Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Identifying a group using mind control/brainwashing
Posted by: zeroland ()
Date: January 31, 2006 12:34AM

Hhmm, she probably would. I see her every week at a class we both attend. Do you have a copy of the video? I thought you were the one saying that it would be expensive to get a copy of the video? I won't see her again until Saturday. Or if it's a big rush I could get her phone number (I'm a friend of the teacher) before that. I have access to the internet from work, @ 8:30-4:00, weekdays. So figure that in as far as me responding to your messages. But I bet she'd be willing to help out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:13AM

joe6
In discussing why Landmark is allowed to continue, the best example we have of a success in stopping it is what happened in France.
I watched the documentary that was mentioned on another thread:
[board.culteducation.com]

My French is not that great, but they focussed on a new French law for controlling cults.
Almost every sentence was asking if Landmark is a "secte" because if it is, the law would apply.
In the end, it was the way the "secte" abused the volunteer workers rights that got them.

Mr. Ross, I certainly would donate a good chunk to the project if Ross Institute would
sponsor translating the France 3 documentary to English and making it available. It would help me understand better.
I even think it could help someone like Kate to understand how she lost her sister to an LGAT.
Have you considered sponsoring a translation of this documentary?

Just a comment to rectify a few things. Landmark was not banned in France because it was identified as a cult or "secte". Actually, there is an anti-cult law in France called the About-Picard law, but to my knowledge, it has never been used yet. The ABout --Picard law makes it illegal to use what was defined as "sujétion psychologique" that I would translate as "psychologic suggestion" or maybe simply "undue influence" toward people who are vulnerable. The About-Picard law was reformulated a number of times and somewhat diluted because of intense pressure from religious groups.

In France, it is the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Justice that closed down Landmark, essentially because Landmark was making a profitable usage of unpaid workers (volunteers), and this is illegal in France. The whole issue if it is a cult or not is still being debated (despite the 1995 Parlimentary report that has sinced been revised) since there is no clear cut definition about what a cult is, but the important thing is that Landmark was shut down anyway.

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: January 31, 2006 04:34AM

zeroland
Hhmm, she probably would. I see her every week at a class we both attend. Do you have a copy of the video? I thought you were the one saying that it would be expensive to get a copy of the video? I won't see her again until Saturday. Or if it's a big rush I could get her phone number (I'm a friend of the teacher) before that. I have access to the internet from work, @ 8:30-4:00, weekdays. So figure that in as far as me responding to your messages. But I bet she'd be willing to help out.
Great. I already have the file. I'll try to send you a private message to sort out the details.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.