Current Page: 4 of 5
Excellerated Business Schools - Money & You Seminar Scam
Posted by: gratefully awake ()
Date: May 08, 2006 10:00AM

But the citizens of Athens didn't have the internet. The information people like you can share will warn the ones who know to look. I didn't search out any facts. However, when I got hooked, the internet wasn't there with any dissenting opinions.

You said all this about as good as it could be said. Thanks!

The odd thing about the same old show is that there's always a twist so it appears to be new. :(

The original thread here of the money lgats and hunger project, etc. . . .there are so many people coming out of new age groups that end up in the prosperity cults. The business, real estate, and prosperity rap "sounds" logical, perhaps, to the folks leaving the clouds of la-la land.

And that Hunger Project -- unbelievable that it's still going, if it is. A well-known magazine carried a cover story promoting it about two years ago, just before the magazine went out of business. The HP is one of the clearest examples of the emporer has no clothes, and we could see that one -- yet we couldn't see the cult we got involved in. Different hooks for different folks. And so on and so on. . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:40PM

[u:4ee5bc1ede][b:4ee5bc1ede]PAST EXCELLERATED BUSINESS SCHOOL FOR ENTREPRENEURS INSTRUCTORS[/b:4ee5bc1ede][/u:4ee5bc1ede]

[b:4ee5bc1ede][u:4ee5bc1ede]Lists of Past Instructors can be viewed on the following websites[/u:4ee5bc1ede][/b:4ee5bc1ede]:-

[www.excelleratedschools.com]

[www.excelleratedschools.com]

WA

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: May 23, 2006 10:28PM

Here's a link that shows the Landmark people often travel in the Money & You circles as well. Wiser Aussie's wonderful recaps here of M&Y show how similar these two groups are, thus the natural overlap of interest.

[groups.yahoo.com]

The same story told in different ways makes people even more vulnerable to hand over their money time and time again, essentially for the same stuff. What a business model -- no tangible product, no inventory, essentially no labor costs, no marketing costs, little infrastructure and people come back and pay time and time again to see the emporer's new clothes. Different emporer, different clothes, same result. The founders are the only ones properous. Genuis in a very parasitic way.

-lightwolf

Date: May 28, 2006 12:51PM

[u:1ac1005794][b:1ac1005794]"MONEY & YOU" LINK[/b:1ac1005794][/u:1ac1005794]

The following links mention Money & You, as well as other LGAT using mind control.

[b:1ac1005794]Pachebel Canon [/b:1ac1005794]music was used continuously during the "blocks game" and throughout the seminar because of it's [b:1ac1005794]60 beats per minute[/b:1ac1005794]. More information as follows:

[culteducation.com]
[board.culteducation.com]

WA

Posted by: mwr ()
Date: July 25, 2006 12:58AM

I just saw this thread, and it seems to be composed of approximately 20 very long posts by Wiser Aussie, with a few supportive posts.

I don't know what the Money & You course has evolved to, but I took it in 1981 from Marshall Thurber, found it very powerful, and have retained some of the valuable experiences to this day. The techniques used were for the purpose of creating experiences that wouldn't have been achieved with more left-brained techniques. A simple recounting of the techniques used is meaningless unless of course they were offensive on their face. I certainly am sorry that Wiser Aussie experienced a psychological breakdown during the course, but I find his/her posts to be very much stretching to make a case. For example, I don't find providing fruit platters to particants during breaks to be offensive, objectionable, or sinister.

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: July 25, 2006 11:19PM

It never ceases to amaze me how similar all these mind-control LGATs are in the programs they present.

It is also amazing how successful they are at messing up people's lives. As Wiser Aussie contends, the promises they make are seldom realized. The problems these programs create, though, appear to be far more in evidence.

Education about this sort of thing would help so much. People need to know the steps they should take before entering a human potential seminar or the like. They need to know about mind control and about transparency in the processes they will be subjected to.

If only such life skills were taught in schools, much like one should be taught how to do one's taxes. That would save countless people extraordinary heartache.

To Wiser Aussie, thank you for the time and effort you put into sharing your experience. It helps us people on the outside looking in, searching for answers as to what happened to our loved ones.

Posted by: libralove ()
Date: September 27, 2006 01:41AM

Yes, I am an ex-Realtor and I attended the Wayne Morgan course here in Austin, TX for 3 days and I was in complete shock.

"How to Get Rich in Real Estate and Still Have a Life" was the name of Wayne Morgan's course last fall that was a complete waste of 3 days and $200. He has another one starting soon.

I could not believe that the Texas Real Estate Commission gave 30 hours SAE or MCE credit for Realtors to attend this fiasco. It's no wonder Realtors have as good a reputation as used car salesmen. It was horrendous!

At one point he told everyone, that if someone asks you to do something, but then do not allow you to do it because they do no allow you to "talk" -- then "you are being scammed for the promoter to make their game".

So then he gave the entire group of 100+ or more a group cooperation assignment, then turned up the disco music in the room so loud that no one could hear above a scream to "cooperate" to do the task he gave everyone.

Bells went off for me immediately because he had just warned everyone that he was a "scammer making his game" when he turned up that disco music.

But you know something, 90 of the at least 100+ people there continued playing in spite of the loud music -- only about 10 people stepped away and sat down to wait for the "cows" to finish playing the ridiculous scam games Wayne Morgan devised.

I was in shock. I reported the entire 3 day waste of time to TREC last year, but they let him create 3 more TREC approved courses for Texas Realtors starting now.

[austininstitute.com]

Then after some amazingly tasteless comments about women, whom he calls chippies and a Nicole Simpson joke, we were given our Real Estate test on RE Marketing for TREC credit.

Nothing of what he gave in those three days was on the test. Even though he said that all the huge sticky notes he wrote all around the room would be on the test -- none were -- so I saw lots of people cheating on the exam.

He had instructed everyone, that if the rules are not carefully written and there is no one to enforce them, then just lie and cheat -- so tons of the Realtors did just that to past the test after that 30 hours of useless - con-game, nonsense and cruelty from this loser and his wife, owners of AustinInstitute.com for Realtor training.

This is why some Realtor's lie and cheat to "make their game if no one is watching or enforcing". They are trained to do so in TREC approved courses.

It is a complete sham and a scam in my view. Anyone who wastes a dime on ANY Wayne Morgan course is an IDIOT!

Posted by: libralove ()
Date: September 27, 2006 05:09AM

I forgot to say -- the most amazing thing about this large Fall 2005, 3 day seminar for Texas Realtors by Wayne Morgan was that he kept saying, "There is a sucker born every minute!" throughout the 3 day conference. Indeed, he was talking about all of us.

Wayne Morgan had his Porsche parked in the handicapped spot at the hotel and every game/exercise that he presented at the conference was a a very thinly veiled slap in the face of every attendee there. He would tell everyone, they were idiots and that he was conning them and then they all cheered him (but a handful including myself).

Geez... what an amazing exercise in group stupidity -- I undertood how Hitler ran his game on the people, because no matter how obvious and transparent Wayne Morgan was in being a "con-artist", they all raved about what a great real estate marketing conference and how brilliant he is. He basically told everyone to break every rule if no one was watching or policing the rules.

Shaking head... scary... makes me think of our present political situation in the USA and our bully tactics way far away from our shores -- and the sheep who are cheering that idiot commander in chief of ours. (Think Geneva convention and our Constitutional rights.) Makes me want to move to Aussieland and start singing. "Walzing Matilda".

Date: November 12, 2006 12:38PM

Viewed the 2 1/2 mins. promotional video on the Wayne Morgan link provided by libralove and it's Money & You down to a T.

Great to hear that 10% of the participants are clued up. Back in the 1990's everyone bumbled along in confusion.

Wiser Aussie

Re: Excellerated Business Schools - Money & You Seminar Scam
Posted by: learnaboutwayne ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:49AM

Looks like Wayne Morgan is doing his thing is Austin, Texas. He is now getting his real estate students to pay him $10,000 for him to be their personal real estate coach.

[www.austininstitute.com]

He still uses the games and flip charts etc. He even sold a CD that had him doing the childhood regression to the class.

He did make one mistake and didn't renew his real estate licesne on time and now the Texas Real Estate Commission has opened a investigation before they will let him get his license back.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.