Current Page: 10 of 28
Getting back my life and thoughts after LGAT/ Landmark
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: March 20, 2007 10:44AM

MercurialMere
After that whole experience, it would be very hard for me to trust another therapist entirely.

Same here. I have made several attempts at therapy to get past the cult experience. One of the attempts (re-evaluation counseling) I now learn derives from scientology. Two other group therapists talk/ed (one current, one past) the new-age stuff, e.g. energy flows where attention goes. When I hear that crap, I feel very alienated in the "therapy", even pissed off. I agree that this crap seems to have seeped into many, many minds, seriously contaminating how people think. It is scary. It really is like a virus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: March 20, 2007 02:49PM

Thursday, 03/15/07
Web libel cases increasing locally
Posting says man misbehaved at parties
By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
Staff Writer

[www.tennessean.com]

Landmark Education, which describes itself as "a leader and innovator in the field of training and development," sued Rick Ross over statements on his Web site challenging the organization's legitimacy, and his refusal to post Landmark's response. But Landmark dropped its case after a New Jersey appeals court ruled that a Web site operator was not liable for anonymous postings on a site.

They got their facts wrong, but at least they wrote that Landmark had to drop the case...

Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: March 20, 2007 09:26PM

skeptic
MercurialMere
After that whole experience, it would be very hard for me to trust another therapist entirely.

Same here. I have made several attempts at therapy to get past the cult experience. One of the attempts (re-evaluation counseling) I now learn derives from scientology. Two other group therapists talk/ed (one current, one past) the new-age stuff, e.g. energy flows where attention goes. When I hear that crap, I feel very alienated in the "therapy", even pissed off. I agree that this crap seems to have seeped into many, many minds, seriously contaminating how people think. It is scary. It really is like a virus.

This is like my search for healing with tantra. This is supposed to be thousands of years old. But everywhere I look the workshops, seminars and courses are all contaminated from the teachings of that love cult sex pervert Bhagwam or Rajneesh or Osho or whatever. His teachings are also like a virus that's seeped everywhere and believe me his followers adore the guy despite the fact that he promoted sex with minors, free love, violent therapy, etc.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:01AM

It appears to be normal practice these days... the formula is take the appearance or vocabulary of an ancient tradition, a tradtion grounded in the reality of a culture that has nothing to do with a modern industrial-technological culture... preferably one that requires colored robes, or mesmerizing cosmologies, or a wonderous palette of new "distinctions"... and oh, these distinctions... you poor naive beast.. you aren't qualified to "get" these distinctinctions until you've um... err... "gotten the getting of the it of the getting of what you've gotten" ... so let's suppose you're mentating hard about something you dearly want... something not too damn hard for the universe to manifest.. I mean, seriously, if the universe can do black holes, galactic clusters, gravity waves, and awesome macro productions, down to the teensiest strings.. the teensiest of them all being Stephen Hawking's notorious G-String obseved on a beach at Monte Carlo... how freakin' hard would manifesting a half decent spouse be ? So there you are, "what the hell is wrong with me ? OOOm BaBa OOOm BaBa OOOM... where do you find a good man in a dump like this" ? And your helpful therapist is suggesting, according to the Eternal Precepts of the Lemon Yellow One that you are not "being the possibility of the opening of the getting of the it of the opening of the possibility of the itness of gettingness of the beingness of the possibilityness"... Dumb Ass, You...

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 21, 2007 08:45AM

LOL nutrino! :lol:

what isn't funny is in the beliefs of those selling and teaching this trash; they all believe that people are gullible enough to buy into this crap and more often than not, they are correct. When it isn't gullibility, its the "if I don't know anything about it or where it came from, it must be something 'new', therefore, it must work", logic which is profoundly flawed and irresponsible in practice. Its easy to get caught up in this way of thought and almost impossible to recover from, a 'wounding' which then becomes the golden meal ticket for all the new agey scambagging culty lawyer wielding perverted snakeoil peddling self-appointed sages and wannabe [i:f981524d21]mystic[/i:f981524d21] gurus in the world today.

And your helpful therapist is suggesting, according to the Eternal Precepts of the Lemon Yellow One that you are not "being the possibility of the opening of the getting of the it of the opening of the possibility of the itness of gettingness of the beingness of the possibilityness"... Dumb Ass, You...

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: March 22, 2007 04:58AM

I just want to give another example of the deeply rooted teachings of Landmark ... one of my Landmark friends told me yesterday that a forum leader tought them "Your own barriers keep you from getting what you want in your life" ...
Mind-blowing isn't it? ... :shock: :lol: what a deeeeeeeeeep insight

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 22, 2007 10:00AM

"Your own barriers keep you from getting what you want in your life" ...
Mind-blowing isn't it? ... what a deeeeeeeeeep insight

...truly and utterly profound... :) and that leader would've spent thousands of dollars in courses, travel, and 'homework' party money, and who knows how many weeks or months of precious life, and taken tons of verbal and emotional abuse during the 'learning process', just to acquire that golden bit of 'cutting edge' technology...

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: April 24, 2007 08:38PM

I read in Maurice's thread Landmark Forum revisited (inspired by me :-) ) that one of the things that makes it hard for people to get out of Landmark's clutches is that you are taught during the Forum to "hate" your old self. That is very much to the point. How do you relate to your old self when you know it is full of sh-t? It becomes a big dilemma even if you know what you learned during the forum is bull - they have indoctrinated you to believe that your old self is nothing but a machine running its winning formula/racket.

So when leaving Landmark you have an identity that is split in two; your pre self and your landmark self. You're going to have to sort through this dilemma to get back your sense of an integrated self.

Posted by: white eagle ()
Date: April 24, 2007 11:39PM

need to talk with someone about how landmark has her in their slimey grasp. she's very confused.
white eagle

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 25, 2007 02:06AM

Current Page: 10 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.