Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: I've been made "complete"
Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: October 10, 2017 08:37PM

It is truly insidious. I constantly get disgusted at the nature of this organisation and what it does to people.

Well done you kdag (Corboy,GloriaG et al)for taking the no doubt difficult road to recovery and for turning into a positive by helping others. Your bravery is commendable.

I am very lucky to have supportive peollr around me whom I have kept informed of what’s going on and have relayed all of the advice I have received from here. Being informed certainly has helped me recover and know what I have to do to stay strong and away from him. I actually had to drive passed his car today on my way home from work (it was unavoidable as he holds a conference every other Tuesday in a building on the same road that leads to my home). It incited a sadness for my lost friend but nothing I couldn’t handle.

I am still having to completely let go but at least I’m getting there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 10, 2017 09:28PM

I don’t see how he will get out. Maybe he won’t, maybe he is using it to fill a hole he couldn’t fill. Maybe the delusion and fake sense of fulfilment will satisfy his need to belong and feel revered when in reality it is destroying his inner soul. It is so sad. I hope for his sake and his children’s sake, he finds his way out at some point. The fact that he has had Landmark facilitated across the organisation where he works is going to make leaving doubly hard - if at all possible. He’d have to change jobs as well as deprogram and I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:34AM

Throughmyeyes,

That's very good news, in my opinion, that you were able to drive past his car without falling apart. It sounds like you are healing with your sense of self still intact. Bravo!

There's no telling when or if he will ever get out. Even if he walks away, he will still have what someone else I used to post with called "fleas," until he addresses them with a professional. In other words, he may still hang onto many of the tendencies, thought patterns, and traits for a long time. I still have "fleas," and I try to rid myself of them whenever I notice myself thinking in circles over a situation, using L.E. logic. It drives me half nuts, sometimes.

Congrats again on your progress. You are sounding strong!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:44AM

Education is the key to overcoming whatever residual effects may linger after large group awareness training (LGAT).

See [cultsinsideout.com]

This book has two chapters specifically about LGATs. Others about cultic manipulation. One you understand the techniques you can much more easily unravel the effects.

Date: October 11, 2017 03:48AM

Thank you, rrmoderator,

I have your book. It is great. I will look at those parts again.

Date: October 11, 2017 06:28AM

Thanks Kdag,

I’m getting there - I still have my moments but at least now I can pull them in.

Ironically his message last week has seemed to help me move on - it made me realise how far gone he is. All the support on here plus my friends who have some understanding themselves have made me realise I can’t do a thing about it. He has no ability to rationalise anymore and nor does he want to. For some reason he sort out Landmark to fix whatever he felt was broken. As Corboy previously said, he is now radioactive. With my history, I can’t go anywhere near him until he has had years of professionally recognised counselling to unravel the damage.

Kdag make sure you stay kind to yourself and when those “fleas” pop up, remember without fuel - they have a very limited life span. (I think I might need to apply that little analogy to my own thought patterns at times too by the sounds of things:)

I too want to see Landmark exposed. An organisation that is aware it’s methodologies can and do cause others harm should not be allowed to operate, let a lone be rolled out across any business/organisation enrolling its employees.

Rrmoderator - I agree, Education is definitely the key. Thank you. Without this site I’d probably still be on the floor in foetal position questioning my own sanity wondering what on earth just happened....

Date: October 11, 2017 12:13PM

rrmoderator,

I understand what you are saying about the manipulative interactions, the thinking patterns, and the philosophy.
How we can recognize what they are doing, and what they did, and avoid it in the future.

I have also seen some things written about neurological effects. Is there any way to repair that, or do you not believe that those effects actually occur?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 11, 2017 07:46PM

I am not aware of any research published in a peer reviewed journal that has reported any neurological effects.

That would be something to discuss with a medical doctor.

Anything else would be speculation without any basis in credible research.

Posted by: GloriaG ()
Date: October 15, 2017 06:39AM

Good to know that you're feeling much stronger now Throughmyeeyes.

This is a great place to find out what is really going on. It helped me a lot, simply reading through all the threads on here too.

Date: October 15, 2017 07:51AM

Thanks GloriaG,

I still have my moments and am in counselling with an accredited psychologist which helps significantly. The information and support I gained from here has made me realise I can’t help him and that I need to protect myself. My psych is able to help me with the psychogical abuse ie the gaslighting and abandonment and deciphering things that happened, so the two have worked very well together in helping me.

On an almost daily basis I still identify where he applied landmark principals or concepts on me or other sectors of his life which directly impacted our relationship. I can recall the time he winced when I mentioned you don’t treat people whom you’ve known for 26 years like this. Lots of little things like that pop up which really confused me at the time. I can see now he has been indoctrinated since the forum in April, so April - August our relationship had become toxic and damaging to me. I feel quite used actually but I know that isn’t a reflection on me.

Education is definitely the key in recovering. I try to read a lot of the other threads to put bits and piece together if I can. It’s pretty horrible what Landmark (and othe groups) do to people. It seems Landmark induces/supports unconscious living and life is too short for that.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.