Current Page: 2 of 4
Mankind Project a/k/a New warrior Cult Scam & Lies
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 09, 2006 07:21AM

undecided
mind you, I am not convinced that this is always and in all cases a harmful group - I have a friend involved with it and he says it made positive changes in his life, and his friend, not an MKPer, says he only knows of people with positive outcomes

I am considering the training and seaching for facts, which are hard to gleen from the polar opposites of the for and against

Undecided - You are right - it is not the worst, but it is still a LGAT, it still breaks your identity down and rebuilds it as someone else wants it rebuilt. Please read their weekend program on the other thread and speak to me and others here before deciding!

Gestalt and Jungian psychological experiments should not be undertaken by untrained people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 09, 2006 07:33AM

RU?ing
undecided
mind you, I am not convinced that this is always and in all cases a harmful group - I have a friend involved with it and he says it made positive changes in his life, and his friend, not an MKPer, says he only knows of people with positive outcomes

I am considering the training and seaching for facts, which are hard to gleen from the polar opposites of the for and against

Undecided - You are right - it is not the worst, but it is still a LGAT, it still breaks your identity down and rebuilds it as someone else wants it rebuilt. Please read their weekend program on the other thread and speak to me and others here before deciding!

Gestalt and Jungian psychological experiments should not be undertaken by untrained people.

For sure, RU?ing has listed so much information on this. What great tools to have!
At least you can see what they dont tell you first!

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: April 27, 2006 06:45AM

Hi, my husband just went to one of these this past weekend. I have become worried with all the "secrecy" and would like to have more information about this group if possible. Married 20 years. Thank You

Ivy
what2do
Ivy, I posted on another MKP thread. Could you please help me with any information you have. I am trying to get my H to not stay involved with this group.

Well, there is a lot, first let me ask how long has he been at this? And how long have you been married? For me it's been 17 years and seem like a lot of these guy are at a crossroads with who they are and need the support of other people blowing smoke up there but to make them feel better! But every time my husband would come home he had a bad attitude, and since he has not gone, he is totally be different. This is because they discuss personal thing in the group and instead if say a guy has an argument with their wife there lesson is to go they this who shadow image thing and mirror thing and say this like ex. your husband says (I hate my wife, she make me feel unappreciated) the group will respond with, Yeah, (f#@! that Bit$#) LIKE THIS IS HELPFUL? they follow up by saying but you love her! I don't think rehashing problems makes is healthy! But if you email me I can send you all the Warrior document ext.
Have you seen any of his lesson group plan laying around? They try to hide this stuff! My thing was, if I am your wife, then there is nothing to hide unless your doing something wrong, right?

Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 27, 2006 07:23AM

ginah
Hi, my husband just went to one of these this past weekend. I have become worried with all the "secrecy" and would like to have more information about this group if possible. Married 20 years. Thank You

Hi Ginah

If you pm me your email I will email all the documents I possess. They should dispell all 'secrets'.

You will not be happy, that I can assure you. If you read a few of these threads - you may have already - you will get a good idea. Ivy, what2do and myself have pretty much all the info available on this LGAT.

I recommend you read up on landmark on this forum and website to get an idea how a more polished act does it.

I'm always happy to answer any questions. I haven't done the weekend myself, but have analysed their little weekend protocol document.

Date: April 27, 2006 07:33AM

Hi, I can't do a pm, sorry, I found this board and it seems to be about the only one out there with information.
Thank You!

RU?ing
ginah

Hi Ginah

If you pm me your email I will email all the documents I possess. They should dispell all 'secrets'.

You will not be happy, that I can assure you. If you read a few of these threads - you may have already - you will get a good idea. Ivy, what2do and myself have pretty much all the info available on this LGAT.

I recommend you read up on landmark on this forum and website to get an idea how a more polished act does it.

I'm always happy to answer any questions. I haven't done the weekend myself, but have analysed their little weekend protocol document.

Posted by: what2do ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:19PM

Ginah, just curious, what made you start checking up on MKP? It seems most wives buy the crap they dish out, and think it is wonderful.

How did your husband get involved with MKP. My husband was in a 12 step group and was recruited by his sponsor. That seems to happen quite often.

What is your husband's opinion on his weekend, or has he not told you anything?

I started investigating the weekend he was gone. It took me quite a while to discover very much, but I did. Your intuition is good to lead you to check this group of whacko's out.

Read all of the threads on this forum about MKP. Some of it will be very eye opening for you.

Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:36AM

Hello Ginah, I started questioning things on the tribal rituals!
This is about all my guy would share, and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered why is he so interest now, I mean after all he didn't even go with me to the Indian convention.
Then he would go to the I groups and never talk about them, and I was like "Well what did you do there?"" And he would say "Talked about things and how they teach you to be accountable". Although he pretty much skirted the issue, so I started to search! If it weren't the men on these boards shearing their experiences no matter how humiliating they man seem, us girls would be left in the "Shadows" so they say! Thanks guys!

I think is takes a more of a man to share these personal things with your wife and a coward to keep them secrete!

You will be shocked to read some of the training and what goes on. My first reaction was I just shook, I had a desprite feeling of betrayal!
And anger because now I new so many of the secretes! Which made thing even shader! I wonder how and why these guys felt it was ok, to keep things from the most important people in your life!

Have you confronted him yet? Have your ammo ready!

Also, I am wondering why did your husband feel after 20 years of marriage, the need to joined?

Seems, to me a lot of the guys are at a cross roads? Or questioning their faith, having money or marital problems.

I hope you find these post informative! Welcome aboard, IVY!

Date: April 28, 2006 12:45AM

Hi, the whole thing happened so fast that I was not even worried at first and was even excited that my husband would have something that was "his" and that would be beneficial for him. We met someone at an event that was a drum circle and he was invited. What started my worries was the fact that my husband drove our new "used" car about 300 miles to get to where the meetings were. He promised to call me when he got there to let me know that the vehicle made it there safely. He left on a Friday noon, he never called, I didn't know anything until he got home about 2am on Sunday night. We had a mild argument over this, and then this continual, I can't tell you that to almost every question I asked. Only that he could tell me how he "felt". I was so frustrated. I started thinking, what kind of group that is supposed to be healthy for a family would do this to a family, make the men feel as if they have to keep "secrets" from their spouse? And yes, I understand that sometimes, men need groups that they "hang" with, that they don't tell much to their spouse, I understand that, but not to every single question. What kind of "integrity" is that? Which is what he kept saying, I have to keep my integrity and not speak about this weekend. I was feeling as if I was being asked to "throw away" my integrity and allow this kind of "secret" into our 20 year relationship. I was very afraid for him and for us. And then he started trying to talk me into going to a "weekend retreat". NNNOOOO I said. So, I started researching, coming up with nothing, except their websites which of course is all about how good they are. I also started calling my state agencies and realizing, they are not listed as a business, or non profit or or or. AND that a link from firstgov.gov listed them as an LGAT. This made me nervous, I do have the understanding that some LGAT's can be beneficial, but, one with no info about them anywhere, no nonprofit listings, no business licenses, and the fact that they wanted my husband to "pledge" money's to them and give them money on a continual basis, I felt these people were playing with fire. Then I found this site, and, here I am. And my husband was "VERY" gungho about the weekend.

what2do
Ginah, just curious, what made you start checking up on MKP? It seems most wives buy the crap they dish out, and think it is wonderful.

How did your husband get involved with MKP. My husband was in a 12 step group and was recruited by his sponsor. That seems to happen quite often.

What is your husband's opinion on his weekend, or has he not told you anything?

I started investigating the weekend he was gone. It took me quite a while to discover very much, but I did. Your intuition is good to lead you to check this group of whacko's out.

Read all of the threads on this forum about MKP. Some of it will be very eye opening for you.

Date: April 28, 2006 12:51AM

I think is takes a more of a man to share these personal things with your wife and a coward to keep them secrete!

I agree with this statement. Yes, we have talked but not in detail as to what happend or what went on, I am still researching and we will see where we get. He seems to be kind of "waking up" from his weekend experience.

Ivy
This is about all my guy would share, and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered why is he so interest now, I mean after all he didn't even go with me to the Indian convention.
Then he would go to the I groups and never talk about them, and I was like "Well what did you do there?"" And he would say "Talked about things and how they teach you to be accountable". Although he pretty much skirted the issue, so I started to search! If it weren't the men on these boards shearing their experiences no matter how humiliating they man seem, us girls would be left in the "Shadows" so they say! Thanks guys!

You will be shocked to read some of the training and what goes on. My first reaction was I just shook, I had a desprite feeling of betrayal!
And anger because now I new so many of the secretes! Which made thing even shader! I wonder how and why these guys felt it was ok, to keep things from the most important people in your life!

Also, I am wondering why did your husband feel after 20 years of marriage, the need to joined?

Seems, to me a lot of the guys are at a cross roads? Or questioning their faith, having money or marital problems.

Date: April 28, 2006 12:55AM

Oh, you were wondering why my husband felt the "need" for a group. I beleive that most men feel the need to connect with their "fellow man", I understand this. I also understand that some lgat's can be beneficial if used with the proper training by proper groups. I also don't feel the need to know "every little single thing" that my husband does. But I do feel the need to know the important stuff. In answer to your question, my husband's dad passed away, and my husband has been very sad over this.

Ivy

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.