Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LEC scholarships?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: December 16, 2005 09:19AM

Landmark, BTW, has a free scholarship available to all Katrina survivors from now until next summer as well as clergy (I thought that only gave clergy half off the basic course?) and firefighters and police.

I would like to know about the other kind of scholarship, given out to select others who don't belong to these categories. does anyone know about these and how they work.

Options: ReplyQuote
LEC scholarships?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: December 16, 2005 10:49AM

Acid Reindeer
Landmark, BTW, has a free scholarship available to all Katrina survivors from now until next summer as well as clergy (I thought that only gave clergy half off the basic course?) and firefighters and police.

I would like to know about the other kind of scholarship, given out to select others who don't belong to these categories. does anyone know about these and how they work.

Victims of natural disaster are easy targets for cults. But of course, there are no victims here, right? Those who lost their lives, those who lost their relatives or all their possessions have "created" all that for themselves, haven't they? This is what they “choose” out of their “world of possibilities”, right?

It's time to admit it: Landmark promotes psychic powers where individual act of consciousness creates reality. This is the New Age belief in the new Consciousness put forward by physicist like Capra, Targ, Puthoff (a Scientologist!), Radin and others that came forward with it. This is why Werner Erhard was so much interested in Quantum Mechanics and this is why he funded the Physics of Consciousness Research Group in 1974. Quantum Mechanics says “you create your own reality”, so “you are responsible for everything that happens in your life”, which also means “the guru’s never wrong, you are!”.

Quantum Quackery that is. And being a victim is a sad reality. Shit happens! Hurricanes happen! Helping Katarina’s victims by offering them to join this crazy cult sharing those crazy beliefs is a disgrace to human kind.

LEC scholarships?
Date: December 16, 2005 11:05AM

forgive me, but I would like some data from current or ex-members not a rant.

specifically, I would like to know, do graduates contribute money which goes to the scholarship or does LEC itself pay for the scholarships?

the way LEC operates I suspect the former, at least in some cases. I would like to have my suspicion confirmed or denied, if possible.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 16, 2005 04:40PM

There are not that many scholarships. Centre managers have discretion to give out scholarships and often around christmas they will give one out. randomly.

Senior leaders (volunteers) such as seminar leaders, SELP leaders, TMLP and ILP leaders all get full scholarships and their immediate family get half price.

All staff and their partners and children get full scholarships once they have been on staff for more then 1 year. They parents/siblings get half price. Ex staff also get full scholarships for themselves provided they were on staff for a minimum of one year. Eg as i was on staff for more then a year I and my partner/spouse can attend any course at no cost to us.

Clergy may be offered scholarships but it depends if they are on a salary or not. EG Monks who do not get a salary may be given a scholarship.

Pretty much its all up to the centre manager. They can offer a scholarship at any time. Often they will do so after a massive disaster, or they may offer a half price discount.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 16, 2005 04:41PM

Sorry missed answer about who pays for the scholarship

Landmark does. Graduates do not specifically put money into a "scholarship account" basically the person who is getting the scholarship is in the programme but Landmark is not making any money from them

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 16, 2005 05:48PM

Acid Reindeer
forgive me, but I would like some data from current or ex-members not a rant.

specifically, I would like to know, do graduates contribute money which goes to the scholarship or does LEC itself pay for the scholarships?

the way LEC operates I suspect the former, at least in some cases. I would like to have my suspicion confirmed or denied, if possible.

They can call it a "scholarship," but YOU don't have to. I would call it a giveaway "programming," kind of like a "free personality test," don't you think? (Makes me wonder how many people ended up in scientology because they fell for that "free" business. It must have worked really well for them because they used it for a loooong time.)

Ellen

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: December 16, 2005 08:54PM

sonnie_dee

Landmark does. Graduates do not specifically put money into a "scholarship account" basically the person who is getting the scholarship is in the programme but Landmark is not making any money from them

... for the moment. But eventually they will because the Forum is all about turning people into deployable agents.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 16, 2005 10:39PM

sonnie_dee

Who pays for "scholarships?" (Known in the ad biz as the "free sample..." a way to get people to try your product.)

You may say Landmark "pays" for it (that is, they let one or two people into a meeting room full of people who've paid more than enough to cover LEC's operating costs), but Landmark gets all its money from attendees, so it's really the other attendees who are "paying" for "scholarships" in the end.

No?

LEC scholarships?
Date: December 16, 2005 11:15PM

thank you for the information there, sonnie_dee.

ISTR that even salaried clergy got to attend for half off. or maybe that just happened in est.

LEC scholarships?
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: December 17, 2005 03:09AM

We all know that Landmark likes to make up it's own vocabulary. Here in the real world things are a little different. If Landmark was an educational institution it would be a scholarship. Since Landmark is a corporation the apropriate word for it is actually "discount." My wife was offered a discount as enticement to sign up for the Advanced Class.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.