French video on Landmark?
Posted by: grub ()
Date: January 20, 2006 07:10AM

Hi,

I'm downloading a video entitled "Pièces À Conviction - Secte Landmark Education" off eMule. My French is [b:468343b2d9]very[/b:468343b2d9] rusty. Has anyone seen this or can anyone tell me what it's about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: January 20, 2006 09:05AM

grub
Hi,

I'm downloading a video entitled "Pièces À Conviction - Secte Landmark Education" off eMule. My French is [b:a76ecc4647]very[/b:a76ecc4647] rusty. Has anyone seen this or can anyone tell me what it's about?

Yes, I've seen it last year. It's the France-3 documentary that was intrumental in kicking out Landmark from the French territory. A must see!!!

It's available using e-mule from this site:

[www.prevensectes.com]

The companion article to this documentary was published in Le Nouvel Observateur (same website) and has been translated by Gulab Jamon and it's available on one of our forum (good work GJ !):

[board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: grub ()
Date: January 20, 2006 09:33AM

midonov123
Yes, I've seen it last year. It's the France-3 documentary that was intrumental in kicking out Landmark from the French territory. A must see!!!

It's available using e-mule from this site:

[www.prevensectes.com]

Yes, that's the exact file I'm downloading.

Here is the
eMule link
for anyone interested (you'll need to install eMule first) I have the file set for high priority for others who are interested. It's ~700 MB. If you download this, please leave it uploading as well.

midonov123
The companion article to this documentary was published in Le Nouvel Observateur (same website) and has been translated by Gulab Jamon and it's available on one of our forum (good work GJ !):

[board.culteducation.com]

Thank you! My French is terribly rusty, I can read it well enough but native speakers going at full speed lose me.

Posted by: KateLH ()
Date: February 02, 2006 06:42PM

Thank you to midonov123 for the reference to Gulab Jamon's translation. Thank you so much Gulab Jamon for your patience re the translation - I found it very useful.

All the material on this board has been very useful and I have sent key parts to my parents. They are just so angry at Turning Point (Landmark clone) as it caused the senseless loss of their daughter/my sister.

Landmark is just so pervasive even in Australia. I told my boss how the Turning Point course was like Landmark and he was under pressure from family members to do Landmark - has second thoughts now.

My hairdresser left her previous salon in part because a condition of employment was to do Landmark.

I wish what happened in France would happen everywhere but risk is they just pop up under another name.

Date: February 02, 2006 08:32PM

having read that document about signing a form absolving them from any possible psychological damage, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would proceed beyond this point.

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: February 02, 2006 09:14PM

orangeperuviscacha
having read that document about signing a form absolving them from any possible psychological damage, i cannot for the life of me see why anyone would proceed beyond this point.

I think nobody really believes one can get psychological damage from attending a simple 3 days seminar. We think we are strong and that our brain is solid. It is not.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: February 02, 2006 11:56PM

Those who will not learn from history are condemned to repeat it- Santayana

Maybe it's time for out collective mind to remember the Zimbardo Experiment... which was terminated after 6 days because of the psychological effects on the participants...

[www.prisonexp.org]

and in zimbardo, the participants knew from the beginning that they would be playing "prisoners and guards", so the cards were on the table from the beginning.

It also looks like the human craving for family will permit almost any form of mental distortion... if anyone still cares to remember the Manson family ?

One might imagine that the French have an extra layer of caution about being told what to do by superior races of Spiritual Aryans after the Nazi occupation ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.