Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I lost a very dear friend to Landmark
Posted by: ConcernedandSad ()
Date: February 25, 2016 10:42AM

I'm sitting here crying again. This has all taken such a toll on me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ConcernedandSad ()
Date: March 23, 2017 01:08AM

Hi, just an update, as it's been over a year.

We still talk occasionally, but it's NOTHING like we used to talk. I truly think he's so far gone.

The good news is is that I have stopped blaming myself, because I was doing that for so long. I thought it was my fault that he had withdrawn from me, but I know it wasn't, of course it wasn't.

I never addressed my concerns over Landmark to him, but I did hint at how much he changed. I kept replaying things in my head, maybe if I had behaved differently or looked the other way and played dumb, he would still be close to me. But of course this wasn't my fault.

Everything about him, I am realizing, is so, so classic Landmark.

I'm not sick over it like I was earlier. I've done my best to move on and am just cautiously optimistic that one day he'll come back down to earth, as I'm seeing is possible from other stories.

Thank you all for your support. It's been very helpful to know I'm not alone.

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: March 25, 2017 12:56PM

No, it wasn't your fault. I'm glad that you're starting to feel better.

Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: September 11, 2017 07:28AM

Thank you for your post. I am going through the exact thing now and I am devasted. I miss my friend terribly. It is so very hard to watch. Ad the rest of our close friends live interstate, I am the only one who can see what is happening to him. I am worried that in time he will see the pain his actions have caused snd everything will come crashing down.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.