Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
About "Creating your own reality" the Landmark way
Posted by: Wright_Again ()
Date: January 07, 2006 10:55PM

A lot of the stuff that organizations like Landmark use is in fact valid, although the quantum physics aspects are complete bunk.

A short example would be that I know if I drive my car enough; I will eventually get a flat tire. I could assume that if I ever get a flat; it's my fault for creating the flat in the first place and that somehow my mindset needs to be changed in order to prevent flats in the first place. OR I can accept the eventuality of having flats and be prepared for it by having a spare and knowing how to change it. In that case I do have an effect on my physical reality.

Another case is where I may have a job where the employer insists on my attendance at a Landmark training session such that advancement is contingent on my compliance. Solution...find another job pronto, even if it's working at a fast food place. I will not tolerate having my brain tampered with by some well meaning ignoramous.

I think a lot of the truisms of Landmark can be found outside of the organisation and a fraction of the cost without the coersive group think that goes along with it.

Options: ReplyQuote
About "Creating your own reality" the Landmark way
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: January 10, 2006 09:59PM

I think that it's important that much of what they say be valid. Like any great con, you have to wrap it in a cloak of believability in order to get past people's defenses. You have to give people enough reality to pacify their BS detectors so that the lies can slip through.

Landmark has obviously spent a lot of effort digging up and integrating the legitimate thoughts and ideas of others into their seminar. Its just a means to an end for them, however. They grab anything that sounds good and throw it into the mix. Afterall, they need to keep people's attention for three straight days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.