Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Progress!
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: January 06, 2006 11:36AM

My wife has lately been rethinking her decision to attend LE's advanced class. The one hang-up seems to be the non-refundable $100.00 deposit she was whisked into giving. Nevermind that it was given because LE offered a limited time opportunity to reduce the cost of the class.

It gets better, though. When our home phone rang this evening, she told me to say that she wasn't home [i:cd2bf5ec35]if it was Landmark[/i:cd2bf5ec35]. It was Landmark, and I happily lied to them, saying she was still at work. Can you believe the guy had the audacity to ask for her work number??? Yeah, like that would happen.

She's been a lot more skeptical of LE of late, and it gives me great hope that this is all coming to an end. Excuse me while I go knock on a forest-full of wood right now. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Progress!
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 06, 2006 04:32PM

If your wifes one hang up is the "non-refundable" deposit, the reality is that a memo went out to all landmark centres a few years ago saying if a customer asked for and was demanding the deposit back then they were to give it back.

Alternately just tell your wife to tick "yes" in one of the well being questions. The best one is the medication one. They dont want you doing the course if you are on any medication like antidepressants, anti psychotics, anti anxiety type stuff and if you are they will give you a full refund including the deposit

Of course the reality is $100 is nothing to compared to her keeping her sanity and not doing the course.

Progress!
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 06, 2006 08:23PM

Ether Dragon
My wife has lately been rethinking her decision to attend LE's advanced class. The one hang-up seems to be the non-refundable $100.00 deposit she was whisked into giving. Nevermind that it was given because LE offered a limited time opportunity to reduce the cost of the class.

It gets better, though. When our home phone rang this evening, she told me to say that she wasn't home [i:6822b9be16]if it was Landmark[/i:6822b9be16]. It was Landmark, and I happily lied to them, saying she was still at work. Can you believe the guy had the audacity to ask for her work number??? Yeah, like that would happen.

She's been a lot more skeptical of LE of late, and it gives me great hope that this is all coming to an end. Excuse me while I go knock on a forest-full of wood right now. ;)

Be prepared for their full-frontal assault on her "integrity." They rope in those who actually place some stock in their own *real* integrity using this ploy. They will probably pursue her relentlessly. If she is too polite to just tell them to buzz-off, they will take that as a "maybe." These people have no shame. They will do whatever it takes to get her onto the treadmill.

Ellen

Progress!
Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: January 06, 2006 11:46PM

I have never witnessed anyhting as sinister as Landmark. I really hope your wife turns around.

My fiancee did the advanced courses and she is getting in deeper and deeper. She used her love to try and get me to do LE. She actually said things like "if you were my life partner then you would do this for me". She truly believes that it transforms lives, and when she came out of the advanced hypnosis she was saying things like she wants everyone she comes in contact with to be inspired by her. Everyone. Her ego is so grandiose almost bordering on magical thinking, and she keeps pushing LEC. It sucks and it's just down right eerie. What the hell do they do to you in there?

I hope it turns out better for others who have loved ones involved with this.

The best way to stop LEC is to get individual states to require professional licensing. I mean..they are practicing a form of psychology...all beit pscyops warfare right? Then why the hell do they not have to be professionally licensed in individual states to conduct there practices?

Progress!
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: January 07, 2006 12:41AM

All I can tell you, tywebb, is to get as many friends and family involved as possible. It wasn't me alone who turned things around. It was the concerned words of her family, friends, and colleagues. She simply couldn't ignore the overwhelming number of peers and relatives all giving her the same warnings. Make sure that those involved are informed, too. I sought out these people and let them know my concerns. I never presented Landmark as undeniably evil. I merely presented my own concerns and directed them to the wealth of negative reports so they could draw their own conclusions. That everyone of them agreed with me gave me me the strength and conviction to carry on the fight as well.

Good luck to you, and everyone here that has to wage this war. I know it's not over for me yet, either. Not for a long shot, but I'm seeing a shift in the front lines.

Progress!
Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: January 07, 2006 05:42AM

Her Mom has been involved with LEC for 9 years, and therefore there is no getting through. It's downright frightening. I would not want my children raised with this, and her Mom 's goal is to have Landmark taught in schools.

Only a miracle will get her out.

Progress!
Posted by: uwashleyrose ()
Date: January 07, 2006 12:04PM

Tywebb, I recently left LEC (October 2005). It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach to hear of LE in schools. I couldn't think of something worse for children to be involved in.

My story is simple... I graduated from college and took my dream job at a company in my career field. Apparently the CEO is high up in LEC and MANDATES all her employees to take the Forum. The culture of the company is permeated with LE... its hard to seperate the two. Everything that was said at LEC somehow got back to my company, and I suffered from several "talks" about what happened at LEC (why did you quit your assisting agreement? I heard you caught a ball in the advanced course... ect). I fled both in October.

I can't exactly tell you what goes on there, because its so difficult to put words to... but what I can tell you is that my friends and family rallied together to get me out of it. It took an entire community of peple fighting for me... and getting me out was the tip of the iceberg. The only word I can use to describe the aftermath was devestating. Friends and family have been crutial in the healing. Keep faith that she will leave and then be willing to support her.

Ether Dragon, I got all of the monies back from when I left. I had to be stern with them. I used their own jargon against them. I called and said, "This conversation will last no more than 5 minutes and I am refusing any coaching on my decision. I have a wellness issue and will no longer be participating in and Landmark Education programs. By when can I expect you to refund the amount in full, including my deposit?" At this they tried to coach me... and I stopped them and said, "I got that you want to aid me in transformation. I have made my choice. By when can I expect a full refund?" I continued to call them and it took about 2 weeks. They finally refunded all my monies. KEEP HER OUT OF THE ADVANCED COURSE at all costs. The advanced course is where I got completely hooked...

Because I was indoctrinated in LEC, I got quite used to using the jargon at work and can use it against them. When they assult my integrity it just needs to be said, "I got that you have a racket about how I should be acting in this situation. It is not the most powerful way to handle this conversation."

Good luck!

Progress!
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 07, 2006 05:08PM

[code:1:f66c2122fe]All I can tell you, tywebb, is to get as many friends and family involved as possible. It wasn't me alone who turned things around. It was the concerned words of her family, friends, and colleagues[/code:1:f66c2122fe].

This is absolutely correct it is important to have friends and family however if someone is already involved, even friends and family may not be listened to initally.

I certainly didn't listen to my friends and family for a long time and I lost a lot of friends because of it. the ones that did stick around tell me now they had just decided to ignore my pushiness and wait for me to see the light. They did keep telling me about what was wrong with landmark but they didn't let my ill placed anger push them away either.

Progress!
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 10, 2006 08:57AM

EtherDragon,

I got my entire "nonrefundable" deposit and "tuition" back after attending the Forum. If your wife is persistent and bugs them enough, she will get her deposit back.

Progress!
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 04:47AM

sonnie_dee
[code:1:9c9a0585ca]All I can tell you, tywebb, is to get as many friends and family involved as possible. It wasn't me alone who turned things around. It was the concerned words of her family, friends, and colleagues[/code:1:9c9a0585ca].

This is absolutely correct it is important to have friends and family however if someone is already involved, even friends and family may not be listened to initally.

I certainly didn't listen to my friends and family for a long time and I lost a lot of friends because of it. the ones that did stick around tell me now they had just decided to ignore my pushiness and wait for me to see the light. They did keep telling me about what was wrong with landmark but they didn't let my ill placed anger push them away either.
[/color:9c9a0585ca]Sonnie, may I ask what finally got you to pull away? Someone I love very much is deeply involved, as much or more than you were.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.