Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Query for anyone with experience in an LGAT-based organisation
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: July 14, 2018 01:32PM

My question is:

Do you think a 'coach' trained in the context of program that utilizes LGAT technologies could be trusted to maintain his/her client's confidentiality.

How likely do you think it would be that this information, what was confided in coaching conversations would be shared inappropriately.

bakkagirl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Query for anyone with experience in an LGAT-based organisation
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: July 14, 2018 04:28PM

I have no experience in the coaching world. My experience was strictly with Landmark.

Although they extract promises from the participants that they will not share what they heard from others in the training, it seemed to me that they themselves were very free with information about participants, and engaged in gossip amongst themselves. Also, they made use of information that participants had NOT shared with them, but that had been obtained in other ways, (for example, the participant might have confided things to their recruiter BEFORE doing the program, and that material was also "fair game").

Here is a post from someone who was in another LGAT - Gratitude Training, where that also seemed to be the case:

[forum.culteducation.com]

If anyone in the coaching world is operating as they do in LGATs, I would not trust them with ANYTHING.

Date: July 14, 2018 08:15PM

The coaching 'contract', written or tacit is dependent on confidentiality. We assure our clients that what is said in the coaching relationship can only be shared with their permission.

My biggest concern, since becoming aware of the linkages between LGAT groups and the executive coaching world relates to conflicts of interest coaches may experience. Would the kind of group loyalty that LGAT generates cause coaches who are working externally to share information that would/could advance the business or other interests of the group, or network.

This concerns me greatly.

Date: July 14, 2018 09:33PM

Thinking about this a little more, a person who has been inducted into a cult, is thinking cultically, would ALWAYS place the interests of insiders above those of outsiders.

This is WHY it is so dangerous when cults like NIXVM develop 'executive development' programs, or programs that penetrate into other organizations.

There would be NO BOUNDARIES, whatsoever.

Always, too, these things are dressed up in the loftiest values. Very well-intentioned people are taken in by these 'values'. They conceal another agenda, which is 'totalitarian'...as some Landmark survivors have observed.

Date: July 14, 2018 10:37PM

bakkagirl wrote:

"Would the kind of group loyalty that LGAT generates cause coaches who are working externally to share information that would/could advance the business or other interests of the group, or network."

Absolutely. My recruiter, who was an R.N., and considered herself a shaman, (equivalent to clergy), betrayed my confidences. She was a loyal friend, until her loyalty shifted to Landmark. She obviously put more weight on that.

"There would be NO BOUNDARIES, whatsoever.

Always, too, these things are dressed up in the loftiest values. Very well-intentioned people are taken in by these 'values'. They conceal another agenda, which is 'totalitarian'...as some Landmark survivors have observed."

EXACTLY.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 15, 2018 04:43AM

Here is Corboy's opinion, protected by the First Amendment of the United States of America:

No, anyone processed through and LGAT who is loyal to that LGAT cannot be trusted.

They've been weaponized. Their DOS has been corrupted by malware - LGAT malware.

As for confidentiality, let us not forget that apart from what we disclose on
registration documents, we can be researched via our use of social media.

Are you on Linked In? Facebook? Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat?

You may have written something on Facebook indicating trauma in your life.

Or a major purchase such as a car or house - and who you associate with.

Do you have a blog or website?

Has your name appeared in published articles?

Have you given your real name when participating in online discussions?

Online discussions range from Tripadvisor to Yelp, to book reviews on Amazon, comments on blogs, Quora, news articles anything that is searchable.

Your name and activities may be in legal documents that are online and news articles, too.

This is why an anonymous message board such as this one is so important.

Date: July 15, 2018 05:31AM

Yes, what corboy wrote, and never forget that most people are recruited by friends, acquaintances and family members, even people they met in 12-step groups. They already have plenty of info on you, just from that.

It seemed to me as if their former code of ethics has been wiped clean, and replaced by the LGAT's own corrupt "code of ethics." It is really more like an "honor among thieves," but these people have actually been convinced that their actions are "ethical," according to an allegedly more evolved perspective than the general population.

Date: July 15, 2018 08:58AM

Thank you corboy, and rdag,

You are both responding to this question as first persons, and I get that MEMBERS confidentiality is not protected.

What I am talking about, though, are these people operating as 'coaches' in corporations, in NPO's, in government, in all the places coaches work.

THIS IS MY CONCERN.

Date: July 15, 2018 09:22AM

I mean't "kdag" in last response, light is poor where I am working.

Question: if they have been weaponized, who/what are they serving? No real guru figure...at least that I am aware of.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 15, 2018 11:29PM

(Protected by the First Amendment of the United States of America)

Here is a scenario to worry about.

I piously hope this has never happened and never will happen.

There are many reports that in LGAT seminars, subjects are encouraged
even pressured to divulge intimate details of their lives.

Here is something Corboy hopes will never happen.

Suppose you trustfully sign up for an LGAT.

You have written on social media how a beloved parent died. Or your lover dumped
you and you're really torn up.

In the course of the LGAT, you are pushed to talk about intimate details of your life.

Suppose you do NOT want to mention your bereavement.

You are exercising your human right to keep things to yourself until you
decide you feel safe. You do not feel safe in the LGAT setting.

Sure, you have mentioned
it on social media. Like many of us, you assume social media is just you and your friends.

We are biased to FORGET that social media is searchable by anyone unless we take
detailed precautions -- something not easy to do as lots of social media platforms are not set up to assist us to protect our own privacy.

Suppose this fictional LGAT has researched you and found your social media discussions where you are grieving about your loss and getting condolences.

So whoever is running this fictional LGAT knows that you have suffered a loss,
you've mentioned it on a social media platform.

But you are NOT mentioning it during this particular LGAT.

So they know you are holding something back.

Now (cough) we can only hope (rolling eyes heavenward) that LGAT personnel
will never, ever push us to reveal they know we have mentioned
on social media but have not chosen to disclose during the LGAT sessions.

We can only hope.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.