International Coach Federation -- Thought Experiment
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: June 15, 2018 06:07PM

I was looking at the stated history of the ICF.

[coachfederation.org]

And, specifically, this:

1995: Thomas Leonard, with support of others, founds the International Coach Federation (ICF) in the United States for the purpose of having a space for all coaches to support one another and help grow the profession.

1996: A president is appointed and a board of directors is established. The first issue of ICF Coaching News is sent to more than 400 subscribers. The first ICF Chapter is established and by May there are more than 60 chapters worldwide.

In that I have found it rather challenging to form and solidify practice groups, and especially so when they involve 'new' methodologies being introduced across culture...

Well, I am just staggered that one could establish 60 chapters of an organization in five months...truly staggered!!!

So, I am thinking that the Landmark global network was somehow employed to identify parties who would be interested in shouldering the substantial work, necessary to form a chapter...or, maybe the chapters were formed inside Landmark entities, globally.

If anyone knows any history related to this...the specific timing -- much appreciated!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.