LEC scholarships?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 17, 2005 03:12AM

Ellen,

You are right it is not really a scholarship but a give away. I use the term scholarship because that is what it was always called.

And this free participation for ex staff is often what keeps them involved even after they are no longer on staff. many will review programmes every few years.

There are very few staff or ex staff who are completely anti landmark.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: Out.Of.Landmark ()
Date: December 17, 2005 10:51AM

Acid Reindeer
forgive me, but I would like some data from current or ex-members not a rant.

specifically, I would like to know, do graduates contribute money which goes to the scholarship or does LEC itself pay for the scholarships?

the way LEC operates I suspect the former, at least in some cases. I would like to have my suspicion confirmed or denied, if possible.

I was in Landmark for about a year. I believe that the scholarships are like sales in stores that are like 2 for one, etc. Most things have "scholarships" attached. I think the discount is included in the price, so they aren't really giving you anything. But they do a good job of letting you think that way.

They offer limited-time scholarships to entice you into registering. They offer scholarships at the end of one event to entice you into the next one. You might think you are getting a deal. My question became, "How much money do I have to spend to save some?"

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: December 17, 2005 02:51PM

maybe I might've specified that I meant full scholarships. I know they do that thing where at the end of the basic course they offer the advanced course at a discount.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 17, 2005 06:22PM

Just to clarify Landmark do offer discounted costs to programmes if a person registers during a course and yes this is purely a way to get more sales. In fact I remember we used to heavily promote the communication courses as being something that if they registered into both programmes at once they will get a scholarship but this really was just a discount.

Landmark also offers "full scholarships" where you dont pay a cent. For example as an ex staff member I am entitled to go to any course anywhere and not pay a cent. (not that I am about to do this)

If you think about it even if someone is in on a scholarship, landmark will probably still benefit because they will push people they know who havne't done that course into going to the "graduation" which is really just a big sales push.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.