Re: Query for anyone with experience in an LGAT-based organisation
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: July 16, 2018 12:32AM

corboy,

I worked in legal services for many years, and can tell you that if a dastardly act can be done, there are people out there who will find a way to do it.

I will pose another scenario for you. Let's suppose a CEO is working with a 'coach' and that coach has won his/her trust, and over time.

And, lets imagine that, that CEO is at his/her wits end, owing to a certain business challenge.

People who are undergoing extraordinary stress say extraordinary things...they may be filled with self-doubt, they may be beating themselves up for trivial mistakes made, or personal indiscretions, could be anything/everything. And, remember, these folks are extremely isolated within their own organizations, have few people they can confide in. C-level roles are EXTREMELY LONELY.

And, there sits the trusted coach.

Let's consider a new rule, that being that anytime, any participant, in any quasi-therapeutic group is pressured to divulge personal information, that person leaves the venue and reports this to the police. That report should include the names of all parties in leadership roles at the 'event,' paid and volunteer.

What say you?

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: July 16, 2018 05:48AM

Corboy, the scenario in your last post is IDENTICAL to what happened to me, with only one difference.

I had not posted what had happened to me on social media. I HAD spoken to my Landmark recruiter about it, in confidence. Before speaking of it, even to her, I had asked her for an iron-clad promise that she would speak of it to no one. This was before she got into Landmark. Later, people at Landmark started using this information. Gee, I wonder where they got that.

Interesting that you would mention social media. When I was in Landmark, I wasn't on social media. People at Landmark kept nagging me to open up a Facebook account, (just to keep in touch, ya know?).

Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: July 16, 2018 07:41AM

Well, you have both answered my question even though you did not touch on the corporate world.

I still wonder what is the psychological 'glue' in these guru'less cults. I am guessing that the glue is the group dynamic.

In my own case, I can say I have seen significant changes in the personalities of colleagues who participated in "coach training" with certain entities.

I would describe this as their becoming un-principled, and grandiose.

Their manner and behavior says, "I know a secret, and you don't", "my experience gives me the right to pontificate about things I know nothing about".

I can't say I have ever seen positive changes.

bakkagirl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.