Current Page: 3 of 28
Getting back my life and thoughts after LGAT/ Landmark
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: January 19, 2006 09:37PM

I read recently (forgot which post) that Landmark makes a disctintion (in the usual sense) between RECRUITING and ENROLLING. What is it? To me it's like "walking in one direction" and "taking a few steps in one direction". It means the same thing to normal people.

Whenever I tried to emphasize to my ex that she was trying to recruit, she said it was "enrolling" not "recruiting". I still dont get it. Can somebody please explain? Why is the word "recruiting" banned from their vocabulary? "Enrolling" requires "recruiting" first doesn't it?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sgali ()
Date: January 19, 2006 10:55PM

Hey All,
I just found this site and am glad for it. I am registered for the Forum starting tomorrow but after reading the material on this site, I am not planning to attend. The friend that I was going with is ill with the flu and fortunately unable to go. I will certainly share this info with her and perhaps she will reconsider as well.
Thank you all so much for your willingness to share your experiences.
Any advice on getting Landmarks off my back would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted by: ezdoesit ()
Date: January 19, 2006 11:59PM

Sgali
Hey All,
I just found this site and am glad for it. I am registered for the Forum starting tomorrow but after reading the material on this site, I am not planning to attend. The friend that I was going with is ill with the flu and fortunately unable to go. I will certainly share this info with her and perhaps she will reconsider as well.
Thank you all so much for your willingness to share your experiences.
Any advice on getting Landmarks off my back would be appreciated.
Thanks

Be firm with them. Do not equivocate or they will attempt to find out why you are declining and work on that "issue." Be prepared for an all-out attempt to lure you in. They can be very persuasive. That's their business. You may have to be very persistant to get your money back. They may ask personal, intrusive questions. They are searching for a way to make you feel both vulnerable and hopeful at the same time. They will also use your friend or any other friends you have who have gone to get you to join.

Good luck,

EZ

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:04AM

Yes - Be very persistent about getting a refund, even the "nonrefundable" portion. I did and received ALL my money back.

Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: January 20, 2006 01:10AM

nettie

[b:13161cf864]A SEQUENCE OF EVENTS[/b:13161cf864]

- Center manager apporaches you and says he has a wonderful opportunity for you. He really sees you as a leader and would like to ask you if you are interested in a CONVERSATION FOR POSSIBILITY. You might feel flattered that the center mangager thinks so highly of you. So you say yes.

- you complain to the center manager that you don't feel good. You are tired all the time and your private project is just failing because you have no time to engage in that. You might even get fired from your job because you are coming in late, you are not focused on your job, you worry constantly how to fill the team.

Nettie, thank you for that post. That is exactly why I finally quit the TMLP ... :D I thought I was alone with this impression. No interest at all in my private and professional projects ... They are dangerous.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: January 20, 2006 02:57AM

midonov123
I read recently (forgot which post) that Landmark makes a disctintion (in the usual sense) between RECRUITING and ENROLLING. What is it? To me it's like "walking in one direction" and "taking a few steps in one direction". It means the same thing to normal people.

Whenever I tried to emphasize to my ex that she was trying to recruit, she said it was "enrolling" not "recruiting". I still dont get it. Can somebody please explain? Why is the word "recruiting" banned from their vocabulary? "Enrolling" requires "recruiting" first doesn't it?

Thanks.

I guess the word RECRUITING has the nuance of military enrollment in it. They don't want to be thought of as an army. But maybe that is what they are. An army doing Werner Erhards work. An army of working bees. When will Werner return and liberate us from all this hard work?

THE WISDOM COURSE

This course was developed by one forum leader to have some touchy-feely course that the hard working bees could take. It was not supposed that people that were not the really core bees should take this course. They should have done a lot of courses and recruiting before being accepted to the course. Why? Because it is pure bull. You spend your time making scrapbooks and posters with clippings from magazines. Your are supposed to find out about art and beauty - music and what not. I hated that course - you might as well have gone to kindergarten. Since there was a lot of travelling to other parts of the world the air fare took a lot of cash out of my wallet - I think I spent 6000 USD on this stupid course. That course really gave me NOTHING. I already knew about art and music. I didn't have to spend all that money to find out that music is nice to listen to. What crap! Even the leaders of the course was nothing special. Totally without charisma! I started wondering why do they have these bad leaders. The same happened in the forum in action series (part of the curriculum for living). That teacher was a seminar leader and she was not very good compared to the forum leaders.

I think a lot of people were disappointed as soon as the leaders wasn't part of the top dogs - the forum leader body.

nettie

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: January 20, 2006 08:45AM

Nettie: You should get some sort of award or medal for posting this thread. As a former insider you have given us a perspective that up to now was largely unknown to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. You exposed the evil nature of Landmark and have shown what despicable creeps those who run Landmark are. Thank you.

I have no doubt that this thread will prevent many a poor sap from enrolling in Landmark. In this regard you have done the world community a great service.

Can you imagine how Landmark officials will react when they read this thread? They'll utterly FLIP!! I just wish I could witness their raging fury for myself. It'll look good on those bastards. I'd pay to see that!! lol.

Rick Ross, isn't there SOME sort of honor we can bestow on Nettie?

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: January 20, 2006 09:11AM

RR, I think it should be put over the database as one document under Landmark or The Forum or both when nettie considers it is near completed.

Posted by: oncewaslost ()
Date: January 20, 2006 09:19AM

nettie
The deeper you get into landmark the less your world works. There is no way of determining when to stop and if it's ok to take one course or maybe two or maybe the whole curriculum.

This is the most profound thing you have said because it reflects my experience with Landmark, as I grew up around Landmark and found that it all started breaking down for me when I turned 18 (aka could think for myself) and saw how their work is not relavent in reality.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:12PM

[b:59065c6637]MORE ABOUT CIRCULAR THINKING[/b:59065c6637]

I think the easiest part to take apart is the RACKET thing. Here is a circuclar thinking pattern that might have stopped me from making theses posts (had I not been away for a few years);

- I now landmark is bad. I hate it

- there were useful things I learned there - I saw it with my own eyes.

- some of the results I had where useful - some were bad

- I have to figure out how to make those results DISTINCT from each other

- ok now: good - "blablabla" / bad: blablabla (black or white thinking)

- How do I keep the good ones and throw away the bad ones?

- apply forum technology on it to see if it works. After all they seemed to have a good way of sorting things up

- in most cases where I had good results it was becasue I apologized to people that I had been running my RACKETS on.

- Oooooh no - of course! Now I see it - all my bad results came from RUNNING MY RACKETS and not TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for it. I'm out OUT OF INTEGRITY. OOOOH BAD BAD BAD BAD.

- Ok - let's calm down - let's think. Landmark is bad - but it is useful - you do what they tell you - your life works - you are COMPLETE - I am IN INTEGRITY. Don't run your RACKET on landmark...they are just an educational company...Bad nettie - BAD!

- Oh - now I see there are a some other DISTINCTIONS coming up - I said I was to talk about RACKETs - I'm not doing a good SHARE - ooooh - bad bad bad - people will miss my point. Ohhh bad bad bad - I'm even applying my WINNING FORMULA --- oh man does this get complicated... I better stop - (the confusion created by landmark in my subconcious).

- ah - too tiring - can't somebody tell me how to think? Maybe if I take more courses I will see it more clearly....Maybe that communication course is the solution. Or the wisdom course? Those people seem happy...

Where was I? Oh yeah!
"- I now landmark is bad. I hate it"

This is what I would call a VICIOUS CIRCLE!

The way out - don't apply any landmark thinking on it. Get a friend you trust outside landmark to evaluate this way of thinking. They will probably find it totally strange. When they tell you that - trust them but foremost trust yourself. Don't do this with a landmark person. They will see the circularity and coach you out of it. That may help for a short period but the coach probably has the same problems with circular thinking. It's like a drowning person dragging you down. You just don't see it at the time.

[b:59065c6637]BOTTOM LINE[/b:59065c6637]

Even if you hate what you have been put through it is hard to dismiss the ideas they put in your head. They seem useful and they are in your subconcious. You can't help applying them because it is LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE. You just do it - you don't have to "think" - it comes natural as going to the bathroom - you don't have to "think" - JUST LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE - ohh hhow wonderful - at least I am peaceful - JUST LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE - ok, thats good - what kind of bicycle is this? - probably a good one - my aunt says it's great - I trust her - JUST LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE -

Self hypnosis. The landmark coma continues...if you like hare krishna you could chant. It's the same thing. Dull your thoughts. Bad AND good thoughts get repressed.

A lot of people report they have become more peaceful after doing the courses. That might just be landmark coma. Also it also feels good after you have been through an ordeal. You can relax.

Problems with your mental health may come up years after leaving landmark. Then it's is obviously hard to make the connection that it might be post traumatic stress disorder (or some other symptom). You will probably blame something other than landmark - a breakup of a relationship maybe. That is a stressful situation. The breakup in itself might be a result from your taking part of the forum. You just don't see it. Maybe your spouse or relative refused to see the light and do the course. It became unbearable when your thought systems were different.

nettie

Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.