Current Page: 2 of 3
Where and Why is landmark banned ...
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 02, 2005 01:20AM

"critical thinker":

Interesting background, once again proof that some well-educated and intelligent folks get involved in groups called "cults" and/or "cult-like" in their methodology and manipulations.

Your points have already been responded to repeatedly. You may believe that you have "established" something and if that makes you feel better, fine.

Please understand that stating the same points over and over again is not a meaningful exchange on this board and doesn't establish anything.

Cute how you slipped in a personal attack on point six though.

You are an apologist, that's an objective fact based upon your posts and its meaningful to state that here within this context.

Your response about the arbitration clause in Landmark's paperwork is laughable and doesn't much reflect a "critical thinker."

What counseling program, licensed theraptist or seminar retreat would you cite with similar provisions to be signed by participants?

Most people that are really critically thinking would consider such a provision a "red flag" that denotes potential personal safety concerns, serious risk and/or past problems.

Your interpretation that the arbitration clause is there because of "mentally ill people or those with a number of specific, enumerated conditions" is at best a sort of self-serving indulgence, though many would consider it a form of "victim bashing." Of couse it is consistent with Erhard's philosophy that largely denigrates the status of anyone as a victim. And it also doesn't allow any blame for Landmark itself, i.e. the structure, dynamics and/or content of its programs.

You have also chosen to ignore the research previously provided and linked to.

Again see [www.culteducation.com]

And also [www.culteducation.com]

A more obvious conclusion for authentic critical thinkers is that Landmark's programs hurt people, have a history of hurting people and that Landmark knows this as reflected by the paperwork protechtion they have conceived.

It's amusing to see you twist around that obvious point, going on and on with rather contrived tangents and evasive posturing, but I don't know if that can be considered an authentic or meaningful exchange.

Again, it is just apology and repeating it mantra-like doesn't improve it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: December 02, 2005 07:52AM

critical_thinker
9) What is the upset regarding which articles you will post or not? If it pertains to Landmark Education, why should they not all be part of the picture and the reader allowed to form his or her own opinion? If I come up with other articles and expert opinions, will publish them?

Why Landmark never publicized Jean-Marie Abgrall report about the Forum?

See: [www.prevensectes.com]

Talking about biasing the debate, I think Landmark zealots do that all the time. For your information, Dr. Jean-Marie Abgrall, a French psychiatrist and an expert on cults, says that the Forum presents a danger for the participants because of:

- the confusion coming from the therapeutic demand mixed with the personal development proposal;

- of the incapacity for the coaches to control participants who are developing mental troubles;

- by insufficient selection criteria of the participants;

- by the absence of follow-up after the seminars;

Dr. Abgrall also said clearly that he never said Landmark was not a cult.
So, why hide the document to the participants before they sign up???

Aren't you authentic?

BTW Dr. Abgrall was interviewed on the TV documentary entitled "Voyage au pays des nouveaux gourous: la secte Landmark Education" that was aired on France 3 in 2004. After the airing of the documentary, the French ministry of Justice and the ministry of finance lauched an inquiry following which Landmark had to stop all of it's activities over the French territory. Why don't you publicize the documentary to your fans? This is public information too!

After 13 years of training with landmark, don't you get it?

"Be Powerful: be straight in your communication and take what you get. " !!!

Another blatant contradiction of your flawed system of beliefs that is. If you are really a "critical thinker" like your name says, why dont you "Give up being right" at this point !!! Contradictions, contradictions again and again. This is why it drives people crazy.

I think it is fair to say that "anyone who claims to understand Landmark ('s logic) is either a liar or crazy" !!!

Posted by: critical_thinker ()
Date: December 03, 2005 07:34AM

We're back to the suppression again, aren't we?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 03, 2005 08:52AM

"critical thinker":

No, but it seems you have finally gotten down to flaming.

Please read the rules again.

If you don't like the responses don't post.

Date: December 03, 2005 01:39PM

rrmoderator
No, but it seems you have finally gotten down to flaming.

Please read the rules again.

If you don't like the responses don't post.

"Flaming" is part of Landmark's tactics to destabilize participants and those individuals they qualify as "non coachable".

They go in "flame" when their logic breaks down (inevitably) and they are in conflict and struggling with themselves. They are actually suffering! They need help, but instead, they run for more "coaching" in order to ease the pain created by their internal conflict.

Date: December 04, 2005 01:26AM

critical_thinker

Is that all you've got for an answer? It is you who is doing the supression by refusing to answer my points. But I know you simply cannot answer in an INTELLIGENT manner, because the "paradox" in your communications are too blatant. You have become a victim of a flawed system of logic, and you cannot find any way out.

So, I guess this means you are "complete", meaning that you ignore the facts and leave it all behind. Back to neverending "coaching".

This quote from Richard Feynman about Quantum Mechanics applies very well here to Landmark's flawed system of logic and other paradox in life:

"...Do not keep saying to yourself, if you can possibly avoid it, "But how can it be like that?' because you will get "down the drain" into a blind alley from which nobody has yet escaped. Nobody knows how it can be like that."

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: December 04, 2005 02:55AM

What I find amusing is the Landmarkian's name, "critical thinker". Amusing because Landmark's most feared nemesis is the critical thinker - it's the trait they seek to destroy in their dedicated flock. After all, brainwashing and critical thinking are like oil and water - they don't mix.

Calling a Landmarkian "critical thinker" reminds me of the defunct East Germany - one of the most suppressive communist dictatorships in the world named themselves the German DEMOCRATIC republic.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: December 04, 2005 04:40AM

critical_thinker

Hey C. T.

Are you also a scientologist?

Ellen

Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: December 09, 2005 09:45PM

Why isn't the federal or state government more active in regards to Landmark (and others?) Landmark seems to be well documented as using cult-like behavior modification, with great numbers of victims, family, and friends willing to testify as such. Why isn't there anything from the government?

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: December 10, 2005 01:01AM

Ether Dragon
Why isn't the federal or state government more active in regards to Landmark (and others?) Landmark seems to be well documented as using cult-like behavior modification, with great numbers of victims, family, and friends willing to testify as such. Why isn't there anything from the government?

My question exactly! Mind control is a known and a real thing, and LGATs use the known and real techniques. Why no comment from the government? LGATs are unconstitutional, and are criminal, as I see it.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.