Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Desensitization in LGATs
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: January 29, 2006 11:58PM

Some insiders refer to him in reverent whispers as "the Founder" or "the ~Source.~" I don't think there is any doubt he is still considered the "spiritual" chief or is still pulling the strings from the Cayman Islands.

Oh I remember the Acknowledgement Of Source ritual quite clearly... the trainer positively glowed with saintly understanding as we, the great unwashed, unenlightened, untransformed, one by one rose to his or her feet to "share"... I would also like to acknowledge Werner as Source !

Source ? WTF ? You mean like my faucet is a source of water ? Or did they say Sores, like boils, zits, and scabs, that I mistook for Source ? perception can be funny like that.

Whatever... the Werner IS Source was sort of the great final explanation of everything, like, you know man, the dude is if not God his actual self he is like, you know, a close metaphysical parallel, man... can you like, fully GET the awesome totality of that mind blowing concept ?

Uhhhhh, no.

Werner being Source and all that and also manifesting on the Erf Plane as a human, a humble mortal man just like sensitive kindly Jesus, so he has human needs and requirements, but like he's also a Zen Master too, so when he's being a massive jerk, that's his divinely inspired Zen Master side, GOT IT ??? GOT IT ????

But see, you are all assholes, you wore your watches to the training when we told you not to, you are not transformed, you don't get it, see, we are more on your side than you are, GOT IT ???

Werner, glowing godlike zen master werner, puffing on his cigars, storming around the stage with incoherent rantings that looked so incredibly stupid on primetime television, Werner is IMPECCABLE, everything he does or says has a deeper, hidden, TRANSFORMATIONAL meaning....

You didn't get it ? The light didn't turn on in your head ? You're not one of us ? You don't have what it takes ? You life doesn't work ? We're dissapointed with you, we really are, we expected more, and here you are, such a loser, running you rackets, we see right through you, you should get off it right now....

Because, this is different here, this is a breakthru, your old thinking doesn't apply, your reasoning skills are what's holding you back, resisting us is resisting your transformation, because what we're about is THE CONTEXT OF CONTEXTS !!!!!!

Wow. The context of contexts ? That's..... profound. What does it mean though ? Don't worry, it will all be clear to you by the end of the class, we'' deal with that question later, we don't have time to handle that right now, how does that question "foreward the process" , when you ask these troubling question see how the whole room goes into Swirl ? Swirl ? What's swirl ? Look we've really got to move on, we've got a lot of things to cover here...

Options: ReplyQuote
Desensitization in LGATs
Posted by: Wright_Again ()
Date: January 30, 2006 02:34AM

Oh I remember the Acknowledgement Of Source ritual quite clearly... the trainer positively glowed with saintly understanding as we, the great unwashed, unenlightened, untransformed, one by one rose to his or her feet to "share"... I would also like to acknowledge Werner as Source !

Source ? WTF ? You mean like my faucet is a source of water ? Or did they say Sores, like boils, zits, and scabs, that I mistook for Source ? perception can be funny like that.

Whatever... the Werner IS Source was sort of the great final explanation of everything, like, you know man, the dude is if not God his actual self he is like, you know, a close metaphysical parallel, man... can you like, fully GET the awesome totality of that mind blowing concept ?

Uhhhhh, no.

LOL...keep 'em coming. I find a bit of levity is sorely needed around here.

Desensitization in LGATs
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: January 30, 2006 09:55AM

nutrino, you say it sooooo well! Love reading your posts!!!!

Desensitization in LGATs
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 01, 2006 09:54AM

nutrino

One of the warnings that is given to practitioners of ritual magick is that if they do their cermonial acts precisely right they will gain tremendous power over the WILL (make note of that idea) of other people, however, if they don't do them right, the force they unleash will gain tremendous power over them.

mrrrm, not exactly.

western traditional magic doesn't really go into the control of others using sex magic. you could perhaps use the sexual act as the charge behind a magic rite with a particular intention which done, as you said, often at an astrologically determined time and with as much care put into detail as possible.

the basic problem and challenge of magic in the western tradition (and in particular Crowleyan magick) comes down to putting down the ego and exalting the will and often by communing with your Holy Guardian Angel*, the self which transcends the self. (this classically involved a year-long retreat in which you withdrew first partially and then totally from the world in order to effect this communion.)

according to this theory, communion with part of you that transencds the ego can help alleviate the danger of ego inflation, where lusts, delusions, distortions can swarm in and made you, essentially, a spiritual steroid case, the kind of person whose universe revolves around their egoistic needs.

this has a lot of analogies to any transformative experience, whether taking psychedelics or going through LGAT. if you don't recognize the dangers you either have a low degree of concern and care or low degree of knowledge, or both.

if you don't go into the kind of person who can handle it, enlightenment can make you worse off than before. you may or may not even realize it.

Wouldn't it be ironic if all this time Jack Rosenberg has been possessed by a disembodied psychic force that calls itself Werner Erhard that got into him because he messed up his incantations ?

it doesn't really involve messed up incantations, it has more to do with the internal architecture of the person doing the magic.

in my opinion, Erhard did experience ego inflation. as do many graduates of est and Landmark. the blind leading the blind here.

* -- Wikipedia has an article on this, which concentrates mostly on the HGA in Crowley's theory

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.