Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: December 18, 2005 09:41AM

For all those ex-LGAT employees (or volunteers) out there, those that have been on the 'inside' -- how do we stop them? Infiltrate? Litigate? What will be the downfall of their business?

I really think they are a menace to society!! To me, getting people to speak all the same jargon and think the same way is no better than naziism. That's what the Nazis did.. same techniques. And they wanted to "make the world better" too.

Very scary stuff. :!:

Options: ReplyQuote
How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 18, 2005 10:01AM

As an ex employee I honestly don't know how you would stop them, you can't infiltrate because to do that you have to have done their courses and be successfull and for landmark that means registering a STACK LOAD of people.

Even if you do infiltrate you wouldn't be sucessful (in my opinion) simply because they dont tell their staff everything and in fact in my opinion I personally think at they misrepresent a lot of stuff to their staff. (in other words they lie to them)

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: December 18, 2005 11:33AM

I was riding past my local landmark branch in South Melbourne on the way to work yesterday, and there were about 100 people who were taking the forum loitering outside the building. As I rode my bike though the crowds, I saw many confused faces, and many faces that I almost recognised. And I rode past a guy who was about my age. He could have been me a few months ago. I wanted to scream out to them "It's a hoax! Go get your money back!" but I didn't. Because I know I wouldn't have listened had someone told me the same thing.

As sad as it is to say, Landmark exists because people can be duped into believing just about anything, if you wipe out that flaw in man and Landmark would no longer be. Ironically enough, Landmark generates as many skeptics with a new found appreciation for free thought as it does devoted followers. And even devoted followers may find their way out in time.

Either way, there isn't much we can do but warn our friends and family and watch the ghastly thing play itself out.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 18, 2005 12:32PM

Hi Maggie,

I have thought about things to do to stop, or in some way impact, lgats. One thought I've had is grass roots/activist/protest kind of thing. I'd love to stand outside a Landmark intro and distribute a flyer with a WARNING message.

I think LACK OF INFORMATION about cult recruitment tactics and about disguises cults wear is a significant part of WHY people get conned. Had I known back then what I know now, I would NOT have fallen for the scam.

Public education, if only on the street, could have an impact.

Skeptic

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: December 18, 2005 12:36PM

Skeptic,

That sounds reasonable (Public Education). I was contacted by one reporter that was doing an EXPOSE on LE, however I never attended so I cannot be of help.

Anyone else know if Primetime, 60 Minutes or the like would be interested? Someone who HAS been through it should contact the investigative media!

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 19, 2005 01:01AM

I don't think one has to have gone through LE to educate/warn others about the known techniques LE uses to persuade. A flier with an excerpt or two from a book or body of work would be sufficient re public education. I would love to see the potential recruitees be informed that (a) something is wrong with what they're about to "experience" and (b) there is a NAME for it and there is a body of work critical of it. I knew none of this when I was recruited. I like to think I would have been much more skeptical than I already was, and would have held off longer to sign up, while I did some research.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Date: December 19, 2005 01:15AM

Well, luckily this site exists-- when my boss asked me to go, I did my research on the internet and found more negative than positive. What was most helpful was the play-by-play accounts of what goes on. Of course, Boss wouldn't tell me.. he said "You have to experience it for yourself."

And when I told him about all the negative documentation he said "Yes, that exists with any organization" and he actually mentioned RickRoss.com being the biggest. So they had already coached him on damage control. Crack me up!

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 01:26AM

Maggie
For all those ex-LGAT employees (or volunteers) out there, those that have been on the 'inside' -- how do we stop them? Infiltrate? Litigate? What will be the downfall of their business?

I really think they are a menace to society!! To me, getting people to speak all the same jargon and think the same way is no better than naziism. That's what the Nazis did.. same techniques. And they wanted to "make the world better" too.

Very scary stuff. :!:

It can be stopped! They did it in France. A journalist infiltrated Landmark Education for 6 months with a hidden camera, worked as a volunteer and was responsible for checking the the flow of money (administrative tasks) at Landmark in Paris. His material was used to produce a documentary that was aired on France 3 in 2004 entitled "Piece a conviction, Voyage au pays des nouveaux gourous: la secte Landmark Education" (Voyage to the Land of the New Gurus: The Landmark Education Cult) following which the French Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Labor did an inquiry. A few months later, Landmark Education were forced to cease all their activities over the French territory. You can read all about it here (in french):

[www.prevensectes.com]

The documentary is available too over the internet on this link:

[www.prevensectes.com]

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: December 19, 2005 10:05AM

Maggie
Anyone else know if Primetime, 60 Minutes or the like would be interested?

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people in the media have attended Landmark or similar LGAT seminars. Good luck finding an impartial one.

How do we STOP LGATs??!?
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: December 19, 2005 11:32PM

I contacted my local DA about the one nearest me. He suggested that the appropriate agencies to handle complaints about a corporation acting in this way were the Attorney General's office and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC.)

It certainly can't hurt if people contact their local media. If enough buzz gets generated, the media will have their interest piqued. If they were made aware of the amount of negative literature pertaining to an organization in their own backyard, they would be all over it.

With any luck...

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.