Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: I think i lost my gf to an LGAT. Does depression follow lgat seminars for 'graduates'? Do lgat seminars enhance narcissism? New to LGAT, im hurting inside, help needed please!!
Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: May 06, 2017 03:49AM

Kdag you're absolutely spot on- it's recognized as one of their tactics to be introduced by someone you trust. That person has already been coerced into their way of thinking so they will swear up and down how much it has changed their lives for the better. This is why they won't advertise- they don't want people knowing about the program without it being from someone who is a zealot for their organization. If they advertise- people research. If someone is trusted to bring it to them, they're much less likely to do so. PSI Seminars' PLD course- Pacesetter Leadership Dynamics- is focused on enrollments. It's a 90 day course where there are 3 weekends set up for the participants to do "work" on themselves as a group while the rest of it focuses on their approach to getting people to join. So you pay (now $1500) to do their marketing for them. You are instructed on how to speak to people regarding the program, you must call them or interact in person- no text messages or Facebook approaches. During that course you are also asked to donate money to them as well as call everyone you know asking for donations from them. And all the while these PLD "players" are convinced that this organization is completely changing them for the better. AND they want you to pay money every time you use the words "but" "can't" and "try".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I think i lost my gf to an LGAT. Does depression follow lgat seminars for 'graduates'? Do lgat seminars enhance narcissism? New to LGAT, im hurting inside, help needed please!!
Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: September 07, 2017 06:03AM

The exact same thing has just happened to me. My bf of 18 months broke up with me on the phone, never wanting to see me again. We had been friends since we were 12, 30 years ago. I am heartbroken as he seems lost forever.

He is still communicating with other people from our past so this hurts even more.

Posted by: crback22 ()
Date: September 07, 2017 11:18PM

So sorry to hear Throughmyeyes. This seems to be the theme for relationships when people attend and it's no surprise. I remember sitting through the basic listening to them preach about searching for a "10" in all aspects in life. Too many people believe this and dismiss anything that is less than a "10" in life, not realizing that there is no such thing.

Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: September 12, 2017 07:16AM

Thanks crback22. It is beyond sad. These organisations don't encourage people to grow. Instead they facilitate behaviours that are bit conducive to the fundamentals of humanity. ie compassion, empathy, openneness, kindness and honesty - in the true meaning of the form. It saddens me to think a 30 year history can be disposed of as I'm not a perfect 10.

The power of the LGATs is incredible. It is not a life I would want. I actually like people.

It is difficult to disentangle your feelings though and know you aren't actually the problem or are the person the "Landmarkarian" is saying you are. That was crazy making for me. Sites like this helped significantly to see others were regrettibly experiencing the same.

Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.