Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmark conference calls?
Posted by: grub ()
Date: February 24, 2006 05:00AM

I was recently asked about Landmark by a friend of a friend. To make things easy we'll call him "Bob". Bob has an aquaintence who's a Landmarker. The Landmarker has been using the usual inane jargon to sell the group. Our mutual friend pointed Bob my way.

An interesting development recently occured. The Landmark devotee and a "real" Landmarker (not sure if s/he is actually a paid employee) had a conference call with several other potential converts. "Bob" wasn't impressed and he thinks the others weren't either.

My question is simple: is this a localized development or is it a new strategy from Landmark's mother-ship?

G

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: February 24, 2006 11:10AM

The conference calls are a big thing. When my loved one first started talking about them I thought it was business (she actually works for them) then i realized they read bs to each other. You cannot miss the calll for ANYTHING!!! It is really weird and disturbing. It is a way to make sure the LEKKIES stay with the program. A way to always keep control.

Date: February 24, 2006 11:58AM

looking for help
The conference calls are a big thing. When my loved one first started talking about them I thought it was business (she actually works for them) then i realized they read bs to each other. You cannot miss the calll for ANYTHING!!! It is really weird and disturbing. It is a way to make sure the LEKKIES stay with the program. A way to always keep control.

Very interesting, thank you!

Funny that I don't recall hearing of this angle of recruitment when I've been exposed to Landmark's garbage for so many years.

G

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: February 24, 2006 12:57PM

In terms of the business conference calls are common, I have never heard of them being used for introducing people to the landmark forum.

I know once i was on staff I had conference calls every day

Date: February 24, 2006 09:09PM

sonnie_dee
In terms of the business conference calls are common, I have never heard of them being used for introducing people to the landmark forum.

I know once i was on staff I had conference calls every day

This was a sales-pitch call with 2 Landmarkers; a new "glowing newbie" and (I think) the person who indoctrinated that one. They were pushing the jargon on a few potentials.

Date: February 24, 2006 10:58PM

[quote="grubThis was a sales-pitch call with 2 Landmarkers; a new "glowing newbie" and (I think) the person who indoctrinated that one. They were pushing the jargon on a few potentials.[/quote]

Yeah thats what they do. They are talking to new people. Several, at least two, gang up on the newbie. I thought it had something to do with work, but then I found the sheets. Wish I could've copied them.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 25, 2006 12:01AM

Probably for the same reason Mormon missionaries and Jehovah Witnesses go out proselytizing in pairs.

Ellen

Date: February 25, 2006 02:03AM

Maybe I need to clarify what I meant, yes landmark do call "potentials" the people in the introduction leader programme do this as it is one of their requirements to become an introduction leader, but I have never heard of it being done as a conference call with more then one person.

Yes they do have pre-written calls for this purpose but again usually it is just a normal one to one phone call.

Date: February 25, 2006 02:13AM

Well, they are "conferencing" now and my loved one has been doing it for several years. And again...NOTHING is allowed to interfere with this.

Date: February 25, 2006 09:46AM

It would be interesting to find out if this is a "centre" based initiative or world wide and whether or not it has the ok from the top

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.