Current Page: 7 of 7
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: February 07, 2006 02:09AM

Just an update: I had written to my local Attorney General concerning Landmark. It took about six weeks before I received a reply (they suggest a ten day turn-around.)

The reply was a form letter saying that they had read my letter with interest and decided to file it away. IF enough complaints are generated, they will have mine on file for reference. In other words, they're not going to do anything unless theres mass-hysteria.

*grumble*

Options: ReplyQuote
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: mona ()
Date: February 07, 2006 04:38AM

Thanks Ether Dragon. I will do the same to file a complaint to my local Attorney General.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: February 08, 2006 12:45AM

Toni
midonov123

To anyone in this community, how can we explain these psychotic episodes and mental breakdown following participation to LGATs? If this is documented, why can't we stop this nonsense?

The psychotic breaks occur when a person simultaneously succumbs and resists the brainwashing. The person who succumbs fully commits to the LGAT (or other cult).
Those who maintain a shred of their own self, but also partially succumb must battle inner demons - thus the psychotic break.

Yes, you are right on. My psychologist friend said that the psychotic break that I experienced was because there was such a strong push for a change and my own resistance for it. Also the huge disappointment of the whole weekend and my discovery of the scam. I went into this with good intentions and discovered a fraud. It felt like I was raped and then thrown into the ditch. I fell deep, into the darkest of the dark... in my case there is a clear link to attending the LF. There is no prior issues of any mental illness or treatment.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Lucas ()
Date: February 08, 2006 01:02AM

I'm a journalist working on a piece about Landmark at work. I've read a lot of posts on this message board from folks who've been told to do Landmark by their boss. If this happened to you, I'd love to hear your story.

My understanding so far is that many people feel extra pressure to attend Landmark when their manager or supervisor requests (or even demands) that they go. As devotees of Landmark are known to promote the Forum at work (especially to those that report to them) I'm looking to learn from those who've expereinced this first hand.

Please drop me a line and I can explain more. I'll be happy to withhold your name and workplace if you don't want it revealed.

I'd be grateful for any insights you can offer. I should get a note if you respond to this message board post or send a note to this address:

comm-131926396@craigslist.org

Thanks,
Lucas

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: February 08, 2006 02:32AM

Lucas
My understanding so far is that many people feel extra pressure to attend Landmark when their manager or supervisor requests (or even demands) that they go. As devotees of Landmark are known to promote the Forum at work (especially to those that report to them) I'm looking to learn from those who've expereinced this first hand.

Lucas, this is not why I attended. I was not pressured at all. I blindly trusted a good friend. She is highly educated and successful team leader in a fortune 500 company. (I dont work with her so I dont know if she is pressuring her subordinates). Sorry, I dont fit your profile, but I do have objective experience by attending the forum with no prior knowledge of Landmark before attending.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: February 08, 2006 05:36AM

Thanks, Mona. Your experience sounds like it was a tough one. It's amazing to me how many rational people come out of Landmark with traumatic stories.

For me, the workplace element is especially unnerving as there may be added pressures (getting a raise, fitting in, staying on the boss's good side). One of the messages I read here mentioned a hair salon in Australia where attending Landmark was a prerequisite for employment. Tricky stuff...

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: February 08, 2006 07:06AM

Hello Lucas:

Good topic for journalism! Thank you for taking this on.

My 22 y.p. son was pressured by his boss, during a college internship evolving into a career position, to take LE. He attended a LE graduation for a friend and had heavy sales pressure on to attend. (like a growing young man, he did NOT ask his mama about this first..) He told me they pulled him aside for high pressure one-on-one sales.

He did not attend only because he lacked the money at the time
(whew! saved by the bell!).
He then resigned from the job because "Mom, I just thought it was weird that he would tell me that I was REQUIRED to do anything that did not involve a professional licensure. It just didn't sit right with me."

You may use that story for your article.

Lucas

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: February 08, 2006 10:19PM

Toni, Wow - who would have thought having too little money would be a blessing?

More importantly, your son must have been in a tough spot. That first step out into the working work is so intimindating. Who can tell their first boss no - after all, you're feeling lucky just to have a job.

Would you be willing to put me in touch with him? I'd love to hear more about how everything unfolded.

I can't send personal messages yet, but others can send them to me. If you have a moment, and you're willing (and, hey, if your son has the time) please send me a note with your contact info. I'll be more than happy to tell you and your son more about myself and the story.

Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.