Difference between Lifespring and Landmark??
Posted by: LuG ()
Date: March 11, 2006 04:18AM

I know they share the basic principles, but I would like to know if there is any specific difference between Landmark and Lifespring. I am researching on this topic, and that information would be useful.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 11, 2006 05:59AM

Basically they are the same type of large group awareness training (LGAT) program presented over a long weekend in a kind of seminar/intensive format.

See [www.culteducation.com]

And also [www.culteducation.com]

They both have the same basic structure, methods etc., but different people derived the profits and ran the companies.

Lifespring was apparently shut down through personal injury lawsuits, though it seems to have reincarnated as "The Legacy Center."

See [perso.wanadoo.fr]

There are many, many LGAT spin-offs of these groups run by graduates of their programs.

A psychologist Philip Cushman wrote a definitive paper on groups like Lifespring and Landmark, which he called "mass marathon training."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: March 12, 2006 01:10PM

Hi Lug,

I gave the attached link of a sociological and psychological study of Lifespring to my girlfriend who had done Landmark Forum and Advanced courses.
[www.culteducation.com]

She stated later to me, that 95% of this paper was representative of her Landmark courses. What is also interesting is that this paper was researched in 1983 while my g/f did her courses in 2003, 20 years later. So, in 20 years, 95% of the Landmark courses are representative of Lifespring.

Lifespring and most other LGATS were derived from Est, the forerunner of Landmark Education.

Oz

Posted by: james777 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 04:30AM

the basically Scientology without the obvious science fiction

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.