Psychotic-like state after training
Posted by: Noncompliant94 ()
Date: March 30, 2018 07:56AM

After I completed my LGAT, I experienced a state that is hard to find words to describe. I was in a constant state of panic and terror for about a week. I was afraid to be alone in a room, I couldn't sleep with the lights off, I would jump/startle at the slightest noise, and I could not stop crying. I was wondering whether anyone else experienced something similar or might have an explanation for this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Psychotic-like state after training
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: March 30, 2018 02:58PM

Noncompliant,

I can't say that it effected me in exactly the same way, but I certainly noticed what I considered to be changes in my mood, and possibly my nervous system. I felt, (still feel), numb.

It has been noted, in several other threads, that LGATS training targets the body, and certain areas of the brain. From my experience, I believe it. The thread about the room set-up has more details.

Also, the threads about amygdala hijack might shed some light on the depression that you mentioned elsewhere. Anhedonia seems to be a possible after-effect.

I didn't "pop," until I had been in the program for over a year. For me, it was an unpleasant experience. I felt extremely violated, and also very vulnerable. I immediately cut off communication with anyone from the program until I had stabilized. Shortly thereafter, I left the program for good.

I will see if I can find the threads that I have mentioned, and paste links.

I hope you feel better soon.

Date: March 30, 2018 03:09PM

I don't know if these will help, but they seem to touch on some of the same things. There are many other similar discussions, but I'm not sure of key words to search for.

forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,4952,page=1

forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,118626,134946#msg-134946

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: March 30, 2018 03:12PM

The above links did not paste exactly right, but here's the first one again. They WILL work if you copy and paste in search bar.

forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,4952,page=1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.