Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
LE: another experience
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:00AM

This is speculative but see if it applies to your situation:

Another tip--based on what others have reported here on the message board:

In addition to the advice offered by nettie and Sonnie (no contact for 3 months and then a firm requirement that all conversation is strictly social with no agenda related to the organization)--

Beware of sharing any of your personal hardships or vulnerabilities with these pals.

They might see your disclosures as a signal to coax you back, that you mentioned your hardships or self doubts because you're interested in coming back.

Problem is, even if you've already told them you dont want [b:1da41549ad]any [/b:1da41549ad]discussion of the group, your pals may still equate any disclosure of personal vulnerability as a1) permission given to recruit and an opening to recruit.

They may be sincerely convinced that if you've mentioned any personal hardship or self doubt (which all aware persons have at one time or other) that that means you've tacitly given permission for them to begin coaxing you back.

If you sense that your former associates are routinely skewing conversations to massage areas of self doubt (eg you felt good when you all sat down to have lunch and then by the end of lunch they've ignored your good news and are trying to make you feel discontented.

If you mention you made 10,000 on a really good real estate deal they may hint that you could do even better if you pursued some form of continuing education, or hint that 10 K doesnt go very far in todays economy, or that they know someone who is making even more money...
that can be a set up to get you depressed and greedy

Be careful. Real friends support your strength---they dont sap it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: January 20, 2006 02:06AM

midonov123
Now you really picked my curiosity. Will you tell us more? This sounds much interesting. What is it that turned you off inside LE?

hi Midonov,

I started doing one of the leadership programs. LE staff members cannot and do not hide their main intention, i.e. registrations for LE courses, anymore, as they maybe do in other courses.

On a typical "guest event", I was told off by a staff member since I said I am tired. I would disturbe the athmosphere, and he was certainly scared this could influence the number of HIS registrations. I WAS tired, since I also have a job and a family, and LE does not PAY me, I never said I work for THEM why should I give my best. They are crazy. First of all, I was surprised, then I just could not believe it .... and finally I left the program.

Date: January 20, 2006 04:50AM

Thank corboy and the others for your replies.

I am still in contact with a few people from LE, but I am increasingly cynical, tell them what I think about enrollment conversations ... and that LE is cult-like because inside LE they think they are better than other people ... enlighted ...

They asked me recently to be on a team inviting people for a guest event with a forum leader, but I just said "Sorry, I am really not interested to do such a nonsense". The real frienships will last anyway.

I am sure, they will have their explanations about my "bad behaviour".

Sonnie and Nettie, I am really interested what landmark staff is talking behind the doors about the people in the ILP or TMLP ... what it is all about.

Sorry for my short replies since I enjoy the discussions here, but, FORTUNATELY, I am really busy with my job now. I had to catch up after being too heavily involved with LE for a few month.

Date: January 20, 2006 05:53AM

... if you are cynical before you sign up to their courses, you are of great interest to them and they try all their best techniques on you. If you dare to be cynical after you have taken their courses or even been one of their assistants, you need to be careful not to be sued by them .... that´s a logic.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 20, 2006 03:59PM

Sonnie and Nettie, I am really interested what landmark staff is talking behind the doors about the people in the ILP or TMLP ... what it is all about.

The conversations are mostly about who is "on their game" and who is "off their game" then its talking about how they can be coached to be successfull. Success of course being how can they be revved up to register more people

Remember everything revolves around Landmark forum registrations!!!

Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: January 20, 2006 11:19PM

ClausDIa
Thank corboy and the others for your replies.

I am still in contact with a few people from LE, but I am increasingly cynical, tell them what I think about enrollment conversations ... and that LE is cult-like because inside LE they think they are better than other people ... enlighted ...

That makes sense. Heck, it's one of LE's best tactics for defeating the negative press. During the Forum they make sure to tell everyone how the Forum has drammatically changed their life. So much so, that it'll no doubt shock people who know you. "Those people fear change. They'll tell you silly things like 'Landmark is a cult!' Have patience with them - these are the ones that need Landmark's help the most. They live in fear of their own unsatisfied lives. They don't want other people to be fulfilled if they aren't themselves. Invite them to Landmark. Be persistent. Be unreasonable. You're helping them."

I saw it first hand with my wife. Everytime I tried to warn her of the danger she was in, she'd just give me a patient little smile, and all but patted me on the head. She'd tell me that I just didn't understand. I needed to attend Landmark. It was like being in one of those horror movies where your friends are picked off one by one and come back inviting you to join them (as vampires, zombies, or whatever.)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.