Current Page: 3 of 7
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: December 24, 2005 03:39AM

LGAT could be stopped in some states if it was recognize as "group psychotherapy". So, the first thing is to clarify the definition and have the responsible authorities to examine the content of The Forum. States where psychotherapy is regulated are: California, Colorado, Florida, Nebraska, New York, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The following recent document details the definition and exemptions for the US and other countries.

[www.hprac.org]

Psychotherapy is not regulated in many US states, in Canada (except Alberta), in UK, Autralia, New Zealand. So, anything goes.

Options: ReplyQuote
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 24, 2005 08:30AM

tywebb
Does anyone know exactly how they hypnotize people..for how long? What are the lasting effects?

My best friend is getting in deeper and deeper. Actually moving closer to local landmark hq. Looks like she is gone for good.

There are lots of articles on hypnosis over on alt.fan.landmark

Just search within the group.

Ellen

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Worried_Dad ()
Date: December 24, 2005 02:44PM

I am a former "insider" of a cult that uses that format and I feel badly about my part in helping attract people into...something that isn't good for them.

But merely using a large encounter group format is not per-se a bad thing. It is the presence of thought reform and misuse of the power obtained by thought reform that does the damage.

Leaders of the "human potential movement" do not, for the most part intend to harm people. They just don't understand how their groups can and do sometimes function as cults.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 24, 2005 06:53PM

Worried Dad:

I think an argument can be made that mass marathon training is bad to the bone.

That is, its structure and dynamics is the problem.

A clinical psychologist studying Lifespring, one of the older groups, produced the following research paper about this.

[www.culteducation.com]

What he found also seems to parallel coercive persuasion.

See [www.culteducation.com]

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: December 25, 2005 01:55PM

CLASS ACTION SUITS!!!!!!!!!

Gather all LEC survivors (1st hand/2nd hand) you know......

They can be beheaded at the media level...

There is a definite archilles heal, we just need numbers of vocal surviviors.

Together we will have a LOUD voice!

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: January 09, 2006 01:15AM

If they are practicing hypnosis or any other form of psychotherapy they should have to be licensed by each individual state. If one bill is passed making them conform to the laws of society then this will cause a total collapse of LEC.

Time to start contacting senators.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 03:24AM

It can be stopped! They did it in France. A journalist infiltrated Landmark Education for 6 months with a hidden camera, worked as a volunteer and was responsible for checking the the flow of money (administrative tasks) at Landmark in Paris. His material was used to produce a documentary that was aired on France 3 in 2004 entitled "Piece a conviction, Voyage au pays des nouveaux gourous: la secte Landmark Education" (Voyage to the Land of the New Gurus: The Landmark Education Cult) following which the French Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Labor did an inquiry. A few months later, Landmark Education were forced to cease all their activities over the French territory. You can read all about it here (in french):

[www.prevensectes.com]

The documentary is available too over the internet on this link:

[www.prevensectes.com][/quote]

Is the article about what happened in France posted anywhere in English?
[/color:6653e91d25]

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: January 11, 2006 09:53PM

looking for help
It can be stopped! They did it in France. A journalist infiltrated Landmark Education for 6 months with a hidden camera, worked as a volunteer and was responsible for checking the the flow of money (administrative tasks) at Landmark in Paris. His material was used to produce a documentary that was aired on France 3 in 2004 entitled "Piece a conviction, Voyage au pays des nouveaux gourous: la secte Landmark Education" (Voyage to the Land of the New Gurus: The Landmark Education Cult) following which the French Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Labor did an inquiry. A few months later, Landmark Education were forced to cease all their activities over the French territory. You can read all about it here (in french):

[www.prevensectes.com]

The documentary is available too over the internet on this link:

[www.prevensectes.com]

Is the article about what happened in France posted anywhere in English?
[/color:83da7a39d6][/quote]

Unfortunately, it's only available in French as far as I know. The France-3 documentary was instrumental in the termination of all Landmark activities over the French territory. The French are very tough on cults and they have adopted laws to protect the population against psychologic subjection (sujetion psychologique) as stated in the About-Picard law adopted a few years ago.

If I find any documents in english relationg to that story I will post it.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 11:14PM

Thanks! Wish I could find this in English. I will find a translator. I need all the help I can get!

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: January 13, 2006 10:07PM

Maybe a scientifically sound survey on "results" of people who have participated in Landmark courses would help, e.g. participants claim they have achieved XYZ, relatives who have not participated in Landmark courses report ..... Also asking participants 1, 2 or 5 years after the courses.

And maybe distributing lots of information on how one can achieve similar improvements in life by conventional methods and lots of information of professionals on what is actually going on.

I have participated in Landmark courses and have mixed emotions, heavily on the negative site. I particular, I know the feeling of the "coachings" spinning aroud in your head, nightmares even ... Leaders thinking they are better than everybody else, because they are "trained", abusing their power, interested in new registrations.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this WEB-site

Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.