Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: I think i lost my gf to an LGAT. Does depression follow lgat seminars for 'graduates'? Do lgat seminars enhance narcissism? New to LGAT, im hurting inside, help needed please!!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 03, 2016 08:07AM

More discussion here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

and here

Right after the discussion where "Corboy" urged readers and discussants
to stay focused on the LGAT room set up, that this seemed to be a topic
of the utmost importance given the trolls who had already appeared, two *more*
trolls appeared -'researcher' and 'Dynamics".

Anything to divert us from paying attention to the Landmark/LGAT room setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 08:10AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I think i lost my gf to an LGAT. Does depression follow lgat seminars for 'graduates'? Do lgat seminars enhance narcissism? New to LGAT, im hurting inside, help needed please!!
Date: November 03, 2016 08:13AM

(Twilight Zone theme music here)

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: November 04, 2016 04:27AM

As to the room setup, what I noticed right away was that something about the setup made me nervous. It seemed very rigid.

Later, when I was on production teams, we had to space the chairs with a box of Kleenex between, and they measure where they place every row.

If I was standing at the door after a break, I was instructed to close the door as soon as the second hand was straight up, even if the person rushing to get back into the room was three feet away.

The people on the production team are also fair game, and I would say that they actually get the worst of it. As part of the assisting program, they are subjected to almost non-stop gaslighting.

Date: November 04, 2016 08:30AM

Two other things to pay attention to here, as to the room environment:

1)the acoustics

2)I believe that they wouldn't let us wear fragrances. I don't recall a smell, but with the prohibition against any food, they also have control of our olfactory senses, (or deprivation of such). The olfactory sense is powerfully tied to emotional centers, I believe.

Posted by: GloriaG ()
Date: November 04, 2016 08:08PM

Yes, @kdag,

I remember now, a friend I'd made from The Forum weekend was also doing some assisting, and she told me how aggressive they were to these volunteers. They had to clean the toilets in a particular way and were spoken to very rudely. She was very angry and unhappy about this and didn't do any more. And it certainly put me off assisting.

What is fascinating though is that people do continue to assist and go along with this behaviour. Is this what you mean by non-gaslighting?

Date: November 05, 2016 12:54AM

@Gloria,

The term "Gaslighting" originally came from a movie called "Gaslight," and is a form of psychological abuse where one person tries to overwrite the reality of another. I believe that it would fall under the general category commonly known as "crazy-making." It can literally cause people to doubt their own sanity.

I can't write about my hardcore gaslighting experiences right now, but here are some examples of the general "crazy-making" that goes on:

1) The person I was assisting would send me into a room full of boxes, and have me dig through them looking for a list of credit card receipts. I would find most, and then spend several hours looking for couple of others. Frustrated, I would finally give up, and would have to tell her that I had failed. On one occasion, I went back the next week and found the two that I couldn't find in her lower desk drawer, (just those two).

2) They send you out of the room to deliver an "urgent" note to a staff member. The person you are looking for has invariably "gone to lunch."
When you finally see that person, if you look the least bit ruffled, they give you that "gotcha" smile. If it happened once, that would be one thing, but any time you are instructed to deliver a message, the person you are looking for is almost ALWAYS gone.

3) I was told that the toilet in the second stall in the ladies room across the hall needed to be "flushed." This time I smelled a rat, (why didn't she just flush it?). She asked me how long it would take. By this time I was onto them, so I told her 45 minutes. When I got there, sure enough, I looked like they had flushed an entire roll down the thing. I've never seen so many backed-up toilets in my life.

Of course, they can claim that this is all unintentional. I would take that with a grain of salt. These things happen over and over. It is my sincere belief that they assign tasks, and then set you up to fail. Then they are always right there to "comfort" you when you finally "lose it."

A discussion of trance and peripheral self
Date: November 05, 2016 09:15PM

Re: A discussion of trance and peripheral self
Date: November 05, 2016 10:50PM

As to the peripheral self, yes, I do feel that "split."

About the trance state, I do believe that there are other ways of inducing it, and think that I even read this somewhere, at some time. I'm sorry about my inability to cite this, but it was long ago.

Anyway, sensory overload can also cause some to "space out." During the sharing portions, to have that many people in the room talking seemed to have that effect on me, and I recall wondering about the acoustics of the room.

Another method that I believe was used on me, (one-on-one), was by someone who would talk on and on about nothing, (mostly b.s., and most of it was really obvious). He would also give me long-winded history lectures in excruciating detail, even though he knew that I was not interested. He would actually stand in the doorway to block it, and keep talking.

Date: November 07, 2016 07:49AM

Date: November 08, 2016 01:53AM

I have read your link, corboy. Yes, I definitely experienced the extreme boredom, what I would call "flooding," and as to the confusion they instilled, I can't even begin to tell you.

Toward the end of the last seminar that I took at L.E., the seminar leader started selling the next seminar in the series, (as usual). She said that the next seminar would involve "brain science," and that she guaranteed that we would all experience an amygdala hijacking during the course of that seminar.

They had also handed out paperwork with information on another course, which we had to sign consent form stating that we had consented to "receive information about "___ ___ ..." course," (I'm not sure how much I can legally say here). I consented to receive information, NOT to be enrolled in that course !!!

If anyone is ever in an LGAT and they try to get you to sign a consent form to "receive information" about some course, whatever you do, DON'T SIGN IT!!!

I don't know how they think that this consent would protect them legally, but apparently they do.

Shortly after "receiving the information" about that course, things in my life got really weird ~ as in "doubting my own sanity" weird.

Everyone in my seminar group seemed to know every detail of my personal life, and also the seminar leader and her assistant. I was on a phone call with the assistant seminar leader, and described to him some of what was going on in my life. He asked me if I thought I was crazy, and I told him that I didn't know. He told me that, if I signed up for the next seminar, that my question would be answered. I declined. I was seriously afraid for my mental health and wanted out. I told this to several people at LE.

In addition to the above, I had told my therapist that I thought that I should discontinue my participation in in, and she had strongly agreed. I had told them this, and they continued to f*ck with me. This was in spite of the fact that when you first sign up, they state on the form that they advise us to always follow the advice of our doctors and/or mental health professionals.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.