Sterling Womens Weekend/ Family of Women
Posted by: speakable truth ()
Date: December 04, 2011 06:10AM

This weekend, beginnning 12/2/11 is another Justin Sterling "Sterling Womens Weekend" in Newburgh, NY.
Does anyone know of any attendees/ "graduates", and their aftermath?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sterling Womens Weekend/ Family of Women
Posted by: seeking1978 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:59AM

Maybe no one attended? Wishful thinking.
Having learned what I have so far about Sterling and his offshoot groups I am convinced they are designed to drive and keep a wedge between men and women for the sole purpose of perpetuating participation.
Thanks for what you have previously shared Speakable.

Date: January 13, 2013 09:05PM

The individual who contributed about differences in the prior topic of MDI and Family of Women tries to make a point. When reading his post you can hear how important MDI is to him. He invested so much time and energy in it. I feel bad for him and hope that one day he can see the light... However, to follow his thinking for a bit, let's say that the groups have truly split apart. To use a baseball analogy. in both leagues, there is an Eastern Disvision and a Western Division and more recently a Central Division. The rules however are still in preponderance the same and there is but only one Baseball commissioner, or leader. With MDI, as for Family of Women, there are more divisions, still there is but one infamous leader, Justin Sterling. Without his misguided messages/ mantra's, misogynistic, manipulative, money making cruel schemes (I could go on...) neither group would exist today or would ever have existed.
And, more and more men and women are falling for this bull.... every day.

Posted by: Skepticalman ()
Date: January 14, 2013 12:26PM

Speakable,
I like your baseball league analogy, it fits well. I also agree the man you refer to has invested much in time and effort. I would not hold much hope he will ever come to any realization that he has been wrong. He has been in too long, in too deep and who knows may be getting a piece of the pie.
Let us stay positive that these type of groups are on the downslope. I say this because SIR has lowered its fee for the weekend significantly from previous years. Also they have gone to considerable effort on their webiste to defend against " misconceptions" about SIR and their weekends.
Hang in there.

Date: January 15, 2013 06:54AM

I hope that you are right.
Unfortunately it seems to me that as long as there are people out there searching or grasping for help and they have friends or associates that are the "true believers" of SIR, and those type of groups that the new recruits will keep lining up and continue to be taken advantage of. And, the cycle goes on....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.