sterling institue
Posted by: pinky055 ()
Date: September 04, 2007 01:21AM

I need as much info as I can find. My boyfriends brother is trying to sign him up for a men's weekend and everything I read is making me sick. How am I going to prove this is a really bad idea?

Options: ReplyQuote
sterling institue
Posted by: pinky055 ()
Date: September 04, 2007 09:44AM

Well there doesn't seem to be much out there other than what is on Rick Ross's site. I am really trying to convince my boyfriend this is a bad idea. If anyone thinks otherwise please let me know.

sterling institue
Posted by: dwest ()
Date: September 12, 2007 03:01AM

The references at [en.wikipedia.org] are not all postive. There is a thread about Sterling at FactNet . I just googled Sterling Institute.
Sometimes one needs to go a page or two deep in google to get away from the 'official' links.

sterling institue
Posted by: lwillis68 ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:30PM

I recently found out that some friends of mine were involved in sterling's little band. They tried to get me to go to the men's weekend. When I asked questions about what it was, they just replied "do you trust me?" When I asked what organization sponsored the weekend, they would not tell me. All the information I have on sterling, I have found on Rick Ross' site. There seems to be no other location for information on sterling. After much reading I am shocked, amazed and offended that this group exists. If you know anyone that is considering attending one of the weekends, my advice is to tell them to wake up! It could be more damaging than good. My "friend" that belongs to sterling is always going to men's division meetings and is required to spend untold amounts of time o the phone with the other members. he has no time for himself or his wife. The only way she can spend any time alone with him is to get up early in the morning and go golfing with him. And he spends that time concetrating on the game and not on her. I dont see how this is supposed to help a relationship. Seems to me that it would be more apt to tear it apart. It takes two to make a marriage/relationship work. It is not 100% the womans responsibility as sterling preaches. I would rather pluck my eyes out with hot pokers than refer, advocate, recommend, allow, or find acceptible having anyone I know or care about joining this charade.

Re: sterling institue
Posted by: Dave Vanian ()
Date: January 16, 2008 09:29PM

Pinky,

I was involved with Sterling off and on for a number of years. Some good experiences but overall it left a bad taste in my mouth. There is a lot the organization will not tell you when they want you to sign up. The bottom-line to them is Justin's bottom-line. Enroll, enroll, enroll. And once in, if you do not enroll other men yourself, cult-like tactics are used to elicit guilt and other negative emotions. The pressure is relentless.

I am a wealth of knowledge on Sterling and its operation. I am highly intelligent and saw through the scam (once in), and was chastised by my Team and the 'higher-ups' as I felt we (my men's team) were being used as a free-of-charge marketing team for Justin's Empire. My Team eventually saw the light and admitted I was right. It took them ten years to figure out what I did in three weeks.

I do not think there is only 'bad' in the Sterling organization. But look at the facts: There is a very low retention rate for graduates - going back to the early 90's. I have done the math and made adjustments for men who do not live near the city where it was offered. Why do so few men stay involved? Of my men's teams (I was involved in several) I was the only one to stay for any length of time. I saw no evidence that Sterling saves/saved marriages. By the same token I have I not seen it ruin relationships either.

I am not going to write a dissertation about my experience. Ask any questions you may have. I am an open book. I will say that the really awful things I have read on this site about Sterling I do not believe are a result of doing the Weekend. The awful behavior is the 'man', not the Men's Weekend. I have never witnessed or heard of a man being encouraged to do 'bad' things to anyone while involved in the program. In fact doing good things in the world is encouraged and even praised.

Here is a tip to carry with you for the rest of your life: Never trust an organization that has all the answers but is unwilling to answer any questions. It is a great quote. I forget who said that.

Dave

Posted by: Dave Vanian ()
Date: January 16, 2008 09:37PM

Willis,

I was involve for a while. Ask away.

Dave

Posted by: tiggerwil ()
Date: January 27, 2010 09:08AM

to my pm buddy, let me know youre ok, please check your messages

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.