that they are personally, the 'Source of ALL things'- GOD- AND if they should come to that realization,in this lifetime- they will be able to grant their every desire, by simply changing their 'beingness'.

Gratitude Training is an exercise and indoctrination into Justified Narcissism.

I will have deeper criticism on this, as this thread progresses, but let me start here. From my up-close, personal experience:

There is NOT ONE Owner, Manager, Trainer or Coach in the Gratitude Training organization whose life is even reasonably managed.

I saw deeply dysfunctional relationships, drug, sex and alcohol addiction, poverty and blatant deceit among the staff.

What I acknowledge them for, is their ability to camouflage themselves as learned and successful individuals- all while- deceiving people, lying to them, causing rifts in families and promoting an atmosphere where people relinquish their lives in order to promote the business.

I hope my words and further detail help many people avoid becoming mixed up with this propaganda machine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gratitude Training and LGAT - CULTS
Posted by: Dr.A.Truth ()
Date: March 18, 2019 08:42AM

I witnessed, in Gratitude Training and other LGATS, attendees growing a sickening obsession with themselves.

They were not only obsessed with their own passions and abilities, but they we're obsessed with every part of their lives. They share their sexual fantasies, perversions, child traumas, drug addictions and their darkest sick acts against others - as if they are proud.

LGATs make people into a sick new form of narcissist. Stupid people without any real accomplishments in life, are put in charge of other seeking people.

No one stops to ask who in the organization has ANY REAL accomplishments all. Not one, not Englesson - the owner. Not Francine or Chris or or Barry or Ray Blanchard.

They all make their money selling narcissism to other people. That way people can have their mind so screwed up- that they think, coming back and supporting the community is the one way they can get their power back. It's really the way to get validated for their egotism.

Narcissists NEED recognition! And the whole training is made to create attention and self absorption addicts.

Keep your children out of Gratitude Training, Lifespring and ANY LGAT.

Feel free to discuss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 08:48AM by Dr.A.Truth.

Posted by: sisoftrainee ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:34PM

Hello,

I am brand new here. I have a question. Is anyone familiar with Be You Trainings?
From what I can gather, they are very similar, or a spin off of Impact. This forum has been tremendously helpful with what I am currently going through with my youngest sister.
Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I need to know what to say or do to try to reverse her new “thinking” (if you could even call it that.)

Sisoftrainee

Posted by: Ilunga ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:25AM

I'm really hoping that I get a response on here..

I've been having quite a hard time with life in general over the last 6 months or so, and a good friend of mine told me about the Turning Point workshop offered at the Insight Training Centre/Centre of Light near Kyalami/Midrand, claiming that it would change my life and transform me for the better.

I attended the presentation evening with said friend not too long ago and it piqued my interest, so much so that I decided to sign myself up for the next workshop thinking "What's the worst that could happen and what do I have to lose?"

Suspicion and skepticism slowly crept into my mind over the last few days with regards to certain things about that evening, as well as the workshop and those who appear to run it in general:

#1. The location (if it's so hugely popular and attracts so many, why is it so out of the way?) and the room in which the workshop is held (why are there no/such small windows and why is there such a large stage setup?)
#2. Something about Royee's personality as he spoke to us that evening put me off.. I got the impression that he was being too 'facade-ish' or friendly for what it's worth, it could have just been me..
#3. The fact that very little to almost nothing is mentioned about what we would actually be doing in this workshop for more than 10 hours a day 5 days straight.. I later pressed my friend and her partner for some details, but neither of them would say much. All I heard about was the 'anger game' (whatever that is...), but I got the sense that some kind of agreement or something must have been in place prior to justify such secrecy amongst attendees?

All of this together raised a red flag after I gave it some thought, more so I'm not the kind of person to go head in first for anything unless I've done enough research to satisfy and convince myself beforehand.
Obviously the actual website for the Insight Training Centre yielded little and testimonials do nothing for me, same went for the Google Reviews which I found highly suspicious since the Centre received an overall rating of 5 stars from 49 people (not even the best restaurant in the country has a 5 star rating from Google Reviews or HelloPeter, someone somewhere was unhappy about something (no matter how arbitrary) and at some point!).
HelloPeter only yielded one review and a bad one at that, but the comments discredit it and seeing as it's just one review it's nowhere near enough to give the Centre an 'overall' bad rating, if that makes sense?

But then I stumbled across this forum and read through everything here while keeping another tab open to do additional research.. I'm shook to the core from what I've learned from some of you.
It appears that my suspicion and skepticism was justified and there is a dark side to this apparently miraculous workshop that changes everything in your life (including you) in just a matter of 5 days..

The only thing that's unfortunate here is the anonymity of those who have posted, since I am genuinely interested in pursuing this further and already got in touch with a psychologist that is well versed with cult and LGAT psychology.

Additional commentary and/or support in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Although many people have seemingly benefited from this, and other workshops on offer at the Centre, I'm particularly worried about those who were worse off afterwards and have no voice or place to go where the can publicly share their awful experiences for others to see!

As a last point, there is also a very long paper trail following Baruch, and to a lesser degree Royee (his son I think), that I'm not sure they are actually aware of. Turning Point is just a 're-branding'of sorts for similar workshops that have been undertaken by numerous organisations (and Baruch!) in the past which have become enshrouded with scandal and conspiracy; not to mention Quest, Inquest, EST, LandMark, etc. Most of the main people involved (also check Buster and Wendy Sefor) are linked to one another and in this country a lot of this kind of thing seems to come down to Pat Grove who, even though he is dead, may have been the starting point.

My research seems to indicate that this is much larger than we think it is..

Linda-Marie Miller with FHI.360.org was formerly with The Legacy Center in NC
Posted by: CultAlerter ()
Date: May 21, 2020 04:23AM

Linda-Marie Miller(AKA Linda-Marie Hubert)is currently with FHI360.org in Durham, NC.
I was married to Linda-Marie Hubert but we seperated after five years.
The FIRST BETRAYAL was that I found out that she had been having sex
during our engagement with someone who was a friend of ours, Steve
Hoppenbrouwer. This included anal sex.
Apparantly she was also running around with several other men giving,
anal sex, blow jobs, and vaginal sex.
The reason I found out was from his wife Genia Hoppenbrouwer who used
to run her mouth about it all the time, particularly when she was
drunk.
This did nothing to help our marriage.
And I had been warned by my boss, his wife, and other friends that
Linda-Marie was a "golddigger", a "dirtdobber", a "B"word and
a "C"word.
We divorced and many years passed. She married again and divorced
again while I remained single.
Then Linda-Marie Hubert calls me in 2002 and wants me to go to this
incredible personal growth and development center in Raleigh, North
Carolina where I could learn how to achieve all of my dreams.
BETRAYAL #2:
She badgered, coerced, and pressured me until I attended The Legacy
Center in Morrisville, North Carolina.
My life was destroyed as a result of attending this CULT as I had a
mental breakdown and lost everything.
I had become bipolar and manic and delusional due to the cult's
brainwashing, sleep deprivation, and other manipulative high pressure
training techniques.
I was in mental hospitals and incurred over $100,000 in debt.
She later threatened me if I ever said or wrote anything negative
about The Legacy Center.
Betrayal #3:
Linda-Marie Hubert also cheated me out of
$100,000 she had vowed to pay me when she received her inheritance of
$1,800,000.00 upon her grandmother's death in August 2006.
She even promised to pay me the money again after she actually had
received the inheritance.
Needless to say, she CHEATED me out of my money- she even had the
nerve to act like a phoney "pious" "so called" Christian.
I think the she may still be "praying" about the money that had been
PROMISED twice.
She would have made the Satan proud.
Not to mention her father, Buck Melton.
Last I heard Linda-Marie Hubert was working for C&S Wholesale Grocers in Greenville, South Carolina.
She was leading a life of luxery and acting like she was The Second
Coming Of Christ...
or would that be the Second Coming of the VIRGIN Mary?
...oh, by the way, she sued her second ex-husband for alimony and
child support after she had not bothered to work for four years.
...then she reported him to the Internal Revenue Service for $250,000
in back taxes.
So I hope ya'll feel better about your own betrayals 'cause my ex
wife is a SOCIOPATH.
They tell me that paybacks are a bitch...

PS they call her "Stinky" now cause she has irritable bowel syndrome

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.