Current Page: 19 of 28
Getting back my life and thoughts after LGAT/ Landmark
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: June 16, 2007 03:49AM

elena

You're probably referring to this one:

Evaluating a Large Group Awareness Training: A Longitudinal Study of Psychosocial Effects, J.D. Fisher, R. C. Silver, J. M. Chinsky, B. Goff and Y. Klar, , Published by Springer-Verlag, October 1990, ISBN 0-387-97320-6.

[www.answers.com]

this is a great article! No positive, no negative effects. Only further recruits for Landmark ( I don't know any of the other LGAT trainings and whether recruting is such a big thing there)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: June 23, 2007 10:00PM

I was just contemplating the fact that this thread has been viewed over 20000 times. What would be interesting to know is if anybody nows that it has made a difference, ie somebody not taking the forum, someone inside has "seen the light" and got out....

It would boost my ego but foremost it would make me happy.

Best regards,
nettie

Date: June 24, 2007 12:11AM

pragmatist
I got that. What's your reason for being here then?

on page 8 pragmatist asked me why I am here.

I am here at this forum because I did learn good things during my time
with Landmark (4 years) but I also was used by Landmark to fill their pockets under the disguise that that was the only way to keep the good stuff.

I want to sort out the good from the bad. But the bad part is so much larger than the good so it takes some thinking to get it straight.

Let me point out a few good things I learn;

- to speak in public (learn in the ILP)
- how to really listen to people
- how to keep promises (that was also used against me when I had agreed to some Landmark activity that I really didn't have time for)
- how to let people be as they are without judging them (but the would be really ok only if they then signed up for the Forum)

I could go on and on about good things being turned against you for the sake of Landmark's gain. It is just sickening :oops:

Date: June 24, 2007 12:43AM

...that is shiny and red and when you get to the core it is brown and rotten?

That is how I would best describe Landmark Education Corporation.

Whatever they will do to transform their company it will always be like that bright, shiny apple until they take away the mindcontrol stuff and the enrollment part of the courses. And a few other things... hm ...quite a lot to ask for...

I still think I learned good thing during my time at Landmark. But I also learned a few not too good things...

Hmmm... why did God make life so complicated :shock:

Date: June 24, 2007 02:41AM

[board.culteducation.com]

This thread opened up my eyes to what goes on during the forum regarding trance induced mind control.

Please read it. I hadn't thought about that before.

I was definitely one of those that snapped during the weekend and became a landmarkcloned individual. I did the Advanced course about 2 weeks after the forum and was recruited to the leadership program during that course before I knew what hit me.

During a share on the closing tuesday night of the advanded course I was so outrageous so my brother who I had invited as a guest signed up without hesitation to do the forum. His girlfriend did the forum and the girlfriends daughter also did the forum.

Without me knowing or caring I had made mor business for Landmark and I was happy about it. At least I should have had some dollars into my own pocket.

Oh my :?

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: June 24, 2007 02:53AM

Nettie, stop blaming yourself for this. This is what these groups do, and they do it very effectively. They pray on the good will of others, thereby drawing in more people just to take their money. You are not to blame. They used you like they used everyone else.

Forgive yourself.

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: June 24, 2007 05:06AM

Steve989
Nettie, stop blaming yourself for this. This is what these groups do, and they do it very effectively. They pray on the good will of others, thereby drawing in more people just to take their money. You are not to blame. They used you like they used everyone else.

Forgive yourself.

I second that. Forgive yourself.

And for what it's worth, let me say: without this very thread i wouldn't have started mine and I'd have still all that pain inside my head. Thank you - and all the others of course :D

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 24, 2007 05:21AM

Yes, and I second what Maurice said. Forgive yourself - your motives were good.

When I first came to the board this is one of the first threads I read and it really helped me a lot, as did Maurice's thread.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 24, 2007 05:55AM

Here is the first rule of the con:

"Use the mark against himself."

That's how they do it. They couldn't convince a bad person that it was important to ~keep your agreements~ or maintain your integrity. They use what's best about good people and then twist it into their own agenda. The sociopaths who designed and who lead groups like Landmark just laugh at this stuff. They know if they've hooked you with this, you're of use to them and will show up to work for them. They need dependable, reliable worker-bees to put on their seminars. If you are burdened with a conscience, you are just fodder for these jerks and they will never, ever lose a moment's sleep over exploiting you. It's the good people who torment themselves over having been involved in the abusive programs and causing harm to themselves and others.

Ellen

Date: June 24, 2007 06:24AM

Thanks for your sympathy and your care.

I think that I already have forgiven myself - I know I was used by them. :evil:

I wonder what inner boundary you must cross to go all the way to the top and become a forum leader. :?

Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.