Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Who HASN'T taken the Forum???
Posted by: tina ()
Date: December 31, 2005 09:39AM

I am undecided on Landmark Education. I have taken many of their courses, mainly because it was "highly recommended" at the small company I worked at. It seemed that the only way to get ahead in my career, was to take more Landmark. I have taken the Forum, the Seminar that comes after that, the Advanced Course, the SELP = Self-Expression and Leadership Course and two Communications Courses. I have had both positive and negative experiences with it. I would not recommend it for anyone who is not very firm in their sense of self and self-esteem. It is risky business... The company I worked for bases all their management practices on LE and EST, it was the worst place I have ever worked in my life. I would say more of a cult than LE. (In three eyars, with a base of 23 emplyoees, over 60 people have come and gone - talk about turn-over!) After over three years of steadily moving up and being promoted, I was given a choice "surrender my sense of self, my soul, and any opinion I had ever had or leave the company." I left - and I left LE, and it the best thing I have ever done. I would now warn anybody considereing taking any Landmark to be extrmemely careful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 03:45AM

I haven't, but quite honestly have been thinking about doing so in order to better understand what I am up against. I have been to VERY similar programs as part of corporate training, but none urged you to continue in their program, much less tried to recruit you.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:38PM

Looking for help, what ever you do DO NOT DO THE FORUM. alot of people go to find out more so they can help others. My experience is that once there it is almost impossible to remain objective and not get into the programme

Date: January 15, 2006 05:36AM

i was just wondering if there was some way i could do it and they not know, like in another part of the country? Maybe I could even use another name.

Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: January 15, 2006 11:00AM

I too went in there very skeptical, and very confident of my ability to observe and remain uneffected. But then they start talking about the stakes and running rackets and trying to convince you that your life doesn't work and to just 'try it on' and 'give it a go' all in that sweet as pie encouraging tone. These people have been trained for years to break through the strongest personal barriers of the soul. If you think you stand a chance, you probably don't.

No matter how much common sense you load yourself with before taking part, you will find yourself wanting to participate and get in the game. The peer pressure is very strong. Stay FAR away is my advice.

Date: January 18, 2006 01:32AM

How about going with a "partner" both of you committed to dragging the other out screaming if either start showing effects? Also we would have someone not there staying in touch and if they saw effects or couldn't reach us coming and getting us?
However, I must say that recent posts by ex Landmarkians, Lekkies, etc. have really given me some insight I didn't have before. I believe you need to understand something evil, particularly tactics used before you can combat it.

Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: January 18, 2006 03:12AM

Beware..there are women out there who do nothing but seduce men to join Landmark. They are tools and drones and pawns, and they truly believe they are trying to help others, but they will build you up and then tear you down. At first lots of sex,praise and gifts, and then they will use it to get you to do LEC. They will lie to you until you have no idea what to believe anymore. It's then that it's time to run away.

If you really think about it..it's sick and sad that there are little Werner Drones out there plying sex and love for LEC.

I firmly believe that there is no way to have a relationship with someone affiliated with LEC.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 18, 2006 03:21PM

How about going with a "partner" both of you committed to dragging the other out screaming if either start showing effects? Also we would have someone not there staying in touch and if they saw effects or couldn't reach us coming and getting us?

the very simply answer to this question is - DON'T DO IT

listen to those who have been there and been burned, listen to those who have family who have been there and the trouble it has caused. Don't think you can resist because most people can't.

Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: January 19, 2006 04:01AM

My wife was very skeptical about the Forum for the first two days. So much so that I was comfortable with her continuing to go. She complained about times when she felt the group leader had been inappropriate or simply said things that she felt were untrue. I hadn't been to this site yet, and only had nagging doubts that what she had explained to me about Landmark didn't "feel right."

When she came home the third day and had transformed from skeptic to utter believer, I just about died. Her total conviction in Landmark, and her urgent desire that I go too, just shocked me to the core.

Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: January 20, 2006 05:14AM

Ether Dragon
When she came home the third day and had transformed from skeptic to utter believer, I just about died. Her total conviction in Landmark, and her urgent desire that I go too, just shocked me to the core.

I am sorry to hear this. But don't be too concerned, it won't last forever. Tell her about what you are shocked.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.