what good if anything comes from LGAT's?
Posted by: magpie ()
Date: September 10, 2010 03:17AM

What do you guys think about someone involved in one of these groups who can say yea I was brainwashed but I am happy with my life so I don't care.... Are there any good uses for LGAT's?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what good if anything comes from LGAT's?
Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: September 11, 2010 06:57PM

no - to be brainwashed can not be good. It takes away your own self. Your self is worth taking care of.

Lars

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: September 13, 2010 06:36AM

There seems to be a short term high, all that emotional manipulation while closeted away from the world ensures that. But that soon wears off once the attendee goes back into the mundane world--so the attendee has to think about buying the next course in order to get that emotional high again.

Its very like your friendly neighbourhood drug dealer who can afford to give you the first hit very cheap or for free because he knows that you will like as not be a repeat customer and repay his original 'generosity' a hundred-fold.

For those who get caught they are on an endless emotional roller coaster controlled by some-one else--as Lars said it takes away your own self and places that self in the hands of others who have only profit as a motive.
Your self is worth taking care of.

Date: September 13, 2010 05:47PM

Actually the high never came back even though I did take the forum again.

During the high I got trapped into taking the leadership course to become an introduction leader. I wanted to become a forum leader myself since I thought they were supermen/women. But when I later came to work close to these superbeings I could see that they were just caught in the trap themselves. They had to "generate" their being.

So after a while you could start to see that the people on staff were quite miserable - working long hours to fullfill the enrollment goals. But they could
not show their frustration of being overworked. So there was really a feeling that people were pretending to be happy.

These mindbending LGATs make people very mentally oriented. Your brain will struggle with the "technology" making people loose sleep. Quite a few burn out in the process.

I am very happy that a curageous team of reporters did 2 programmes on national TV in Sweden. Landmark lost the market of new recruits and left Sweden. However there are people that say that they will come back in 2014 with a swedish forum leader. I wonder if they will succeed.....

Date: September 13, 2010 09:35PM

Lars,

Being close to these forum leaders, what made you believe they were quite miserable? Why would they continue to do it year after year if they are miserable? I believe you have two types of landmarkians, the ones ever searching for the original high, and the ones that have bought it so completely that their whole mode of thinking has changed and these ones will never see what the mind manipulation has done to them. You have the landmarkians that do not volunteer, just like in scientology, if you have enough money you are shielded from many of the seedier parts of the organization these are the ones that may never see the light, these are the ones that will defend landmark/scientology for their entire lives as they are able to use what these organizations have without any harm done to them (or so they think)

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 13, 2010 09:42PM

Has anyone received a PM from JayJoseph re Landmark? I don't see any posts on the board by him/her.

Date: September 13, 2010 09:45PM

Anyone that would like to discuss Landmark and things it has done to them or loved ones of theirs please private message me anytime.

Date: September 13, 2010 10:16PM

About people in landmark being miserable. Well I think the forum leaders must get tired of doing the same thing for years and years. I know of at least one who tried to quit but wasn't allowed to. That person has been doing it for some 20+ years.

Really what forum leaders do is play a script. They repeat the show weekend after weekend and I think it would be like an actor playing the same play over and over again. Who wouldn't get tired of that.

When doing the forum you see the forum leaders as gods. When you get closer to them you see that they fall into the traps they teach you to stay away from. So I guess the "technology" is not quite working for them. They (not all of them) are quite abusive and demands a lot of the volunteers.

But I guess it may be better to be on the very top than being a lower level (paid) grunt - like the people that work as staff at their centers.
When I was an introduction leader I could see that most of us (unpaid grunts) where stressed out. We always heard that something was stopping us from being successful at bringing in new recruits and that we had to "transform who we were being". That the Stockholm office's future was our job to secure - even though we did not get one $ for any of our time.

I am not saying that we did not have ANY good times though. Sometimes we felt like we were doing good for humanity (or made ourselves believe it).

Date: September 13, 2010 11:48PM

That seems to be landmarks answer for all things great and small, something is stopping you from being successful, from recruiting more people etc.... The explanation that one has run out of friends and family to accost into joining is merely a racket (?), I know my friend seems to believe I should panhandle or even call president obama (yes calling the president was actually something he SAID I should do) to see about getting money for school. I mean he says the answer is there I just don't have the knowledge to get to it yet because something is holding me back, the idea that I have for now truly run out of options does not exist in is manipulated mind. I have never given up and I am sure something else will present itself to me but to him I am running a racket since I cannot find the money. Sorry I can't seem to grow it and asking my friends who all live within normal standards to borrow money is something I refuse to do. I find it creepy that he thinks it is ok to do these things.

I wonder what these forum leaders make in a year wage wise.... I also wonder how much money werner and his brother make yearly LOL.....

Lars,

The leader that wanted to quit, how is it they were not allowed to? Were they guilted into staying?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.