New book by Rick Ross "Cults Inside Out"
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 24, 2014 10:04PM

There is a new comprehensive book out about cults titled "Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out."

See [www.amazon.com]

The book includes a history of cults, cult intervention work and how people can be "deprogrammed" out of the cult mind-set.

There are chapters on Scientology, Falun Gong, LGATs (large group awareness training e.g. Landmark Education the Forum), abusive-controlling cultic relationships, family cults, "cult brainwashing" and how to define a destructive cult. The book includes more than 1,200 footnotes an 18-page bibliography and extensive index. The book also includes case vignettes demonstrating how people break free from cults through family interventions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New book by Rick Ross "Cults Inside Out"
Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: January 03, 2015 12:07PM

Thanks! Just ordered a copy on Amazon.

Date: January 13, 2015 11:14PM

Please post a review when you are finished and share your thoughts.

Posted by: liminal ()
Date: January 15, 2015 01:47AM

This is an excellent book. I've skimmed through first in excitement to find passages relevant to the groups I am researching, and now am going back through more slowly. I wish I could afford to buy a large quantity of these books and give away freely.

I very much appreciate the methodical, organized style of this book.

Really, this book is a gift to us all. A gift of Rick Ross's experience, knowledge, and professionalism.

I was assisted greatly by this site years ago while recovering from an Arizona cult. This book shows me how I can continue my studies and gives me and all readers a much needed framework with factual knowledge.

Date: February 03, 2015 02:55AM

Thanks.

Please feel free to post a book review about "Cults Inside Out" at Amazon.com

Posted by: rudrayama ()
Date: February 13, 2015 02:22PM

I just ordered my copy and will put in a review on Amazon, I am sure it is amazing.

Date: February 14, 2015 12:05AM

Thanks.

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: February 11, 2017 03:01AM

I got my copy a few days ago. I am finding things in many of the chapters that also seem true of my experiences at LE, even though the chapter may have nothing to do with LGATS.

Posted by: Sue G ()
Date: October 03, 2018 09:50PM

I was scearching for someone in this group to convey my story. I don't know if you are the right person but I hope you will pass it on to the person who owns this organization.

I am a mother a 3 kids. A cancer survivor. My husband has been going to your group especially in San Francisco to have sex there. I have nothing to live for now. I struggle each day to keep the family together but yours is one of the ways he is doing this. Our relationship is destroyed and our family too. Please don't encourage this with married men. It's wrong. Sex is the most intimate exchange between two people in love. We are suppose to take responsibility and work on our marriage not go out for easy sex. If people thought this way the world will be a sad place indeed. Bringing up children means we put their happiness first because they are the ones who will create the future world of happiness based on human relationship. I understand open relationships. But ours is not one of them. Men can always say I need sex but to let them is taking away they ability to take responsibility to fix their relationship. Your organization is one of them only. But it has added to our suffering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.