Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
LGAT buzzwords and Christian Churches
Date: February 12, 2006 02:39AM

Hi,

For a while i have been wondering why many of the new types of christian 'community' churches were using phrases such as 'being authentic', 'community', and others, in there spiels in advertising/marketing material.
I am a christian, and i have visited a couple of larger churches and listened to the preaching with such words thrown into language....
"We're about being authentic!" (what does that mean?)
Is it possible that LGAT popularity/phrases tend to drain across into other groups such as churches? Also, would i be correct to find christians participating in these seminars?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: February 12, 2006 08:53AM

Alot of christians do take part in Landmark Education. I know I did and I was silly enough to believe what they said about it not being against my beliefs but the reality is that is you take on everything Landmark says then it is most definitly against the christian belief system

Probably the most relevant example would be the empty and meaningly. Landmark has a session where it talks about how everything is empty and meaningless yet the christian belief teaches that god made us anything but empty and meaningless

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: February 13, 2006 12:14AM

yes, very strange indeed. but remember its all about money.

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: February 13, 2006 10:27PM

orangeperuviscacha
would i be correct to find christians participating in these seminars?
Yes. Abosolutely yes. There are a lot of Christiams, and those of other faiths there. I think the appeal is mysticism / esotericism. These elements are present to some degree in Christianity, and they are certainly present in LGAT philosophy. I saw my ex-gf get caught up in that, and ignore the inconsistency with her faith. If whatever emptiness in their soul which they seek to fill is not met in their faith or Church, they look elsewhere, and I think LGATs are very appealing to them. But as others have said here, it is a siren call that lures them in, sells them the satisfaction they want, and holds them captive. Christians, and those of other faiths, are not immune to being fooled.

-lightwolf

Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: February 14, 2006 12:06AM

However the LE Philosophy is totally contradictory to Christianity. It is more about New Age Mysticism. They try and say they are in line with Christian thinking but the deeper you get in the more you find this is definitly not something someone with a true Christian faith would want to get involved in. If she is a Christian you might try and point out how Landmarks teaching contradicts her faith. If she isn't in too deep, and you make her think about the contradictions, this might pull her out.

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: February 14, 2006 12:46AM

looking for help
However the LE Philosophy is totally contradictory to Christianity. It is more about New Age Mysticism.
I could not agree more. What you say affirms what I have seen and have done. She's in way deep. I have shown her the contradictions. She just doesn't want to hear. She sees them as totally compatible, if not complimentary. The New Age Mysticism looks sooooo good . . . , but it's the oldest lie in the book.

A devotional I read said this in one of it's daily readings:

"There must be a sense of need before your message is of any use."

She's full, and satisfied eating at Landmark's banquet table. My choices were to become a co-dependent enabler of her feasting, or move on and hope that someday she will realize it doesn't satisfy. I chose B. Not that I liked it -- it tore me up (and still does) to let go and realize she didn't want to see anything other than her new reality. But I wasn't going to give them me on top of it.

-lightwolf

Date: February 14, 2006 03:40AM

its amazing to actually read how people have to give
up those they care about because of the cults.

while the government and most everybody else just
turns their heads , looking the other way.

this is not a united country. only in a united country
do people look out for each other.

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: February 14, 2006 05:43AM

patrick-darcy
its amazing to actually read how people have to give
up those they care about because of the cults.

while the government and most everybody else just
turns their heads , looking the other way.

this is not a united country. only in a united country
do people look out for each other.

In all seriousness, patrick-darcy, if you were a congressman and you wanted to write a bill for a law that would protect people,
what would you write in the law so that the government stops a group like Landmark, but using the same law does not force the
government to stop the fundamentalist church down the corner telling children that an invisible all powerful being hears their every thought and if they believe the wrong thing that they will
be punished for eternity, and the one and only way to be SAVED from this doom is to stick with the church?
Do you think it's possible to write a law that would stop Landmark but not stop the fundamentalist church down the corner? What words would you put in the law, exactly? It's real political problem.

Date: February 14, 2006 06:39AM

yes, i see your point. where do u draw the line.

maybe the government could put out a few commercials
that warn people to be careful and that there are
unscrupulous groups out there waiting to take
their minds and their money.

that would be a start.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 14, 2006 07:29AM

I think there is something unlawful about stealing minds and lives. Stealing material possessions is against the law. Why is it OK to deceptively reprogram (steal) minds? Something seems terribly, terribly wrong with all of this. MIND CONTROL is a known thing. I think society needs to clearly identify what constitutes mind control in order to do something about it! [i:ddb08bd270]Not[/i:ddb08bd270] doing something doesn't seem like the right course of action.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.