Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
mankind project...cult?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: May 05, 2006 04:08AM

midonov123
Personnaly, I don't trust any of this LGAT nonsense. And I doubt very much about your new self being emotionally stable and well balanced.

I agree with midonov123. Based on my own experience of seeking and attempting to acquire a brand new "self" the LGAT way, what I [i:49baae6d20]thought[/i:49baae6d20] I had attained turned out to be nuthin' more than a slick illusion. It took some hard-hitting [b:49baae6d20]real life [/b:49baae6d20]to make a crack in the illusion and when I started to see through the illusion, I was quite shocked and also shaken to the core. The pseudo self esteem started dissolving, and confusion set in. What I need now is to [b:49baae6d20]recover[/b:49baae6d20] from the [b:49baae6d20]LGAT LIE[/b:49baae6d20].

Options: ReplyQuote
mankind project...cult?
Posted by: cccoveguy ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:57AM

midonov123
Personnaly, I don't trust any of this LGAT nonsense. And I doubt very much about your new self being emotionally stable and well balanced.
That's kind of mean... who are you to validate/invalidate his experience?

Skeptic,

Based on my own experience of seeking and attempting to acquire a brand new "self"...
What made you think you needed a new self?

...the LGAT way
What led you to MKP, i.e., what made you think MKP would provide a solution?

...when I started to see through the illusion...
What was the illusion? I mean, you imply that post-MKP you were seeing life in a particular way that one day was no longer useful for you. I'm curious as to what this "illusion" is.

What I need now is to [b:597b87e0dc]recover[/b:597b87e0dc] from the [b:597b87e0dc]LGAT LIE[/b:597b87e0dc].
If I understand you correctly, since you are using the term recovery, then MKP created some sort of dependency? Is this the illusion you are referring to, only being able to understand and react to life's situations "the MKP way"?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: rorybowman ()
Date: January 09, 2007 12:48PM

rrmoderator
Would you also explain, given what is known about MP now through this thread, why it should not be considered group therapy?

And why would someone seek help in their life from MP rather than a more safe and conventional approach through a licensed professional?

Other than the initial weekend training and initial follow-up, I suspect that most folks who attend groups such as MKP are doing so because that is where they have found people like themselves who support them and speak to their concerns. Much as the feminist groups of the 1970's or various "recovery" groups that use the twelve-step model, it would seem that discussing issues with peers is useful and helpful. Certainly such discussions would be nicely augmented with help from a qualified and licensed professional, but that kind of help is relatively expensive for many people. I suspect that most people who attend such "peer counseling" groups would welcome professional therapy as well, just as physical fitness enthusiasts would appreciate specific sessions with private trainers, chiropractors and massage therapists.

I certainly don't think it is an either/or proposition, and I would love it if everyone could get all the support and care they want from every source.

Is conventional therapy safer and more beneficial than the informal support of peer groups or friends? For some people, I suspect not. Note the success of Alcoholics Anonymous as compared to or combined with classical dependency counseling.

Everyone has different preferences, needs and ability to pay.

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: January 09, 2007 02:20PM

Hi cccoveguy,

Re "seeking a new self" I was referring to self-improvement/personal growth.

MKP is not the LGAT I was recruited into. I was speaking about LGATs in general. What led me to an LGAT was a friend whose assignment in course #3 was to recruit as many people as she could. I'm sorry to say that, in part, I attended due to heavy pressure from my friend, and also from the LGAT's paid recruiter who spent many hours on the phone with me. Knowing what I know now, that is an unmistakable red flag. Back then, it [i:2f9986c888]did[/i:2f9986c888] strike me as odd. Why was the recruiter soooooooo interested in my attending a course that would improve my life? Didn't add up.

The illusion I was under was that I had greatly improved myself. I thought I had acquired the perfect blueprint by which to live my life. I had all the answers. I was new & improved! I was enlightened. Etc.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the trickery and the deception and I don't feel able to write about it very well. There are excellent descriptions on this board and there are books that detail the specifics of the tactics used to re-program minds.

By "recovery" I mean the process of deeply examining the scam, coming to understand it, sorting things out, discarding the indoctrination (which can be tricky). I am trying to come to terms with the money I wasted and the fact that I was betrayed and exploited for six years. The LGAT was not what it appeared, and I didn't start to realize it until some ugly things happened in my life, things that started pulling me out of the LGAT trance.

I hope I've cleared a few things up for you. I'm still in the process of doing so for myself.

skeptic

Re: mankind project...cult?
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:48AM

sure it does, and the mk group targets those who are at a crossroads. forward 6 years later. Are you still married?

Date: January 23, 2012 01:23AM

that question was to dscat, the answer is nooooo
see what keeping secrets does? I wonder if you are still involved with this? How about your x.
Im sorry for your loss, but this group WW>aka MKP allows to much space for a spouce to have a seperate private life. The secrete, secret text, lies, trust, creates distance in a relationship. It works for a while if BOTH are in. Womens weekend......
But time will tell......
I say run..............

Date: January 23, 2012 01:39AM

what2do
My H attended Weekend Warriors last December. His 12 step sponsor insisted he needed to go, and would not take no for an answer. While he was gone that weekend, I started searching for info on them. Most of what I got was from their own websites. I found some stuff on blogs that really upset me.

When he came home, he was pretty quiet. Said he did not want to go to the I-group until he had some questions answered from his sponsor. He did say he felt he got some good stuff out of that weekend, but he was upset by some other stuff.

I showed him what I discovered. Food deprivation, sleep deprivation, intimidation, nudity, maybe some sexual abuse, sensory overload from beating drums, isolation from family, etc. I had discovered this is a form of brainwashing. He agreed with me this all went on.

He has not gone back. He received many phone calls from this group asking him why. His sponsor is continuing to put pressure on him to continue. His sponsor knows I am very opposed to continued involvement and this would cause problems in our marriage. He still continues to put the pressure on my H.

My H is starting to say things like "maybe I need this group". This scares me.

Ivy, you posted you had other information on their agenda. Could you please let me know. I have read of numerous marriages failing after involvement in this group. Even my H was surprised at this statistic. However, he says the marriages were probably alread doomed. Just a coincidence.

I need something to wake my H up. Please help.

Thats the problem, they start hounding you as to why you left.... If you tell them your honest reason.... say I heard it was a cult, because my wife (who life was heading down the wrong road really fast with the help of the WW/mkp)

Well guess what you were sooooo threatened that you actuall had to come here and try to prove me wrong? Then cause more problem, by letting my husband know Im here!
I came here to the Rick Ross board because he is the closest thing to professional help that you can get! He is on I.D. history channels. And I trust him, more that you.....I have a letter from him personally..... Maybe you should stay here and learn something.......... Keep spending your money, both of you have quite a bit.....You came here to seek me out, I dont care...... Right Dave (Dscat) tuscany.... and Tim batdorf...... If your so sure of yourself, why are you here?????

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.