Werner Erhard's claim of godhead
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 06, 2006 09:40AM

I found the quote referred to in the Landmark and litigation thread online:

Erhard's heavenly aspirations may have reached their climax in the fall of 1977 when he appeared at a meeting of est seminar leaders at a beachside retreat near Monterey. Flushed with enthusiasm about the transforming power of doing Werner's work, some of the leaders asked Erhard where he placed himself on the spectrum of human transformation. Swept up in the fervor of the discussion, one of the seminar leaders got to his feet with a serious look on his face.
"The question in the room that nobody is asking," the man told Erhard solemnly, "is 'Are you the messiah?'"
The room grew silent as Erhard looked out to the curious faces of some of his most devoted disciples. After a few moments he replied, "No, I am who sent him." Undoubtedly, there were many in the room who were sure they had just witnessed the ultimate transformation of a man; Werner Erhard wanted them to believe he was on par with God.

from [i:7055476ba4]Outrageous Betrayal, The Dark Journey of Werner Erhard from est to Exile[/i:7055476ba4] by Steven Pressman, page 147.

Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: March 06, 2006 11:00AM

And he is coming back in 3 years...the second coming. Oh but what has he to do with LEC?.......

Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: March 06, 2006 06:25PM

looking for help
Oh but what has he to do with LEC?.......

LEC is an offshoot of EST. I'm sure that there is more information on this site, but a quick google turned this up: [skepdic.com]

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: March 07, 2006 03:50AM

Oh but what has he to do with LEC?.......

What can one say better than they have said for themselves:

"Werner Erhard, founder of the Hunger Project, recipient of the Gandhi Humanitarian Award (1988), and the creator of est and The Forum - two highly successful personal growth seminars

Now, since the Lekkos have invested some $$$ to perform a textual analysis of the writings on this um.... forum, maybe they would like to turn that analytic method back on their own writing....

and what DO we find ? One thing sticks out like a sore thumb in Landmark's web emissions... the consistent use of the passive voice, the language of things happening and no one taking personal responsibility, the voice of victimization, the voice of helplesness before the powers of fate.... just listen to the TONE of their writing, the persistant self pity it implies.... the WHINING behind it all....

Often misunderstood when first introduced, the notion of transformation has come to be seen...

.... Oh yeah baby..... "often MISUNDERSTOOD"....followed by "has come to be seen".... like, where's the OWNERSHIP of the situation here ?

is a classic example of a teacher who has been adversely portrayed in the media

Ah! A "CLASSIC" example..... sure, buddy, "classic" in what sense ? "Classic" lumps us together with whom, exactly ? Jesus ? Gandhi ? Mandela ?.... or maybe Jimmy Swaggart ? No ? not like Jimmy Swaggart ? Lafeyette Ronald Hubbard ? He is a good classic example, righto ?

In order to provide an opportunity for the ongoing availability of the work of transformation

Can these people speak simple declarative English ? Is everything turned into this overcooked rubber chicken bureaucratese ? Could they swallow their bile for a second and talk straight into the camera...

As In: "in order to keep the business from tanking"

Annnnd, Grand Finale...

She stated that she had been offered $2 million dollars in book royalties by a San Jose Mercury News reporter to lie about her father in the media.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm, but excuse me..... DID she take the $2 million ? What were the specifics of the deal ? Lie how ?, about what ?, in what way ? Did a reporter walk up to her and say, "tell us a bunch of lies, talk into this microphone and make up anything that comes into your head until we have a book's worth, and we'll publish it ?"

Now, the corker... the big question, Le Elephant in the middle of the living room..... WHAT could POSSIBLY motivate Jack WernerHans Rosenberg Erhard's daughter to KNOWINGLY sit down with Ed Bradley, even if the situation wasn't as she characterized it ?.... WHO else, in anyone's living experience, has gone before national broadcast media, the known premier news show, and make a statement like that ? What relationships would exist between his family members for this to happen ? Are they saying that Scientology infiltrated the Erhard-Rosenberg family and collectively hypnotized them ? Explain please.

Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: March 10, 2006 01:52AM

I was being facetious when I said "but what does he have to do with LEC".......That's what the lekkies say they try to act like he has nothing to do with the Forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.