Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmark forum leaders: poor or rich?
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: December 14, 2005 08:21AM

Here's an interesting question. Are forum leaders rich, and if they are, why? I've heard many people say that LM forum leaders get paid very ordinary wages for doing what they do (which to people in LM seems an absolute crime :roll:) but at the same time, I hear that a lot of forum leaders don't exactly lead a poor lifestyle. In fact apparenly one of them has recently SOLD ONE OF THEIR AIRPORTS.

When I asked how it's possible that they're so rich, while being paid so little, my friend replied "because they have a clearing of possibility for being rich."

I think it'd be really interesting to find out exactly what their living circumstances are and where their money comes from, whether it comes from the many millions of dollars that the company brings in on a yearly basis or from more 'honest' means.

Does anyone have any inside info about this? I'd be very interested to know the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Out.Of.Landmark ()
Date: December 14, 2005 12:19PM

there are about 50 Landmark Forum Leaders. They are the stock holders of Landmark Education. I do not know how much they make, but I know that most of Landmark Education runs on Assisters. Their salaries might be low, but I am sure the profit sharing is good.

They will insist to the end that they want people at the forums because they want to change the world one life at a time.... but a rational mind can't help but see the dollar signs in their eyes.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 14, 2005 03:19PM

I do know a couple of years ago a forum leader would be paid around the $60-$70k mark. Which is a relatively good income. The thing to keep in mind is that they get all their travel paid for and they get a daily amount for each day they are away which is usually around $50-$100 per day depending on which country they are in.

The staff in the offices who do a lot of work behind the scenes are not so well paid. I know I ended up getting a minor pay increase (fiftycents an hour) simply because myself and another staff member had worked out they were not even paying us minimum wage.

And of course, the volunteers don't get paid at all.

I too have wondered where all the money goes. I have seen some of the annual reports and they didn't make sense to me (being a non accounting trained person). They make Millions in profit and claim it goes back into the company but i can't see where.... we used to scrimp and save and on EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: January 02, 2006 10:53PM

Out.Of.Landmark
Their salaries might be low, but I am sure the profit sharing is good..

But according to Wikipedia, Landmark does not distribute dividends. But then again, why should they? Why should this money-hungry organization share their profits when they are able to get the majority of their staffers to willingly work for nothing or as Sonnie_dee pointed out above, near or even below minimum wage? Boy, someone's gettin' rich the easy way!!

This whole set-up is very fishy. I've never heard of a for-profit, international multi-million dollar corporation with a workforce comprised mostly of unpaid or poorly-paid staff. Can somebody give another example? Unless you're talking sweatshops. You normally see high numbers of volunteers only in non-profit organizations.

Sonnie_dee wrote:

They make Millions in profit and claim it goes back into the company but i can't see where.... we used to scrimp and save and on EVERYTHING!

Yes they do make that claim and I'm sure it's true. So what? Why shouldn't they? That's how corporations make more and more of the green stuff, by expanding! So if Landmark takes some or all of their profits to create more courses or make their current ones more widely available, then of course their profit base is going to expand. There's nothing wrong with corporate expansion but Landmark makes it sound so altruistic, like they're doing everyone a favor. Almost as if they're running a charity.

Landmark a charity? Now there's a good laugh.

Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:59AM

So who is getting the money. I heard it was going public.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:39PM

Looking for help, landmark has been "going public" for years. I will believe it when I see it. The shares I have from being a staff member are worth next to nothing

Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 11:17PM

OOOOOOOOOh! So this is another way to "lead" sheep further into the fold! I was thinking that maybe if it was going public it was the beginning of the end, a way for the top dogs to get their money and leave. I was hoping that since a lot of comanies who paid for this junk back in the 90s don't do it anymore that they would run out of people in the general public who would buy in.

Posted by: Lucas ()
Date: February 08, 2006 01:35AM

sonnie_dee - I'm a journalist working on an article about Landmark (you may have seen one of my posts on this message board). The focus of the piece will be Landmark's methods in the workplace - specifically, how the company makes inroads into corporate environments.

From what I understand, some folks encounter Landmark because their boss asks (or tells) them to go. Others realize that the consultancy they're working with is using Landmark-style techniques.

Would you be willing to tell me about your experience? I'd be happy to explain more about the article - and you're welcome to stay anonymous if you wish.

Would love to hear from you (or any others that have something to add). Please drop me a note at the email address below - or post a reply here. I should receive a notification.

Sincerely,
Lucas
comm-131926396@craigslist.org

Posted by: Laura19 ()
Date: February 22, 2006 07:39AM

The Canadian forum leader in Vancouver BC told the group that they make about the same salary as a University Professor, which could mean anywhere from $60k to $150k.

Interestingly enough, they also said that eventually "once the program is off the ground" they no longer want to charge tuition, that at this point they are trying to build the program. Weird...do the math $500/session multiplied by 200 people = $100,000k per session???

That's a WHOLE lot of money going towards 'building' the company....

But I thought they were trying to do good for mankind?? Guess not! Seems like a HUGE scam to me!

Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: February 22, 2006 11:38PM

My ex has tried to get the company she works for to do it, but to no avail. She has alienated herself from her co workers, but she still tries to get everyone she comes in contact with to do the forum.

She is a full blown deployable agent, and she does not even realize it. That's what's so damned frightening.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.